PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Actually Use the Special Dresspheres?

Forsaken Lover
07-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Floral Fallal, Machina Maw and Full Throttle all just seemed wholly unnecessary. Most people know X-2 isn't the hardest game around but even when it is challenging, I see no reason to waste your time zooming around the Garment Grid only to unlock this crap.

But if you did actually use them at some point, I'm curious as to when. Are they a good help against some bosses or whatever?

Hollycat
07-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I never figured out how to equip them

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2010, 06:16 PM
I never really had to in order to complete the main story. I have yet to defeat some powerful bosses that would 100% it though.

Skyblade
07-01-2010, 08:03 PM
I never figured out how to equip them

You have to change to every dressphere on the current Garment Grid in a single battle. Then, sphere change again, and while the Garment Grid is up, press the R shoulder button. Every dressphere should change color and logo, then just hit X to confirm.

But, no. I maxed their abilities, then abandoned them. Too unwieldy, they aren't worth the trouble.

Vermachtnis
07-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I use Machina Maw every now and again. I thought it looked the coolest.

Saber
07-01-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't use them but I am leveling them up to 100% for perfectionist purposes. Soon I will have everything in the game. Just one more play through should do.

Mirage
07-02-2010, 12:24 AM
I used them until i got an iron duke, because iron duke stats don't get carried over to special dress spheres, actually making the characters weaker than normal.

Skyblade
07-02-2010, 01:31 AM
I used them until i got an iron duke, because iron duke stats don't get carried over to special dress spheres, actually making the characters weaker than normal.

Neither do any other Accessory abilities. The Spellspring ability from Ragnarok is another big one to miss out on.

But mostly, they're just overkill. They're cumbersome, unwieldly, and destroy everything too fast to enjoy them. Battles are really fast anyway, why would you want to jobchange for an extra thirty seconds just to switch to a game-killer?

Markus. D
07-02-2010, 01:49 AM
The only real game killer is the Floral Fallal (Great Whirl).

But they do overbalance the party a little too much.

Renmiri
07-02-2010, 09:44 AM
The only real game killer is the Floral Fallal (Great Whirl).

But they do overbalance the party a little too much.

Floral Fallal is pretty imba. Rikku's special isn't that overpowered. Paine and Yuna are.

I finished the game twice without them, but used them to complete the via Infinito 100 levels.

qwertysaur
07-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I used Paine's a lot in the beginning because you can get it much earlier than the others.

Christmas
07-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Hardly, cause I realize Mascots and other dresspheres can do quite a lot of serious pwnage without having to switch here and there to kill one random flan. :bigsmile:

Crossblades
07-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Barely used them. Just maybe once just to see what they there like, but for the most part I just used regular dresspheres

Depression Moon
07-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah I needed them for boss fights.

BG-57
07-20-2010, 03:00 AM
The only reason to use the Unerring Path GG is for these. They are powerful but a party of all three characters is almost always going to provide more flexibility. I maxed all the abilities of every DS, these included.

Nominus Experse
07-23-2010, 10:32 AM
g43y5y

Rad Bromance
07-23-2010, 01:06 PM
I used Floral Fallal a lot in the Via Inifinito and killed like three of the bosses there with it. But I mostly used it because it reminded me of Sailor Moon. :)