PDA

View Full Version : New to Final Fantasy MMORPGs

Rye
06-30-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm very interested in playing this. I've never played FFXI for more than an hour or two - I couldn't break into the interface, it was too difficulty. Basically, the point of this thread is for people new to Final Fantasy online gaming to post here, ask questions, etc. As we get real close to the date, we ought to see if there are any veteran FFXI players who are willing to help out the new players.

Reveal yourselves, fellow newbies! :jess:

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm relatively new. I played FFXI two summers for a month each, so I had to stop around the time I got past the grueling solo grinding >:I

Del Murder
06-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Of course I will help. And I will teach you the REAL way to play by having fun doing random stuff, and not just hoarding up loot like that hussy Ouch!!

Raistlin
06-30-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm new to FF MMOs, but I have played several other MMOs before.

And I will teach you the REAL way to play by having fun doing random stuff...

This is definitely the best part of any MMO, and the degree to which you can do that is directly proportional to how good of a game it is.

Rye
07-01-2010, 12:16 AM
And I will teach you the REAL way to play by having fun doing random stuff...

This is definitely the best part of any MMO, and the degree to which you can do that is directly proportional to how good of a game it is.

Agreed!

Yay, we will all play! I'm so excited! I like to do random fun things - I got bored with WoW because all it was was getting 5 lion hearts and 2 eagle falcons over and over.

Miriel
07-01-2010, 12:44 AM
My favorite event EVER in FFXI was put together by my first linkshell and it was a level 1 death run from one of the starting cities all the way to Jeuno. It was terrifying and awesome. I stayed in the middle of the group as we ran, watching as monsters slaughtered the people on the outskirts one by one. I finished in like 3rd place or something. Got like 100k gil for getting that far. Woo hoo!

I loooove doing random fun stuff in the game. And I love helping people! But I'm probably gonna need a lot of help myself, trying to adapt to the new game, the new battle system, controls, etc.

oddler
07-01-2010, 01:27 AM
And I will teach you the REAL way to play by having fun doing random stuff, and not just hoarding up loot like that hussy Ouch!!

I loved doing the random stuff in FFXI. We should totally just make a group of players that static to do out-of-the-way quests and things. It will be awesome.

My favorite event EVER in FFXI was put together by my first linkshell and it was a level 1 death run from one of the starting cities all the way to Jeuno.

Hell yes, death runs. :heart:

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2010, 02:51 AM
My favorite event EVER in FFXI was put together by my first linkshell and it was a level 1 death run from one of the starting cities all the way to Jeuno. It was terrifying and awesome. I stayed in the middle of the group as we ran, watching as monsters slaughtered the people on the outskirts one by one. I finished in like 3rd place or something. Got like 100k gil for getting that far. Woo hoo!

I loooove doing random fun stuff in the game. And I love helping people! But I'm probably gonna need a lot of help myself, trying to adapt to the new game, the new battle system, controls, etc.

That sounds like so much fun xD

Raistlin
07-01-2010, 02:57 AM
My favorite event EVER in FFXI was put together by my first linkshell and it was a level 1 death run from one of the starting cities all the way to Jeuno. It was terrifying and awesome. I stayed in the middle of the group as we ran, watching as monsters slaughtered the people on the outskirts one by one. I finished in like 3rd place or something.

That sounds awesome.

I loved doing random, dangerous things in Ultima Online, and I have yet to find the pre-2001 UO equivalent for doing ridiculously random and dangerous things and having fun doing it. But any game that has a culture that promotes "death runs" must have some good things going for it.

~*~Celes~*~
07-01-2010, 03:35 AM
Intriguing :o I'll think about this thoroughly.

Rostum
07-01-2010, 04:20 AM
...and not just hoarding up loot like that hussy Ouch!!

That boy has lost his ways...

Anyway, I'm up for random fun. Mainly exploration - it's something I value greatly in any game, especially an MMO, and I don't feel there's any out there that rewards exploration. I hope this one does.

Levian
07-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Random fun and questing is easily the best things ever. We should totally use EoFF to arrange a bunch of these things!

I love playing with new people as well, so see ya around, Rye. :D

oddler
07-01-2010, 10:16 AM
The best thing, in my opinion, about doing the odd fun stuff is that it gives you a great learning environment so you can get a grip on what you think you should be doing instead of learning by being berated by narrow-minded "hardcore" players when you do something "wrong".

I'm sure we'll all end up helping each other in the beginning whether we're new to the MMO scene or not. :muchlove:

Mo-Nercy
07-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I'd prefer to be flamed and called a noob until I get better. It's an integral part of the online gaming journey to awesomeness. xD

oddler
07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
No wonder you think you're supposed to be a banana when you're actually an apple. :monster:

Mo-Nercy
07-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm so damaged :(

Ouch!
07-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Del Money's just jealous of my hot gear.

Loony BoB
07-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I am so very much in for this fun stuff, especially after the grinding gets to be too tedious. I really enjoyed learning new jobs, partying up, getting through the levels. But after you were done with that snowy area outside Jeuno (I forget the name of it) then it just got tedious for me. Everything got very dull very quick. Hopefully you guys will keep me entertained at that point with all this random stuff. Of course, knowing me, I'll often entertain myself just by running around people and casting low level cures on insanely high level people and whatnot. I forget what else I used to do to waste time, but yay for time wasting, it's brilliant.

Mogi
07-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm looking forward to this :</>D

Hurry up, September!