PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine wants to get a laptop!

KentaRawr!
07-01-2010, 02:18 PM
A friend of mine is getting a laptop, but she doesn't know which one to get! I don't know a whole lot about laptops, but I was hoping you guys would. She's just looking for something to play games and check her E-Mail on. Mainly, the game she wants to play is Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst, if you've ever heard of it. She's also hoping for a laptop that has a pretty low price. :p

So, what laptop do you think would be good for her to buy?

Edit: She also wants a big screen!

Edit 2: As it turns out, she doesn't want a laptop.

Peegee
07-02-2010, 11:15 PM
I would recommend that she gets a cheap desktop. Which is difficult considering one which is cheap might not be good. I spent 800$ on mine, for example.

Rostum
07-03-2010, 12:28 AM
I was going to suggest a Dell Studio 15 range laptop. I know Dell are generally fairly horrible, but these are quality laptops. At least in Australia, the customer service is fine too.

My girlfriend has a Studio 15, and so do 3 other friends. They all run really well, are reasonable prices and are powerful laptops. Of course, if you want something really overpriced you could go for Alienware or Macbook Pro.

However... If your friend now wants a desktop I'd recommend finding someone to help her build one. Or... Maybe just look at someone other than Dell/Alienware, since that might be a better option (due to warranties and all that). Alienware would be great, it's just that they're so overpriced for no other reason than brand name.