PDA

View Full Version : Best live event

Vagrant
07-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Whether it was a sporting event, concert, theatre etc. What's the best thing you've ever paid good money to see?

Top 3:

1) Flight of the Conchords
2) Ricky Gervais
3) Death Cab For Cutie

Loony BoB
07-06-2010, 04:36 PM
1. Ed Byrne
2. Rhys Davis
3. Def Leppard

Vagrant
07-06-2010, 04:37 PM
1. Ed Byrne
2. Rhys Davis
3. Def Leppard

I've tried desperately to get into Ed Byrne's comedy but just when he makes me laugh he says something that really annoys me. I need to stop watching Mock the Week I think.

Loony BoB
07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
You can't really judge his stuff by Mock the Week, because he's a solo stand-up comedian far more than he is an improv star. As a solo stand-up comedian, he's freaking hilarious. I love his stuff.

I can't wait to see Jimmy Carr, we're hoping to see him in August.

Jessweeee♪
07-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Other than theater, I've just seen Carlos Mencia and a Tool concert where I sat on the highest row on the seat furthest to the left. My view of the stage was mostly obstructed by the wall that replaced my left armrest. Every seat was sold, so there was no moving. The music was great and all, but Tool was right there and I could only see the bassist :(

So theater!

I'd say The Producers, The Drowsy Chaperone, and Into the Woods :3

Chris
07-06-2010, 05:11 PM
A friend of mine paid a ridiculous amount of money on two Liza Minnelli tickets, and brought me along. We sat right up by the scene, and we got to meet her afterwards. That was pretty cool.

I've seen Grace Jones in concert three times, and met her twice since 2007. :D

Breine
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Grace Jones is crazy live! - and I mean that in a good way.

As for the topic, I don't know. I've seen many great concerts and other live events, so I can't really pick.

Mo-Nercy
07-06-2010, 05:32 PM
I haven't been to a lot, but Jay Chou was great. It was the first and only time the Taiwanese singer had ever been to Australia so he sang songs from all his albums, not just the latest few.

I love going to the footy. The most enjoyable one was actually one where the team I support lost, but it was very high scoring game and it really went down to the wire.

And I managed to snag a free ticket to A Night in Fantasia in 2007. It's an annual performance by the Eminence Symphony Orchestra. They perform classical renditions of video game and anime music, but 2007 was the year they decided to split the concerts. So I went to the video game one, where the music is much more recognisable to me.

The Captain
07-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Bruce Springsteen. Even into his 60's, I've never been to a concert that had more energy or joy.

Take care all.

Clo
07-06-2010, 11:42 PM
I have yet to see of Montreal live, but they're touring soon, and when I do see them, I will die of a happy little heart attack and none of you will see from me again. :D

Bunny
07-07-2010, 03:32 AM
I would pay several well-earned dollars to see a Pain of Salvation concert. Unfortunately, they do not tour within the United States due to custom regulations and other nonsense on the US government's part. They were going to do a show with Dream Theater but the plans fell through because of complications with their record company.

I do not go to many live events because I get panic and anxiety attacks when I am in the middle of a large group of people. That said, I do enjoy going to sporting events for handegg and baseball.

Shorty
07-07-2010, 05:11 AM
1) Red Hot Chili Peppers
2) She Wants Revenge
3) Jenny Lewis // Yeah Yeah Yeahs tie for third. (I cheat.)

Kirobaito
07-07-2010, 06:10 AM
NCAA Basketball Regional Final. My team won the first game against St. Mary's by a lot, then lost the second one to Duke very closely. Disappointing, because of how close we came, but still an incredible experience.

BarelySeeAtAll
07-08-2010, 05:09 PM
As far as I recall, I've never really been to a live event. Hoping to go see Midgar (BAND) in Exeter very very soon, it'll be TOTALLY awesome :D

Pheesh
07-08-2010, 05:25 PM
1. A Perfect Circle
2. Rage Against The Machine
3. The Prodigy/Explosions in the Sky (different experiences, hard to decide).

I would add tool, but the crowd kind if ruined it for me, even though the band were truly amazing. It's more that the concerts I've put up there were just perfect in every way.

Clo
07-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I have yet to see of Montreal live, but they're touring soon, and when I do see them, I will die of a happy little heart attack and none of you will see from me again. :D

I just found out that Of Montreal will be performing in my city! I finally get to see them after years of them being one of my favorites! THIS will be the best live event!

And if it's not, the disappointment will depress the hell out of me and I'd need therapy.

Pete for President
07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
AAARRR TOO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM :choc:

But if I really really have to;

- Arcade Fire in Amsterdam (NL)
- Riverboat Gamblers in Haarlem (NL)
- Justice at Rock Werchter '08 (BE)

Proxy
07-13-2010, 10:57 PM
i haven't been to many live "events" per se. I've been to concerts. So in order of my favorites.

1)Nine Inch Nails - Lights in the Sky Tour (feat. Deer Hunter)
2)August Burns Red (feat. Greeley Estates, SkyEatsAirplane)
3)Protest The Hero (feat. Lights, Chiodos, From First to Last)

Though if I ever get the chance to see a certain band, my life will be complete.
Coheed & Cambria. If I ever get so see them live I will die a happy man.

Vagrant
07-14-2010, 10:00 AM
i haven't been to many live "events" per se. I've been to concerts. So in order of my favorites.

Though if I ever get the chance to see a certain band, my life will be complete.

From First to Last are awesome!

Oh and I've already seen Coheed :p

Proxy
07-15-2010, 12:59 PM

From First to Last are awesome!

Oh and I've already seen Coheed :p

omg omg omg...i'm so jealous...if i can figure out how to usernote you i'm going to.
wanna be my best friend? :)

Rocket Edge
07-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Bruce Springsteen. Even into his 60's, I've never been to a concert that had more energy or joy.

Take care all.
I'll go with that too, the guy is in a league of his own.

Honorable mentions: Ferry Corsten, The Prodigy, Eminem.