PDA

View Full Version : How will crafting jobs start the game?

KentaRawr!
07-05-2010, 10:37 PM
In the leaked intro for FFXIV, it's shown that if you choose Limsa Limonsa as your starting city, you'll have to fight off at least one jellyfish enemy. If I choose a weaver as my starting job, I wonder how we'll fight off the jellyfish!

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that on the main site, the locations of guilds for the war and magic classes are also mentioned. The conjurer and the thaumaturge guilds are in totally different places! :p I wonder how the guild members there can assist you. Certainly not in the same way the crafting guilds helped you in FFXI!

Ouch!
07-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Blacksmiths get throw stone. You can toss pebbles at enemies for smithing skill ups. Fuck yes.

Aydin
07-06-2010, 02:15 AM
Blacksmiths get throw stone. You can toss pebbles at enemies for smithing skill ups. smurf yes.

THat is... awesome...

KentaRawr!
07-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I'd imagine that would be very useful until you stop getting skill-ups from the starter enemies. At that point, everything else that would, hypothetically, give you skill points will just kill you.

Lionx
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM
You stab them with your deadly STD ridden needle...:D

Del Murder
07-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Weave some rope then choke a bitch.

KentaRawr!
07-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Looking at the main site, maybe they would use a needle to fight, Lionx. o,o Most of the crafting jobs seem to have something they can use as a weapon, except the Alchemist.

oddler
07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Smashing a beaker over someone's head sounds very redneck.

Lionx
07-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Oh man this thread is so made of win..xD

Seriously speaking, we don't know. I assume that every crafter can at least wield a dagger of sorts. Seems easy enough.

KentaRawr!
07-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Oh man this thread is so made of win..xD

Seriously speaking, we don't know. I assume that every crafter can at least wield a dagger of sorts. Seems easy enough.

Isn't your class decided by what weapon you're using, though?

Lionx
07-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Then you gotta defeat monsters street fighter style lol

I would just assume the first monster you fight for your intro thing is so easy anyone can beat it. In the real game its not so easy after a certain point.

Mirage
07-07-2010, 04:08 AM
I'm just gonna assume that crafters defeat monsters by changing their jobs, and get level ups for their job by crafting things.

Rostum
07-07-2010, 04:34 AM
From the sounds of it, SE want crafters to mainly be a party addition in terms of combat. So they'll most likely bring cool things to party situations.

Of course, you won't need a party to actually craft... Well, it'd be cool if some items could only be crafted by a range of crafters grouping up together. e.g. Blacksmith grouping with a Weaver to create a unique piece of armor.

oddler
07-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Well, it'd be cool if some items could only be crafted by a range of crafters grouping up together. e.g. Blacksmith grouping with a Weaver to create a unique piece of armor.

Holy super crap, that would be beyond exquisite. Makes me think of Super Specialty in Star Ocean: The Second Story but on crack.

KentaRawr!
07-07-2010, 05:11 AM
That sounds like it would be very tedious. :p

Del Murder
07-07-2010, 05:52 AM
I think they tried something like that in FFXI with Synergy but I could be wrong because I never tried Synergy.

Rostum
07-07-2010, 06:41 AM
I think they tried something like that in FFXI with Synergy but I could be wrong because I never tried Synergy.

Screw synergy!

Loony BoB
07-07-2010, 11:26 AM
That would indeed be awesome, especially if even some special items required, say, a mage, two blacksmiths, a carpenter and something else. Team effort to make superweapons!

Rostum
07-08-2010, 02:29 AM
It would be very cool, I think. Something new and different.