PDA

View Full Version : Favorite & Least Favorite Voice?

Forsaken Lover
07-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Just a simple couple of questions.

For X
-Which character's voice did you like the most?

-Which voice did you hate?

For X-2
-Favorite voice?

-least favorite?

Reasons for your answers be appreciated if you have any.

blackmage_nuke
07-06-2010, 09:44 AM
X
I liked Kihmari's smooth sounding voice.

Tidus sounds whiny. I think even "I want everything" wouldve been a good line if it had been done in a more sensible voice.
But worst of all are those two girls at the begining who want Tidus's autograph. EAST BLOCK IN THE FRONT ROW pierces my ears every time.

X-2
I didnt have any strong like or hate for any voices but I really like the voice that sings the ending credits version of 1000 words in english

DarkBahamut
07-06-2010, 08:33 PM
My favorite voice is Auron's.
He is just epic all around and esp. when he gives the speech before Yunalesca.

My least favorite voice is probably Mika's. hahah
His voice is annoying and I just wanted Kimarhi to rub his nuts in his face.

Vermachtnis
07-06-2010, 08:48 PM
X
I really liked Auron's and Wakka's voices. They really fit the characters and were pretty awesome.

I didn't really care for Kimahri's voice.

X-2
I thought the three girls did a good job.

I didn't care for that skinny guy in LeBlanc's party. His voice just irked me for some reason.

Hambone
07-07-2010, 02:32 AM
X

Favorite: Lulu & Auron. I guess they sounded the most appropriate for what they had each been through? Idk

Least favorite: Shelinda. Ugh, so nasally and whiny.

X-2

Favorite: Baralai. His voice was really timid and a little cute.

Least favorite: Paine. Her voice is extremely monotonous, and she's just a bad character overall imo.

Shiny
07-08-2010, 12:35 AM
For X
-Which character's voice did you like the most?

Auron's because his voice fit him very well. It was a very masculine and bad ass voice. Although Auron definitely looked older than the listed age of 38. I also liked Lulu's soft, vixen yet motherly voice a lot.

-Which voice did you hate?

Tidus' voice was pretty annoying during the first half of the game. I know James Arnold Taylor did this intentionally to make him sound more immature, but it was just way too over the top for me.

For X-2
-Favorite voice?
Gippal's voice. :jess:

-least favorite?
Brother's voice was particularly annoying in this game.

Mo-Nercy
07-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Favourite
X: Auron and Jecht. Deep and manly. Suited the characters very well.
X-2: Paine. Seems the least forced and over-the-top out of the three girls.

Least favourite
X: I don't know why.. but Elma and Lucil annoyed the smurf out of me. Out of the main characters, I wasn't particularly fond of Seymour.
X-2: LeBlanc's posse. Just horrible

Toni
08-14-2010, 08:26 AM
I don't remember much of X-2, so I can't give an accurate description.

But!
Favorite: Auron. He's my favorite character, and he's got the coolest voice... ;3
Least: Wakka. I hate Wakka. With a bloody passion. Even though Attack Reels is the best overdrive there is.

Headsnap
09-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Tidus's voice is annoying. how does he catch Yuna's eye? beats me. Auron has cool voice acting. Matches his charactor.

Flying Arrow
09-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Favourite: Maechen - I really enjoyed listening to him go on about Spira's history and myths. He's like a pleasant history professor or something. He's also one of the only voices in the game that don't make me want to mute the volume on the TV.

Least favourite: Cid - out of place and fucking obnoxious. Who the hell cast this guy?

Chris
09-07-2010, 04:11 PM
X

Favorite: Yuna.

Extremely soft-spoken and darling. :D

Least Favorite: Rikku.

Wanted to stab her every time she opened up her mouth.

X-2

Favorite: Yuna.

See above.

Least Favorite: Rikku.

See above.

Rebellious Eagle
09-07-2010, 09:05 PM
In X, I really liked Wakka's voice because of his accent but hated Yuna's voice because it sounded awkward at times, especially when she gave one-word answers.

