PDA

View Full Version : The dirty jobs.

erikramza
06-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes! Another month coming up without showers, electricity, or anything close to civilization. We wont even have vehicles this time considering the area we'll be in. Just baby wipes, our weapons, and a couple changes of clothes. FUCK YEAH. Unfortunatly there is apparently of net of poeple who read this that permit me from going too into detail about it. So my apologies.

In all our briefs we were told we're going back in time to the thirteenth century, which feels fairly accurate. Strange thing is, every afghan, NO MATTER HOW SECLUDED THE LOCATION, has a 100% working cellphone, somehow.

My question to you... Who else likes doing the dirty jobs that everyone else hates? Who takes pride in going out, becoming a filthy mess, and still getting the job done? And what jobs?

Christmas
06-30-2010, 11:49 AM
You are from the military I assume. Same here! :bigsmile:

Can't said I take pride or enjoy the job though. But since I am on the job, I just have to make the fullest of it and look at the positive side of things. :bigsmile:

But it sux when the person that sleep with you like to toss her underwear onto your head while you are sleeping. And sometimes she come back half drunk and ended up squeezing with you onto your bed. Dun ask me how she is drunk when she is on a military exercise! :mymelbert:

But I still love her though! :kaoclove:

Chris
06-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Can't said I take pride or enjoy the job though. But since I am on the job, I just have to make the fullest of it and look at the positive side of things. :bigsmile:
This. No point in wasting time and energy on bitchin' and moanin', when at the end of the month, you do get a paycheck after all. A lot of people do not.

Peegee
06-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Fixing things, no matter how annoying, feels amazing after.

I used to have a job where our 'job' was to complete a 'project', either a move, or an installation, or troubleshooting. I like the feeling after an installation is completed and everything is working - I can go 'I made this' and gloa..smile.

Momiji
06-30-2010, 05:30 PM
I used to haaaaate going outside to mow, but now I often look forward to doing it. It feels nice to go outside and sweat a little, while getting covered in freshly-mowed grass.

I wouldn't say I like being filthy by any means, though. >_>

Clo
06-30-2010, 05:54 PM
I've had a few dirty jobs, and I didn't like them, but they were jobs.

I worked at a landscaping business for a while, and that entailed me going out into damp fields and cutting plants for hours in the sun, sitting in mud in a warehouse stripping the plants, and then spending a few more hours squatting in a greenhouse sticking the plants in sand, which got into my hair and my shoes, and being doused with sulphur water every five minutes.

I was a beaut when I got out.

Psychotic
06-30-2010, 06:33 PM
But it sux when the person that sleep with you like to toss her underwear onto your head while you are sleeping. And sometimes she come back half drunk and ended up squeezing with you onto your bed.Sounds like a good night to me.

Cuchulainn
06-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Erikramza You in the MILITARY? Why have you not mentioned this before???? :P

On topic I've done few things that I won't mention here. They weren't great or rewarding or appreciated. They just need to be done.

Oh! I had to clean diarrhea off my ma's dogs arse last night, if that counts, chalk that up too.

Peegee
06-30-2010, 08:11 PM

But it sux when the person that sleep with you like to toss her underwear onto your head while you are sleeping. And sometimes she come back half drunk and ended up squeezing with you onto your bed. Dun ask me how she is drunk when she is on a military exercise! :mymelbert:

U SAID U WERE A GURL

~*~Celes~*~
06-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Cleaning up child vomit, changing baby diapers, cleaning up cat/dog vomit and feces (tolerable when it's all grass, nowhere near as tolerable when it's food :x), cleaning up after our sewer backed up due to tree roots in our pipes (this house was vacant for a while before we fixed it up and moved in)...

It's not the worst in the world but man, going through it made me tough. *flexes*

Nominus Experse
06-30-2010, 08:45 PM
gesdf

Christmas
06-30-2010, 11:59 PM

U SAID U WERE A GURL

There are girls in the navy. Are you the stereotype that think only guys will be in the military? :bigsmile: