PDA

View Full Version : I've seen Star Wars 382 times...

Vagrant
07-06-2010, 10:48 AM
What game have you replayed the most throughout your entire gaming life with the exception of anything from the FF series?

Mine:
1. Super Mario Kart (snes)
2. Resident Evil 2 (psone)
3. Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (pc)

G13
07-06-2010, 11:17 AM
This thread title is incredibly misleading. :mad:

I didn't really get big into gaming until I played FF, so it'd probably be Mario or Zelda. I had a NES when I was but a wee lad and had Super Mario Bro. 1-3. I had the first FF too but I was too young to know what I had.

Clo
07-06-2010, 12:22 PM
And I hope the thread title isn't true.

Anyway, I've played FF7 the most, because I first played it when I was 7. Obviously I didn't get some things back then (i.e., the Honeybee Inn!) so I replayed a few years later, and then I replayed it again and again, and then last summer!

And one day, I'll replay it again.

I've replayed FF8 like four times also.

I've replayed Lunar 2 three times I think.

Chris
07-06-2010, 12:26 PM
I think I must have played through "X-Men Legends I & II" at least five times each. I've finished "Beyond Good and Evil" four times, and "Dracula Resurrection" and "The Last Sanctuary" at least seven.

I won't even go into how many times I have played through all of my Genesis games. :D

Vagrant
07-06-2010, 12:36 PM
And I hope the thread title isn't true.

It's not. I just heard the line in a tv show and it made me think of how many times I've played some of my games. I'm stil a geek, just not with Star Wars.

VeloZer0
07-06-2010, 01:50 PM
All guesses are approximate: :)

1) Mega Man X: 20
2) Chrono Trigger including New Game+: 15
3) Mega Man X2 & X3: 14
4) Castlevania Symphony of the Night: 12
5) Mega Man X4, X8: 10
6) Super Mario World & Donkey Kong Country: 6
7) Mega Man X5 & DBZ: Boudukai Tenkaichi 2: 5

Is it bad that posting this list just made me want to go back and play all these games again?

Christmas
07-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Oblivion
Harvest Moon
Legend of Mana

Inferno
07-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Chrono Trigger
Zelda 1-2-3
Marios
TMNT 2

Polnareff
07-06-2010, 03:53 PM
I played through Mega Man Legends about 40 times.

Other than that most of the games I've beaten over and over and over, like Onimusha: Warlords, tend to be really, really short. I have played through Grandia 2, Breath of Fire III, and BoFIV plenty of times though (I think I've beaten BoF3 at least 20 times. At least. I play that game more than once a year, usually).

Jessweeee♪
07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Definitely Threads of Fate. It's a tiny game and really nothing to wow about, but I love it to death and I once spent an entire thanksgiving break in high school (it was a whole week back then!) beating it over and over. I think I've beat it about fifty times between both Rue and Mint!

Second comes Trace Memory, and then probably Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

oddler
07-06-2010, 05:15 PM
In no particular order:

Fatal Labyrinth (Quick afternoon-filler)
Golvellius (Like TLoZ but better)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (I taped myself playing it, yeah)
Phantasy Star II (Fucking Earthlings)
Shining Force (I love Sega Channel)
Shining Force II (Oddler)
Star Ocean: The Second (Best) Story
Tales of Destiny 2 (Best story I've played)
Ys (Freaking music, so eerie and catchy)

James Leopold
07-06-2010, 05:17 PM
The only games that I can think of that I've replayed are Fable and KOTOR 1 and 2. Not to mention a lot of FPS' that I kept replaying. I normally play through a game once and that's enough for me.

Vermachtnis
07-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Fallout 2, I love making new characters and screwing around. So many ways to build your guy.

Digimon World, love that game.

Super Metroid, kills an afternoon.

Iceglow
07-06-2010, 07:21 PM
I've done several Halo 3 play throughs mostly to help other people with the legendary difficulty because well, for some strange reason even though I should know better I really enjoy playing the storyline.

I've repeated most of the MW2 spec ops missions multiple times. I would say however the biggest replayed game aside from an FF game is probably Front Mission 3 which I replayed 4 times originally because of different story line outcomes and other than that I've now done like 4 play throughs of Dragon Age Origins but ultimately I think it has to go to Ace Combat 4 and Ace Combat 6 I've played the stories of those games so many times I know exactly how to approach each mission by name alone.

Proxy
07-06-2010, 09:49 PM
This thread title is incredibly misleading. :mad:

Breath of Fire games. Used to play them alot.
Tenchu was huge for me for a while.
Kingdom Hearts I & II are probably 2 of my favorite all time games.

Clo
07-06-2010, 10:30 PM
It is a toss up between three games that I have been playing for ten years:

Alpha Centuari
Morrowind
Diablo II

Probably AC, since I play it almost every day, and it is not uncommon to have a weekly marathon where I play through a whole Transcendence game in one sitting. THE DRONES NEED ME.

DUUUUDE. I love Alpha Centuari! I always do Transcendence too! It just seems so demented, and I love the other rulers calling me a nutjob too for it. I've played this game SO many times!

Pete for President
07-06-2010, 11:08 PM
MGS1
Tenchu 2
Ace Combat Zero

Dreddz
07-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Devil May Cry
Sonic Adventure
Resident Evil 2
Deus Ex

Stjewy
07-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Assassins Creed I & II
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare
Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare II
Oblivion
Battlefield Bad Company II
Fallout 3

DarkBahamut
07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Brave Fencer Musashi

Bolivar
07-07-2010, 05:27 PM
(I love Sega Channel)

Oh man yeah.

As far as games I've gone through and completed the most, probably the Metal Gear games. I remember I beat them all 3 times shortly after 3 came out then ran through them a few more times before MGS4 released. I've lost track.

Now I moved back home with a ridiculously huge TV and MGS3 and 4 are staring at me vying for which one I'll play first. I opened up MGS3 and looked through the manual, man that gave me chills.

Bunny
07-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Does Pokemon count? It's basically the same exact game with a couple of minor changes and different cast. I've played all the colors and some of the shapes!

Other than that, probably Chrono Trigger.

Jings
07-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Fallout 2 and Baldur's Gate 2. Those games have occupied a LOT of my time over the years.

Pete for President
07-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Forgot to mention:

SSX Tricky
Shadow of the Colossus

Meat Puppet
07-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Tetris

Can’t think of anything else at the moment