PDA

View Full Version : Samba Through Life With Me

Chris
07-05-2010, 04:45 PM
How much of a dancer are you? What kind of dancing are you best at?

Personally speaking, I was born without any kind of rhythm. It doesn't matter what kind of dancing, just dancing. I don't know, but something happens whenever someone challenges me... I just have to try. I guess it is the competitor in me. Alas, it always ends in tragedy. :D

~*~Celes~*~
07-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Dancing through life,
skimming the surface
gliding where turf is smooth~
life's more painless
for the brainless
why think so hard when it's so soothing?~

dancing through life
no need to tough it
when you can sluff it off as i do
nothing matters when knowing nothing matters
it's just life
so keep dancing through~

YouTube - Dancing Through Life - WICKED + Lyrics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNA3RTvFH6E)

On topic: I can't dance. Ever. :|

Jiro
07-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I like to do a bit of ballroom dancing, but there's nowhere for me to (re)learn or do it so I guess I just have to get married or something.

I dance those crazy dances kids are doing these days. Hopefully I'll be decent one day. It's good fun though, and surprisingly good for warming up your legs before a race. Yeah I totally dance dnb step on the warm up track :cool:

Cuchulainn
07-05-2010, 04:54 PM
dancings fer dicks.

I skank.

rubah
07-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I couldn't even line dance with two old pros dragging me around by both arms, so I'll stick to raving :D

Chris
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I couldn't even line dance with two old pros dragging me around by both arms, so I'll stick to raving :D
Same here! I wish I could, though. I don't know, my feet just won't cooperate with the rest of my body. :(

Pheesh
07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm not an amazing natural dancer, but if I'm shown something easy to moderate it doesn't take me long to learn it. I can totally moonwalk as well :cool:

Breine
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I love to dance when I'm drunk.

aquatius
07-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Dancing through life,
skimming the surface
life's more painless
for the brainless

dancing through life
no need to tough it
it's just life
so keep dancing through~

YouTube - Dancing Through Life - WICKED + Lyrics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNA3RTvFH6E)
:love:

I love dancing, but I suck at it. Although I can dance this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5G5bD2Do-k) perfectly xD.

Shorty
07-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I ballroom danced for about four years in school. I miss it a lot. Cha Cha and Tango are my favorites. n_n

PeneloRatsbane
07-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I cannot dance to save my life, i either look like a complete dork or a total prostitute lol

Rodarian
07-05-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm a pretty decent dancer.... I :roll: with the flow... ^_^

Clo
07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
dancings fer dicks.

I skank.

I can skank pretty good. When a group of people start skanking it just looks damn ridiculous. Especially if they're drunk, which they usually are.

I like to dance, but I'm not really good at it most of the time. I have no coordination.

Laddy
07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
I dance badly. :(

Hythloday
07-05-2010, 11:54 PM
dancings fer dicks.

I skank.

I can skank pretty good. When a group of people start skanking it just looks damn ridiculous. Especially if they're drunk, which they usually are.

I like to dance, but I'm not really good at it most of the time. I have no coordination.

dancings fer dicks.

I skank.

Skanking is kinda more like skipping than it is dancing. It's like some odd subsidiary of skipping except instead of a straight line it's normally in a circle with people who smell of cloves and pot.

Christmas
07-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I am not much of a dancer and I cannot even do well in DDR either. Those dance moves alway seem so complicated when you have to learn it and make you wonder how those professional dancers learn theirs! :bigsmile:

BTW, my friend told me that for girls that cannot dance well, just dress sexy or pretty and put on a cute look! This way you are a good "dancer" even if you dance like a headless chicken! :mymelbert:

Shiny
07-06-2010, 12:33 AM
I dance pretty well to pop, techno, R&B, hip hop, and the cha cha slide -- though I prefer the electric slide.

black orb
07-06-2010, 02:32 AM
>>> I just can do the wherethehellismatt dance..:luca:

Clo
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
dancings fer dicks.

I skank.

dancings fer dicks.

I skank.

