PDA

View Full Version : £100 on booze

Cuchulainn
07-05-2010, 10:36 AM
So I spend £100 on booze on saturday. Now, this ias soley on booze, not the entry fee (i had ticket) or taxi home (i had a lift). Simply, BOOZE. All sorts of booze mostly beer, vodka & whiskey.

So I guess my question to you is this. Is anyone else here a fucking idiot?

Christmas
07-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Oh mine, this remind me of the time when this random stranger approached me and asked for some money cause she lost her wallet and need some money for her medical checkup in the hospital! :bigsmile:

I withdraw some money from the ATM and pass it to her. She asked me for my contact number so that she can return me the money. I gave her and she left. This happened a few months back and she had yet to contact me. :(

Actually, the thing is that I guessed she is a con-woman right from the beginning and yet I still gave her money out of pity. I guess that is really the smurfing idiot part! :kaocry2:

I think I got another story but I dun want to make the post too long! :bigsmile:

Rodarian
07-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Hehehe... I can't come close to a 100 pounds... But I did spend a hundred dollars on bottles of vodka and rum! XD

It was a smurfing good time!

Crop
07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Oh mine, this remind me of the time when this random stranger approached me and asked for some money cause she lost her wallet and need some money for her medical checkup in the hospital! :bigsmile:

I withdraw some money from the ATM and pass it to her. She asked me for my contact number so that she can return me the money. I gave her and she left. This happened a few months back and she had yet to contact me. :(

Actually, the thing is that I guessed she is a con-woman right from the beginning and yet I still gave her money out of pity. I guess that is really the smurfing idiot part! :kaocry2:

:eep:

No, I usually take out around £50 for a night out. That includes booze, and the taxi home.

Pheesh
07-05-2010, 11:58 AM
I've spent around 250 in a night all up (taxi there and back), but never that much just on booze.

Shin Gouken
07-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Where i go, every time you buy a drink they flip a coin and if you guess right you get a free shot :roll:

Mirage
07-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Sounds about right, cuch!

I spent about £80 on booze a couple of weeks ago.
It was absinthe and vodka

Rostum
07-05-2010, 12:31 PM
When I was in the 18-21 age range all my friends would easily spend that much on booze every single weekend. I don't mind if it's a special occasion, but I usually just stick with beer because it's cheaper and it's easy enough to drink.

I just can't fathon blowing that much money so often. Would rather spend it on things that matter (like saving up to travel the world).

Heath
07-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Never spent that much on booze because I generally don't put it very high up my priority list of things to spend and I feel guilty spending money on it. I do know someone who got a taxi from Sheffield to York and paid an absolute fortune for it having missed the train home on a night out though!

Jiro
07-05-2010, 01:18 PM
That is precisely why I rock up places empty handed and just steal my way to a good night.

Breine
07-05-2010, 01:36 PM
The trick is to get drunk before going to the clubs/bars, Cuch :P

~*~Celes~*~
07-05-2010, 03:58 PM
i have yet to have a night out :( on my 21st, I shall rectify this. My parents and big brother plan to take me out. That's a whole 'nother year, 2 months, 4 days away though :(

No doubt if i get my hands on some strawberry shots (i think my mom said they basically spoon the center out of strawberries, pour strawberry whiskey in, and top with whipped cream or something), I will be going all-out. :jess:

Peegee
07-05-2010, 04:11 PM
lol - 200 lbs on booze is like 30 odd dollars at the LCBO. Silly kids.

I have blacked out many times while going out. One time I was supposed to meet this girl to show me around the city, but instead I woke up with blood on my shirt with no idea how I got home (no really!)

The time I went missing instead of waiting for my friends to drive me home only to be found hours later passed out on my living room babbling about Tara Kroes is another beauty.

I miss alcohol.

rubah
07-05-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm not sure that I've even spent £100 on booze in my life to this point. I could probably still count them all!

€5 long island iced tea
€4 vin rosé
$10 half bottle of bacardi rum
$10 random dorm-alkiehol contributions.
$7 birthday pilsner
$14x5 Rosa di Rosa and Rosa di Bianca wines
$4 blueberry ale!
$12 Mike's Hard Pink Lemonade-- and guess who drank it all >:[[
$12 st. pauli girl
$5 a hot chocolate with irish cream at Pi Tau Sigma partynight
$2.5 :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty on-sale beer at trivia night FAIL.
$5 a martini that smelled much better than it tasted (But not that bad)
$5 purple haze (:up:)

And that's all I got for now. Someone else can add these up and convert prices! Euros were ~ $1.6 when I was overthere)

While this is the majority that I've ever drunk, it is not the full amount-- just what I've paid for :p

Peegee
07-05-2010, 06:12 PM
=) it's so cute when Rubah's trying to be a boozefiend

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Well, I can't profess to actually spending it all on boozery, but all I can remember buying before I blacked out was booze. And I did wake up with two bottles of whiskey in my bed. Plus the $90some receipt I found in my pants the next day. My bank statement showed a withdrawal of $200 and all I had left was a $20.