In X-2, there really weren't any voices that I particularly disliked. Most of them sounded pretty good to me.

razorrozar7
09-10-2010, 02:19 PM
For the most part, I liked all the main characters' voices. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be between Lulu and Wakka.

As far as least favorite, I agree with blackmage_nuke. "EAST BLOCK IN THE FRONT ROW!" GO BOTHER SOMEBODY ELSE!

pyrefly maiden
09-12-2010, 04:06 AM
X
Favorite: Auron of course. Jehct and Braska aren't that bad either.

Least Favorite: Brother. Arrr it just grates on my nerves.

X-2
Favorite: Paine. This might be also due to the fact that she reminds me of Auron sometimes, and also she gets the best lines. "An empty win" XD

Least Favorite: Brother!! To the extent I find it funny whenever Yuna "accidentally" steps on him on the airship while he's whining on the ground.

Laddy
09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
I hate Tidus more than the stars in the sky.

Clo
09-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh, god, I hate Tidus's so, so much. But I liked Auron's.

Jessweeee♪
09-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Favorite: Tidus (It's true!)
Least Favorite: Yuna. I didn't think she was bad at all, I just like everyone else more. I'm actually very happy with the voice cast. Most franchises' transition from text boxes to voice acting are so, so terrible. FFX was mediocre at worst.

Seboist
10-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Favorite: Auron

Least Favorite: Yuna, she either sounded out of breath or half asleep.

Kenshin IV
10-11-2010, 07:43 AM
The best were Auron and Jecht. Big props to Tidus, Yuna, Rikku, and Bender... er, Wakka, as well.

The worst, by far, was Seymour. Really, everything about Seymour was "the worst" in that game.

Toni
10-19-2010, 09:52 AM
The best were Auron and Jecht. Big props to Tidus, Yuna, Rikku, and Bender... er, Wakka, as well.

The worst, by far, was Seymour. Really, everything about Seymour was "the worst" in that game.

Nuh uh! His last battle music was freaking awesome!!!

Shiny
10-23-2010, 05:01 AM
X-2: LeBlanc's posse. Just horrible

Agreed for LeBlanc and Ormi, but not Logos. I loved Logos' voice actor and his lines were really amusing to me for some reason. So dramatic. "It. Cannot. BEEEEE!"

Jessweeee♪
10-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Did you know that Logos and Barthandelus are voiced by the same person?!

Roto13
10-26-2010, 04:30 AM
Everyone's voice was fine EXCEPT Tidus. He sucked in every way.

|-THE redmage-|
10-27-2010, 05:55 PM
FFX

Favorite = Rikku

Least = Tidus

FFX-2

Favorite = Paine

Least = Shuyin (possibly)

Elskidor
12-12-2010, 04:26 AM
The voice acting in this is good all around. I'm not a big Tidus fan, but his voice matches is character. I was gonna say Tidus and Seymour but that's conflicting since they are my least likes characters.

zuki
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
FFX

Favorite = Tidus, his voice was smooth but i never liked his laugh

Least = Auron, lack of expression

FFX-2

Favorite = Gipal ! Everything was awsome on Gipal included his voice

Least = Paine, cant really say but i just never liked it

Remon
01-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Faves : Kimahri, Hypellos and Rikku. As for least favorite : Mika, Maechen, Oaka, Seymour, Tromell.
The reasons are obvious.

Tai-Ti
01-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Most franchises' transition from text boxes to voice acting are so, so terrible. FFX was mediocre at worst.

This. I don't really object to any of the voices, the only thing that bothered me a little bit was with the Al Bhed, that their English sounded the same as everyone else's..... Like, you know how you have your French accents, your Australian accents, your Indian accents..... why wasn't there an Al Bhed accent? Brother sounded French when he spoke English and Cid sounded like a southerner. It just didn't seem like they were their own race of people.
I know that it sounds heaps petty, but I just think if you're going to invent a language, do it right :/

blackmage_nuke
01-26-2011, 02:23 PM
I disagree. All Al Bhed letters are pronounced the same as english letters (or japanese). Its not illogical that the transistion from al behd to english wouldnt leave a unique accent. Also since the al behd are spread out its not illogical that they would have different accents depending on how they learn english. But Cid being the only person in the world with a southern accent makes little sense, but maybe we can pretend thats a unique speech pattern that happens to sound southern rather than an accent.