Skanking is kinda more like skipping than it is dancing. It's like some odd subsidiary of skipping except instead of a straight line it's normally in a circle with people who smell of cloves and pot.

That's why I'm good at it. I'm a great skipper. :greenie:

Chris
07-06-2010, 12:24 PM
What exactly is "skanking"? Is it like hooching? :D

Haveaniceday
07-06-2010, 02:49 PM
I love dancing

Rodarian
07-06-2010, 02:53 PM
What exactly is "skanking"? Is it like hooching? :D

Brought to you by Wikipedia!

Skanking is a form of dancing practiced in the ska, ska punk, hardcore punk, reggae, grime, dub, dubstep and other music scenes.

The dance style originated in the 1950s or 1960s at Jamaican dance halls, where ska music was played.[1] British mods and skinheads of the 1960s adopted these types of dances and altered them. The dancing style was revived during the 1970s/1980s 2 Tone era, and has been adopted by some individuals in the hardcore punk subculture, and more recently in the grime and dubstep subcultures.

Originally, skanking consisted of a “running man” motion of the legs to the beat while alternating bent-elbow fist-punches, left and right.[2] Over time, however, variations have emerged across the musical world. The punk version features a sharp striking out look with the arms, and is sometimes used in moshing to knock around others doing the same.

Bunny
07-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I am a certified ballroom dance teacher and salsa instructor. I am also mediocre at ballet, somewhat decent at sattriya and bhangra, learning bakuri, and slightly capable of doing some rough breakdancing.

Edit: Oh and I used to tap dance when I was a kid.

qwertysaur
07-07-2010, 06:50 AM
I am pretty good at DDR, I can play some songs on heavy and most on standard! :bigsmile:

At my cousins wedding I decided to dance on one foot for a while. It was really fun when other people tried as well, but they were also drunk so they quickly went to the ground. :bigsmile:

All you have to do is keep moving and make it up as you go. :bigsmile:

Rodarian
07-07-2010, 07:00 AM
I am a certified ballroom dance teacher and salsa instructor. I am also mediocre at ballet, somewhat decent at sattriya and bhangra, learning bakuri, and slightly capable of doing some rough breakdancing.

Bunny say wha.....

Bunny
07-07-2010, 07:38 AM

Bunny say wha.....

Mysteries of the internet, huh.

Rodarian
07-07-2010, 07:46 AM

Bunny say wha.....

Next thing you'll tell me that you also have a doctorate in 'Tantric Enjoyment' :eep:

Shlup
07-07-2010, 07:51 AM
I don't dace. :mymelbert:

BJ and I didn't dance at our prom, or our wedding, or ever. I have been dragged onto a dance floor a couple of times and it was deplorable. Occasional slow dancing is okay, but that's really just swaying.

Rodarian
07-07-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't dance. :mymelbert:

BJ and I didn't dance at our prom, or our wedding, or ever. I have been dragged onto a dance floor a couple of times and it was deplorable. Occasional slow dancing is okay, but that's really just swaying.

'fix'd.....

Its cause your feet are backwards aren't they.. You're a Churail!!!!:eek:

Bunny
07-07-2010, 08:07 AM

Bunny say wha.....

Next thing you'll tell me that you also have a doctorate in 'Tantric Enjoyment' :eep:

Jealous?

Rodarian
07-07-2010, 08:25 AM
a little.. :colbert:

Miriel
07-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Are you for reals, Bunny!?

I'd love to learn salsa. I never really touched ballroom when I was really into dance. Ballet, contemporary, hip hop, but not ballroom. These days, I specialize in spazz dancing. The kind of dancing you do when no one is watching, just you, the music, and spazzing out.

Dancing through life,
skimming the surface
life's more painless
for the brainless

dancing through life
no need to tough it
it's just life
so keep dancing through~

On topic: I can't dance. Ever. :|

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title!

Shiny
07-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot I used to ballet and tap when I was younger. We went to Carnegie Hall a few times to do these outlandish performances with girls as young as three. I didn't really know what the heck I was doing nor did I want to be doing it.