PDA

View Full Version : Will you be getting the Collector's Edition and start six days early?

Loony BoB
07-01-2010, 05:07 PM
I will be.

Goldenboko
07-01-2010, 08:13 PM
I need to look into the difference in features other then 6 days earlier play before I commit an extra 25 dollars or so to a video game. That is a month and a half of subscription or so when you think about it.

oddler
07-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm actually really sad that PC and PS3 release dates aren't going to be simultaneous. I was planning on buying a PS3 specifically for this game so I wouldn't have to worry about specs and whatnot. But yes, if I do end up buying it for PC, I'll start early. :choc2:

Del Murder
07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Probably not. Miriel and I can't play together until the PS3 version comes out anyway, since we'll only (potentially) have one computer that can play it. I can't wait until we see this game on HDTV. I can't believe we have to wait 6 months for it!

Loony BoB
07-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Something tells me it won't actually have HD-quality graphics, just really good ones. I'd be very impressed if they took things to that level. Still, you never know...

Del Murder
07-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I probably can't tell the difference between HD and 'really good' graphics. I still play Super Nintendo games. :p

Rostum
07-02-2010, 12:28 AM
I will be. :D

The PS3 will have 720p and the PC will be able to do 1080p. But man, I'm with Del on the not being so hung up about HD. I still download those 700MB movie rips and think they're fine. XD

Freya
07-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Hopefully I have a job by then, if so then YES. If not then no :(

Levian
07-02-2010, 08:10 AM
I'll probably get the collector's edition, if only for the magic of seeing everyone experience the game for the first time and walk around like headless chickens.

Loony BoB
07-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I look forward to being one of those headless chickens. =]

700MB is the only way, Omecle! :D Anything else is for those weird patient people.

Rostum
07-02-2010, 02:31 PM
700MB is the only way, Omecle! :D Anything else is for those weird patient people.

And I can fit more on my portable HDD. :D And not waste all my bandwidth per mont. :D

(Yes, in Australia our Internet is so awesome our ADSL2+ plans have limits on bandwidth download (not upload) per month!)

Loony BoB
07-02-2010, 02:46 PM
I think a lot of them have limits up here, too. I'm on a pretty expensive Virgin setup which is unlimited, though. Do they all have limits over there? Or are the alternatives too expensive?

Rostum
07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm on a 65GB limit for $70AUD, and there's 250GB limits for like $299AUD which is just crazy as hell.

Loony BoB
07-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Does FFXI take up a lot of that? I hate caps. I have no idea how much bandwidth I use, mind you.

Ouch!
07-02-2010, 04:59 PM
My girlfriend and I shelled out $80 already. :\

Rostum
07-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Does FFXI take up a lot of that? I hate caps. I have no idea how much bandwidth I use, mind you.

Nah, FFXI barely takes up anything.

Miriel
07-03-2010, 05:20 AM
I'll probably get the collector's edition, if only for the magic of seeing everyone experience the game for the first time and walk around like headless chickens.

Ahh, that would be so much fun to witness!

We only have one computer to play this at the moment. So we may just get one copy just to be able to be there to witness the initial madness. But we probably won't really start committing to playing until we can figure out how to play it together. :/

Loony BoB
07-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Do what I did for Danielle! Buy another PC! :D

Baloki
07-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeargdribble
07-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Bandwidth caps sound awful. I would exceed 65 GBs so fast. I also used to say the same about HD even after getting a very large HD TV. Then I watched a few blu-ray movies and had HD dish service for a while. I can certainly tell a difference now and I really love HD, but I'm not hung up on it. I spend so much of my gaming time playing 8-bit classics either on PC or DS.

As for 14. If I were going to get it I would almost certainly go for collectors. At this point the wife and I just don't think we want to do it. Both of our current machines could at least run it and we could afford to buy a few new video cards to get it up to looking a bit better, but we just don't know if we want to start another MMO addiction. We did FFXI for years and nearly ruined our lives. Did WoW for several years and almost ruined our lives again as they were getting back on track.

We started back on FFXI a bit casually and I feared the cycle of good intentions ("we just won't do endgame and won't do hardcore stuff any more") followed by failure would repeat. My wife has it worse than me. I'm all but done, but she realized that she had it bad the other day when she took a high level party after vowing not to do so. Suddenly 8 hours later she was starving and drained... I was pissed that she'd made herself completely unavailable all day and she realized that it's like frickin' heroin to her. She just can't keep in manageable.

At many times I'm no better.... and worse... we feed off of one another. We end up slowly ramping it up until it's unhealthy. Plus I'm tired of paying nearly $50 a month for an MMO (smurf SE and their BS mules for pay in a game that nearly requires them to keep inventory reasonable for multi-job characters in a game where you always play multiple jobs).

She plans to cancel FFXI at the end of summer and likely not look back. We enjoyed LOTRO a bit and always said it would be worth it if it were FTP so we could really go at it casually. Also there's the Torchlight MMO coming and Diablo III might come out one of these days. Those are healthier, cheaper alternatives that are more suited to a couple playing together anyway.

All that said, I fear that temptation may end up being too great once all of our friends start playing and talking about how much fun their are having... I'm afraid we may crack...

Lionx
07-04-2010, 05:54 PM
No, i don't care enough about the extras to shell out more money. That and i am pretty broke with all my trips in the summer and Starcraft II.

That being said, you all need to tell me what server you guys are going to early on. My friends and I will probably get the regular version (except for Myoi LOL!) and would like to know as early as possible to join in on the fun :)

Rostum
07-04-2010, 11:59 PM
No, i don't care enough about the extras to shell out more money. That and i am pretty broke with all my trips in the summer and Starcraft II.

That being said, you all need to tell me what server you guys are going to early on. My friends and I will probably get the regular version (except for Myoi LOL!) and would like to know as early as possible to join in on the fun :)

You better come to our server!!! Or I be mad.

Aydin
07-05-2010, 12:19 AM
I already have it reserved! :D I'm totally playing it six days early...

...But last time I heard, it was eight days early.

Loony BoB
07-05-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm probably going to pre-order two copies at our local GAME store in about an hour. =]

EDIT: Turns out it's not yet available. :(

KentaRawr!
07-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Maybe I'm just a goofy, but won't you just need one copy to install the game on two different PCs?

Loony BoB
07-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Each copy comes with a registration number that allows you to subscribe. Also, bonus items etc.