Roogle
01-27-2011, 11:12 PM
This. I don't really object to any of the voices, the only thing that bothered me a little bit was with the Al Bhed, that their English sounded the same as everyone else's..... Like, you know how you have your French accents, your Australian accents, your Indian accents..... why wasn't there an Al Bhed accent? Brother sounded French when he spoke English and Cid sounded like a southerner. It just didn't seem like they were their own race of people.
I know that it sounds heaps petty, but I just think if you're going to invent a language, do it right :/

Yes, I felt like there should have been a consistent Al Bhed accent that Rikku and her family, at the very least, should have shared. My least favorite voice in the Final Fantasy X series is the voice for Brother. His name, his character, and his voice bother me greatly.

EllieButton
03-23-2011, 02:11 AM
I liked Wakka's voice. Dude ya. He made me giggle whenever he tried sounding serious. I didn't like Tidus's voice at all. He whined way too much!

magemasher
03-23-2011, 08:06 PM
FFX-My favourite was Auron. They nailed the voice actor for his role. Like mentioned earlier the sequence before Yunalesca was superb, the intensity has not been matched in any game since that moment.

I hated Brother in each possible aspect except his Blitz skills. It annoyed me the way he bounced about while talking. Cid was fairly irritating as well.
X-2- No memorable voices for me.

Most annoying was one of the Leblanc's henchman, I think it was the fat one, real irritating. Also Brother.

Heath
03-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Hypellos and Auron I'd single out for ones I liked.

I wasn't a big fan of Tidus' voice, which was a bit of a problem given how much he talks!

WhiteStorm
03-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Definitely Auron and Lulu for best voices. They both sound so smooth and sexy :jess:
And yeah, I agree, Tidus whinned way too much.

magemasher
03-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Definitely Auron and Lulu for best voices. They both sound so smooth and sexy :jess:

Tidus was a horse:eek::eek: lol sorry fella I had to.

Rocket Edge
04-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Favorite
Auron & Jecht. I thought Tidus's voice actor did a good job too.

Least Favorite
Rikku. Voice got a little annoying after a while.

WhiteStorm
04-04-2011, 11:14 PM

Tidus was a horse:eek::eek: lol sorry fella I had to.

LOL Yeah, didn't you play the game?

Tuhkasieni
04-05-2011, 06:16 PM
X: favorite auron, because it was cool, same goes for lulu
least favorite elma, i just dont like her voice... seymour is also annoying.
X-2:
favorite paine maybe, leblanc was pretty entertaining though...
least favorite still elma and barthello..

Brunettepudding
04-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I loved the voices of O'aka and Auron. Yuna's voice actor tried to hard to sound... innocent, I think. Whispered a lot and... all that. I also thought Lulu's voice was sexy. Although Wakka wasn't one of my favorites, the whole "Ya?" thing made me giggle.

Least favorites... Rikki, definitely. She started annoying me halfway through her time with us. Then, in X-2 it was almost too much to handle. Tidus was also a least favorite, but really only when he was trying really hard to sound upset or pissed off. I usually mute the TV and turn on the caption at those parts.

Jiro
04-07-2011, 06:54 AM
I disliked Yuna's voice acting, and Kimahri's a lot of the time iirc.

LunaRaven
09-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Auron, definately. As for X-2, I haven't played it.

James_Cub
11-18-2012, 08:24 AM
X

But worst of all are those two girls at the begining who want Tidus's autograph. EAST BLOCK IN THE FRONT ROW pierces my ears every time.

With you there! My favourite voice was Lulu's and I also liked Belgemine and Auron, though not to the "legendary" level everyone seems to love him to.