That was Friday. Something similar to this happens pretty much every weekend. Not usually so much money though. Often I get away with only spending $40 or so myself and conning people into giving me alcohol.

Shorty
07-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Women shouldn't have to spend money on their own drinks.

DK
07-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah I spent £100 on booze when I went out in Roppongi when I was visiting my friend J in Tokyo. Me, him and our friend Satoshi went out to some awful dodgy club and I was drinking pretty much from about 8 in the evening until 6 in the morning, and then I half died on a train station platform. It was good times. :wacky:

Cuchulainn
07-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Women shouldn't have to spend money on their own drinks.

the feminist movement was always just someone elses story at your house wasn't it.

Shorty
07-05-2010, 07:23 PM
the feminist movement was always just someone elses story at your house wasn't it.

Feminism is as feminism does.

rubah
07-05-2010, 07:49 PM
maybe feminism just means that women don't have to put out just because you bought them a drink? :D

Peegee
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I constantly berate female friends for not being able to score free booze at bars.

Just talk to dudes and let them buy you drinks. You don't have to do anything you don't feel comfortable with. Yay 1990s feminism. btw I'm serious this time.

BarelySeeAtAll
07-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Really hoping to get the guys (that would be my mate, my bro will probs buy me one or two, and his mate ;) ) buying me drinks for my 18th, despite being able to buy them myself. I don't want to get legless there though, and if I spent 100 or so on drink it is guaranteed I'd be off my face drunk. I need to save up though on stuffs :/...I don't want to be sensible!!!!!

Iceglow
07-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I've done this a couple of times, you go out, you pick a club at random and find out when you wake up in the morning feeling like God shat in your skull and the Devil shoved his barbed member down your throat at the exact same time and realize you were paying around £5/£6 a bottle of Corona or whatever they have on the bar and nearly £8 a double Jack and Coke.

Worst occassion however remains the time I went to a cheap club (£3.50 for double Jack and coke, £1.50 for a bottle of beer £2.50 a pint) and managed to spend a similar amount on booze (some £70+ there was chicken shop on the way home where I somehow ended up paying for all of us including 2 guys I knew). Crawling (yes that is all we were capable off for the most part was an all fours crawl wondering why the ground kept moving) with two girls I knew for around a year prior in an equally smurfed up state from the nightbus to the place of one of the two girls. Where once you arrive even though all 3 of you somehow managed to end up in just underwear in the bed there is no drunken fumbling threesome on the bed because by the time it gets to that stage you're all passed out. Is seriously SO MUCH FUN you guys ought to try it (just don't blame me for the fact that next day you lose and the second day after the night out none of you can even think to leave the bed because the slightest movement makes you wish you'd never been born)

Clo
07-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I've never spent too much on alcohol. I usually buy my own bottle all for myself (usually some lovely Jack Daniels), and then the men buy me drinks or drunk friends buy me drinks, or some guy shows up at my door with three bottles of whiskey shouting "PARTYYYYY".

If you're social enough, you don't go get alcohol, alcohol comes to YOU. :jess:

Rocket Edge
07-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I spend that amount and more regularly. Just last weekend I was out Thursday, Friday, & Saturday night. I don't even want to know how much I went through. I really should start saving instead and move out of the house, but its the summertime!

NeoCracker
07-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Mind you, I am small and skinny, and am not a big drinker.

In about an hour and a half period, I'd finished off a bottle of Gentlemen Jack, and I'd barely eaten anything at all that day.

Rad Bromance
07-06-2010, 04:10 AM
I spent $5000 on booze for a party once.

It was worth it.

black orb
07-06-2010, 04:25 AM
>>> Just once, I bought a bottle and I got drunk..:luca:

Shorty
07-06-2010, 04:53 AM
I spent $5000 on booze for a party once.

It was worth it.

I think I was at that party. It did not end well.

Laddy
07-06-2010, 05:08 AM
I love you because you're a fucking idiot, Cuch.

Shoeberto
07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I've never spent that much on drinks at a bar, but have spent (or rather split) that much for parties before. Three 30 packs of Old Milwaukee for one party, and on New Year's a big assortment of various gourmet drinks. Surprisingly, I threw up more from the gourmet stuff than I did from any of the Old Mils.

I could see a tab growing pretty fast if I ever was really trying to get drunk at a bar, but usually if I hit one up I don't do much more than two drinks at a time. I think the most I spent at a bar was $10 on a single martini, which was my only drink of the night.