PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, 'Murrikah~

~*~Celes~*~
07-04-2010, 08:19 AM
All of us 'Murrikans get to spend the day eating foods and watching firework displays! :jess: I, personally, get to set off some fireworks with some friends and my big brother, I'm so excited!

What are YOUR plans for 'Murrikah's birthday?

Shin Gouken
07-04-2010, 09:30 AM
I decided to educate myself and google Murrikahs birthday but i'm afraid not even google can help with that one. So now i'm suspicious

~*~Celes~*~
07-04-2010, 09:34 AM
:exdee:

America. Murrikah is just a goofy spelled-the-way-Bush-pronounces-it kind of thing.

Christmas
07-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Oh, independence day. I couldn't figure out what's Murrikah earlier on. :bigsmile:

I hope everyone have fun and joy in this occasion! :bigsmile:

Shin Gouken
07-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh Independence Day! That was a bit of a cheesy film but had some nice special effects for it's time. I'm going to go ahead and recommend 'Ernest Goes To Camp' though which i feel was far superior in terms of character development and plot

Shlup
07-04-2010, 09:51 AM
After a few squinty-eyed moments, I figured it out.

BJ's family always does a full-on get together at my mother-in-law's house. I made cakepops and sunomono and bacon-wrapped dates. Our friends are having a party so we hope to ditch at least some of family-time this year though...

And the park down the street does a big thing with the fireworks RIGHT THERE. The snowcone line was like a block long last year though.

Rodarian
07-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Happy American Day :jess:

G13
07-04-2010, 01:06 PM
You guys make me laugh laughter. :lol:

I'll probably celebrate by pounding a Monster, followed by field dressing a cat (I'm always talking about it and never doing it), then I'll probably get drunk and shoot at things in my backyard, and top it all off with choking down some hamburgers that I stole from the neighbors' barbeque.

It's gonna be a fun day, I hope I don't get arrested. :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
07-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Comisserations :(

Laddy
07-04-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm gonna be hanging out! My house is located on a rather large hill surrounded by a neighboorhood subdivision. We just sit there and watch the firweorks go off around us. It truly is a pretty sight.

Momiji
07-04-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm going to sit around like any other day, then go outside and blow :bou::bou::bou::bou: up.

Raistlin
07-04-2010, 04:11 PM
A little family get-together and some fireworks. And I might be getting together with some friends afterward, considering I have off work tomorrow.

Vermachtnis
07-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Shoot roman candles at each other. Been tradition ever since we saw that AFV clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kcS6NjqBdw) of a wiener dog doing it. Then climb up on the garage roof and watch professionals shoot off fireworks at the school.

BarelySeeAtAll
07-04-2010, 06:04 PM
I thought it meant America but needed to hang back just to make sure :(

Not American so it's a little silly for me to celebrate it. Though I could use it as an excuse to party. . .though I gots school tomorrow. . .

XD I saw the "Independence Day" reminder up top, and thought "hey! it's not 4th of July yet!!! *checks bottom right corner* oh.."

UKFAIL.

Jiro
07-04-2010, 06:16 PM
To celebrate America Day I ate meat. Nothing different from an ordinary day I guess.

The Man
07-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm probably going out to dinner with my family later. Other than that it'll be just like any other day to me, other than that I coincidentally happen to have it off due to the fact that it's a Sunday.

~*~Celes~*~
07-04-2010, 07:06 PM
:lol:

Hope everyone has fun! :jess:

rubah
07-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays. It is a celebration of a day where a bunch of people got together and decided to do what they thought was morally right even though a lot of people disagreed with them.

Regardless of their personal choices and the US's history as a nation since then, the Fourth of July is still a day to celebrate courage and determination. Not military courage, we have Memorial Day and Veteran's Day for those, but just strength of individuals.

also I love fireworks and cook outs!

Rye
07-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm missing it, being in England. We don't really do much, besides have a BBQ and eat lots of kebabs and burgers!

Meat Puppet
07-04-2010, 11:58 PM
I had fireworks and booze but no holiday for me so I have the pleasure of going to work with a delightful headache

KentaRawr!
07-05-2010, 01:40 AM
I'm going to go watch fireworks and watch a bunch of people suck face! :D

Shorty
07-05-2010, 05:59 AM
Arizona is stupid and doesn't allow personal fireworks - we just have to watch the sad display that goes on for minutes put on by the city.

When I lived in Coeur d'Alene, the city would set fireworks off over the lake, and it was so beautiful to see the reflections. They offered boat rides out onto the lake during the show (dangerous maybe?), and that always seemed pretty neat. I miss doing fireworks in the streets and battling the coolest display with the neighbors, and I miss playing with sparklers.

Now that it's over, I'll list off what we made for the holiday:

Monterey Jack bacon burger (broke my vegetarianism for the holiday ;-;)
homemade onion rings with fry sauce
sweet red potato salad
bourbon boston baked beans
sweet corn on the cob
(accompanied by gin and cranberry juice)

I was going to make apple crisp a la mode for dessert, but by the time we were through eating, there was absolutely no room whatsoever. I love holidays.

~*~Celes~*~
07-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Oh man shorty can i be in your family, please? :(

I got hot dogs roasted over bonfire and a Mike's Hard Pink Lemonade. :3

qwertysaur
07-05-2010, 07:30 AM
I was at a wedding all day :p

I also got tipsy because the bride kept on forcing me to drink champagne for some reason. :shobon:

Wolf Kanno
07-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Spent it with family having an atypical BBQ then came home and did the family tradition of watching 1776 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1776_%28musical%29)

Levian
07-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I played some Silent Hill? :D and then I ate pizza.