PDA

View Full Version : What kind of player do you hope to be?

Loony BoB
07-02-2010, 03:57 PM
I mean, obviously we don't know the details of exactly how you play, but from what Omecle has said it could be dramatically different. What do you think you'll start out as though? I'll be gunning for whatever it is that takes hits the best, if such a Tank-esque thing exists. I quite enjoy being the brawn alongside Danielle's magic-focused style, it means when we play together we can generally cover the bases. :)

Anyone who has any advice on styles that you can come up with in the game, feel free to offer input. :D

The more I talk about this game, the more I get excited. The more excited about this game, the more I talk about it! Argh! By September 22nd, hopefully I won't have exploded or something.

oddler
07-02-2010, 06:09 PM
I want to beat up monsters. :)

From FFXI experience, I played a lot of THF, DRK, and PLD. Tanking was fun but I think I was a lot more into it when I was the one destroying the enemies. DRK was easily my favorite to play. :p

I think I'll lean toward dealing damage as my main thing since it's seemed that most players will tend to gravitate toward a tank style or healing style. Really, I just want to walk up to a group of baddies, have somebody distract them, then walk all over them. :choc2:

Del Murder
07-02-2010, 06:39 PM
I want to try something different than my FFXI starting jobs, WAR and PLD. Maybe a mage job. Archer looks appealing, but I'm concerned with ammo prices.

Rostum
07-03-2010, 12:22 AM
DRK was easily my favorite to play.

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES. However, Maurader looks like it'll be right up your ally! It's pretty awesome.

I do want to deviate from my experiences in other MMO's (like FFXI and Aion) where I've mainly been the melee damage dealer or tank. So I think I might go for a mage class or Archer. I'd also like to get heavily involved in the gathering/crafting jobs, once I know a bit more about them.

Loony BoB
07-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Yeah, one thing I always wished would be easier / less expensive in FFXI is crafting. It takes forever to get to the top levels of some things and it's not worth the money in a lot of cases, too. But I did a bit of a few things despite that purely because it's a neat thing to do. I hope it's better in this game. I don't mind if it's just as time consuming OR just as expensive, but it would well and truly suck it if were still both of those things. I want to be a blacksmith. :D

KentaRawr!
07-03-2010, 01:31 AM
I normally go with some kind of mage job, but I feel compelled to start with some kind of attacker this time around. A Lalafell Gladiator sounds appealing!

Most likely though, I'll be going with either Thaumaturge or Conjurer. I just hope that partying early on is practical so a Gladiator can take all my hits for me. :roll2

Del Murder
07-03-2010, 05:08 AM
I usually find crafting boring, so we'll see what those classes bring.

Miriel
07-03-2010, 05:19 AM
I was a badass White Mage in FFXI, so I think I'll go a different route and be more along the lines of ARRGHH ATTACK!!

Freya
07-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I've really come to liking healing and blowing :bou::bou::bou::bou: up from a distance. So I think i'll go for that. I was a tank often cause it's awesome to be the main jerk to a big guy but I always felt too much pressure on if things messed up D:

Levian
07-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Depends on my internet connection, I guess. My internet connection last year was pretty crappy, so I couldn't be a role where people relied on me to always be on time, like a WHM. It might be fun to try Thief, if there is a class like that. I'm moving to a new place though, so who knows what my internet will be like there. :p

KentaRawr!
07-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Depends on my internet connection, I guess. My internet connection last year was pretty crappy, so I couldn't be a role where people relied on me to always be on time, like a WHM. It might be fun to try Thief, if there is a class like that. I'm moving to a new place though, so who knows what my internet will be like there. :p

From what I understand, there's no more auto-attack, so no matter what job you pick, you'll constantly be putting in commands.

Also, I sneezed four times while writing this message, and I feel another one coming on. I'm -- make that five. I'm allergic to you, Levian.

Lionx
07-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Man fucking DRK lol...my friend would level DRK with my PLD and although we worked out the best tactics ever, every now and then i would still have to stare at him when he jacks the hate off me. o_o Like...goddamnit..XD

That being said, Healer...always am and will be. :spin:

KentaRawr!
07-04-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm still curious how the class system really works in this game. I want to be a healer, so maybe I should look into how the class system works to figure out how I can be the best healer I can be. :p

Also, looking at the spell list for the Conjurer on the main site, it seems like the Conjurer is basically a RDM with WHM style equipment. :p

oddler
07-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Man smurfing DRK lol...my friend would level DRK with my PLD and although we worked out the best tactics ever, every now and then i would still have to stare at him when he jacks the hate off me.

Prevent it from happening in the first place so you don't have to work to steal it back! :heart:

Marauder sounds nice and fancy as far as big damage goes but I'm also an accuracy buff. If dropping a little bit of power to make sure I hit non-stop is necessary to increase damage rate, that's totally the way I'll lean.

Aydin
07-05-2010, 12:20 AM
I want to be a lalafell black mage!

KentaRawr!
07-05-2010, 01:30 AM
I want to be a lalafell black mage!

You'll have to choose between Thaumaturge and Conjurer. :p Conjurer has the elemental spells, while the Thaumaturge has a bunch of drainage spells.

Levian
07-05-2010, 07:21 AM

From what I understand, there's no more auto-attack, so no matter what job you pick, you'll constantly be putting in commands.

Also, I sneezed four times while writing this message, and I feel another one coming on. I'm -- make that five. I'm allergic to you, Levian.

Nuuuuuuu! :(

I guess I'll just stay level 1 and annoy everyone around me instead!

Loony BoB
07-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Come over to Edinburgh and leech our broadband again. xD

Shiny
07-05-2010, 12:11 PM
A pimp. That's the only kind of player that keeps it real.

Levian
07-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Watch your mouth! fares for late september happen to be very cheap.

Loony BoB
07-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Ooooooh. We're planning on taking a couple of days off work once it's out, so maybe we'll take a full week and have you over. xD Dunno, depends on what Danielle has planned as she's only got something like three weeks left until May. But still, I don't know what we'll be doing in that time that would use up all three weeks, so I don't see why it's not a possibility. =]

Mirage
07-05-2010, 12:50 PM
DRK was easily my favorite to play.

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES.

This is my {Last Resort}.

I plan on being a warrior, healer, and probably some agile, quick, sneaky thing.

Loony BoB
07-05-2010, 12:54 PM
There's a thought. I wonder how a thief works given that, to my knowledge it's not a role/job/whatever at the moment, going by the descriptions...

Rye
07-05-2010, 01:17 PM
I was a tank in WoW and I really enjoyed it. I feel like I'd not pay enough attention to other players to be a mage.