PDA

View Full Version : MOLD

~*~Celes~*~
07-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Someone was dumb enough to open a jar of spaghetti sauce, then put it back in the pantry. I opened the jar cause i was hoping to use it for spaghetti for dinner, and i wanted to see if it was really mold or not. Now I have a huge mold-induced headache >:[

Discuss stupid things your family members have done.

Laddy
07-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Conceive me.

rubah
07-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Did you snort the mold or something? xD Why would you let it get close enough to cause a headache xD

Iceglow
07-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't live with my family anymore which is probably a good thing however my sister when she came to visit me a month or so ago managed to "pepper spray" herself with the pepper mill. I still laugh at her whenever she comes over and take the pepper off the table.

~*~Celes~*~
07-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Did you snort the mold or something? xD Why would you let it get close enough to cause a headache xD

I didn't realize it was moldy...I mean I THOUGHT it was, but i wasn't sure, so I opened the jar at about chest level and it opened with quite a bit of force behind it. I believe the mold had been incubating for quite some time, what with the heat and humidity and all.

Rye
07-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Food mold is one of my... not phobias, per say... but the idea of it and seeing it makes me freak out and retch and my skin crawls.

aquatius
07-04-2010, 10:29 PM
My sister uses not filtered water in the kettle which causes limescale to build up 'cause we have hard water in our area plus she eats all the food in the house :<

It's annoying.

Momiji
07-04-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm allergic to mold, so I kind of flip out whenever I see it on something in the refrigerator or pantry. :(

Chris
07-04-2010, 10:35 PM
People never empty the steamer... It brings out great violence in me.

Christmas
07-05-2010, 12:52 AM
So can we all conclude that MOLD (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/old%2Bmanus.html) is a terrible, horrible, indecent, unacceptable, atrocious and dirty little nuisance? :bigsmile:

Aerith's Knight
07-05-2010, 01:38 AM
The anti-bacterial effects of certain types of mold have saved many lives over the years, thank you very much, Christmas.

Old Manus
07-05-2010, 01:40 AM
i don't need to fight my own battles anymore

Christmas
07-05-2010, 01:40 AM
The anti-bacterial effects of certain types of mold have saved many lives over the years, thank you very much, Christmas.

Not the type that I mention obviously! :bigsmile:

Hambone
07-05-2010, 03:52 AM
30 minutes ago, my parents bashed Facebook. They both have accounts.

My mother yells at traffic at the top of her lungs, often using the f-word...with the windows up, with me in her Mini Cooper right next to her, most of the time confusing the rules of yielding, saying, "Don't drive like this dip:bou::bou::bou::bou: over here!" Don't worry mom, I won't.

My grandmother loaned my 19 year-old brother $1000. I don't think she's ever had a conversation with him that's lasted over three minutes.

My mother refuses to buy me a car, stating that I have to work for it and pay the insurance myself. Her reasoning? "That's how things worked for your brother." My brother received a car from our great grandfather...for free. I can't get to my job to get money for a car unless my mother helps me buy a car. My brother could handle a job because he had almost no extra-curriculars. I'm signed up for multiple AP classes, president of a club, a member of three others, our top orchestra's librarian, and one of our cello section leaders. /rant

My family never throws the boxes away from food that they eat.

I think that's everything recently.

Shorty
07-05-2010, 06:30 AM
My mom met someone on the internet (lulz) and married him on what was technically their third date. Third time they'd met. In three months.

It's working out for them so far, but that was really stupid.

Clo
07-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Oh man, my parents do something stupid everyday.

Today, for instance. I'm temporarily staying with them, until August, and today being a holiday, they guilted me into going wherever they go. For the Fourth of July they wanted to go to this park to watch fireworks, and they informed me they were leaving nine hours before the fireworks display. I was all like, "You guys want to go sit in this park for NINE HOURS?!" And they said YES, WHY DO YOU THINK THIS IS WEIRD?

And the location was far away, so I didn't want to drive up seperately later, so I caved in and went with them. We get to this park, and there is no shade. So because of my parents, I sat for almost nine hours in the sun. Sometimes I walked over to this little store to get out of the sun, but it was the size of a bathroom so it's not like I could stay there. I even tried sitting in the shadow of the park bench. I read an entire book today.

I kept reapplying sunscreen too, knowing this was going to be bad. I put on as much as I could. But lo and behold, here I am, red as a smurfing tomato, and my parents, who were wearing more clothes than me and had hats and don't burn as easily as I do were like GEE YOU SURE GOT BURNT.

That's what happens when I'm stuck sitting in the sun for nine hours in the middle of a smurfing park with no shade! I should have just walked and walked until I came to a supermarket or something. There wasn't even anyone AT the park until eight o'clock at night!

Phew, got that off my chest. :)

Rodarian
07-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Awww Clo!! *pat pat*

My parents pretty much keep everything in check....I can't recall if they did anything silly..But this one time my mum threw out an expensive designer jeans because it had holes.... THOSE HOLES WERE MEANT TO BE THERE!! ITS CALLED DISTRESSED JEANS...:mad2:

~*~Celes~*~
07-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Well it seems my thread did some of you some good! :jess:

Levian
07-05-2010, 07:34 AM
My mom is a giant packrat, so there's stuff and clutter all over the place. Basically I have to keep all my posessions in my pockets at all times when I'm visiting, if I put an item somewhere I will never see it again.

~*~Celes~*~
07-05-2010, 08:19 AM
if I put an item somewhere I will never see it again.

:| they pack you away?!!! *hides you in her closet so you're never packed away again* :greenie:

Oh Lev-Lev, :heart::heart:

Mo-Nercy
07-06-2010, 05:25 PM
My dad's very anal about getting the car as far into the garage as possible. He's dinged the front of the car more than a dozen times doing this, I'd say. We have a big garage btw. And he drives the smaller car (a Toyota Echo). Given that there's around around a metre from the back of MY car to the garage door, he really shouldn't have to bother with the whole ordeal.

Shoeberto
07-06-2010, 05:32 PM
When my dad was in high school he got fake guns and ski masks with a friend and took over the local radio station in town, taking everyone hostage.

It was because the station gave amateur hour time to people who pulled off the best pranks. He ended up winning it.

God damn I love that man.

Fujiko
07-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Did you snort the mold or something? xD

Lol xDD.

DarkBahamut
07-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Hahaha snorting mold isn't safe.