PDA

View Full Version : Phrases You Hate

Shorty
07-07-2010, 05:31 AM
My coworkers have an awful habit of asking me, "Havin' fun yet?" with a toothy grin. I always want to smack the person who says this to me. What am I supposed to be having fun with!

Also, "It's just one of those days." What kind of days are you referring to? Please, explain.

So if you are a person who says either of these things, stop it.

What phrases grind your gears when you hear them?

~*~Celes~*~
07-07-2010, 05:36 AM
"Everyone else does it" So?

Momiji
07-07-2010, 05:39 AM
'Same difference'.

...what? Seriously, what?

Brennan
07-07-2010, 05:44 AM
My cousin got his account stolen from a MMO in three different occasions, because a guy promised to give him 2 million *insert unit on money*, if he'd give him his username and password.
All three times, he said "The guy pinky promised me!"
And he's 13...

And when someone says that they're right because they were told so from their parent, the internet, ect. ect.

NorthernChaosGod
07-07-2010, 06:03 AM
"grinds my gears"
"same difference"
"I could care less"

I feel like I just did this...

o_O
07-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Five months of hearing "OOOOSSSSSSSSS!" and "Take money." every time a friend wins at Playstation has caused me to kick children when I hear it now. :(

Christmas
07-07-2010, 06:36 AM
"Hey babyface, is the nursery close today?"
"You should dye your hair pink and plant yourself in the garden! Cherry blossom is cool!"

Vyk
07-07-2010, 06:39 AM
"just sayin"

I don't even hear it that frequently. But it irritates the hell out of me for some unknown reason

Really?! You were just saying it? I hadn't realized you were just saying it, while you WERE JUST SMURFING SAYING IT

Rodarian
07-07-2010, 07:06 AM
"The usual activity..."

And I say this a lot!!.... Honestly I get irritated when I say this but sometimes I just don't have the breath to talk about anything interesting...

Miriel
07-07-2010, 07:25 AM
"No offense but..."

I'll no offense your face!

Also, it's not a phrase, but it annoys me so much when someone who doesn't like me, or is speaking to me condescendingly calls me "sweetie" or "honey".

Bunny
07-07-2010, 07:39 AM
"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

Chris
07-07-2010, 12:19 PM
"I'm a man's man".

Meaning you're GAY! And too much of a man to love a woman right. :greenie:

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."

O rly :cool:

"Love means never having to say you're sorry."

C'mon. Seriously. :roll2

Meat Puppet
07-07-2010, 12:25 PM
I can has, etc.

Loony BoB
07-07-2010, 12:27 PM
When people say "Just kidding" incorrectly. No, you weren't kidding, Sarah, you were just WRONG!

*runs*

EDIT: Also: "You know what I mean?" - this is a very overused thing in the UK and I reply with a very serious-sounding "I know what you mean." whenever I hear it these days.

fire_of_avalon
07-07-2010, 12:45 PM
"Ohh, here comes trouble." when I walk by. I am not trouble! :mad2:

missaira
07-07-2010, 01:46 PM
"No offense but..."

I'll no offense your face!

this. also, when people start out by saying, "not meaning to be rude," or, "not meaning to be racist," and then follow by saying something extremely rude/racist. evidently you were meaning to be, dude.

i am also not a fan of "chillaxing".

AND am sick to death of people using the word "keen".

oh, and also people who put signs on their car that just say "interested [insert phone number here]". yeah, i'm interested. in what though? geez, just put "for sale" and have all the potential miscommunication nipped in the bud.

Polnareff
07-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Wow, a lot of you guys would want to lynch me then. I say about 80% of the phrases that you guys posted. >_>

I mostly just hate phrases that are used to talk down to people. I can't think of any right now (I've been up for only 5 minutes so my brain's kinda fried) but when I think of them I'll put them here.

Cuchulainn
07-07-2010, 02:34 PM
"don't touch me there"

Mirage
07-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Any phrase with double negatives where they didn't actually mean a positive.

Such as "i aint got no car" when they in fact mean that they haven't got a car.

And of course "i could care less" when people actually mean to say that they couldn't care less, and variations of that phrase.

Shoeberto
07-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Doubtful!

rubah
07-07-2010, 02:43 PM
stu, you just reminded me xD

"Let's touch base"

Jiro
07-07-2010, 02:49 PM
I just hate the way youth talk these days. I'm getting old, the internet has accelerated my bitter old man gene.

Pheesh
07-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I hate girls who call other girls "Mole". I mean, it's not a phrase, but it drives me insane.

Jiro
07-07-2010, 03:32 PM

OH MY MOTHERFUCKING EXPLETIVES THIS. It is purely synonymous with being a trashy drunken whore now. Oh lordy.

Rebellious Eagle
07-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I hate it when girls my age tend to use the word "like" before everything and...ugh. Just the way teenagers abuse certain phrases annoys me so much. D:

Shoeberto
07-07-2010, 04:11 PM

"Let's touch base"
I use office bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:tery phrases constantly here at work and sometimes it makes me want to off myself.

Rad Bromance
07-07-2010, 04:12 PM
"I could care less"
"I could care less"
"I could care less"
"I could care less"
"I could care less"
"I could care less"
"I could care less"
"I could care less"
"I could care less"

Loony BoB
07-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I use office bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:tery phrases constantly here at work and sometimes it makes me want to move in a different direction.

~*~Celes~*~
07-07-2010, 04:18 PM
"Are you for real?!"

I was friends with a girl that used to say that to me a lot in year 8. I always replied with a "YES I'm for real. Pinch me, I exist." >:[

Agent Proto
07-07-2010, 04:25 PM

:lol:

Nothing really bothers me nowadays, I suppose. But wait, there's more! For most part I can think of several examples I can use within this post, I think. Just need to think outside of the box because this is not rocket science or whatever.

Ultimately, one of my most hated phrases ever is "Give me a second." Most certainly I will not give you a second, that's too short for you to do whatever the hell you have to do! :mad2: Just my two cents.

Word, I'm out.

Jiro
07-07-2010, 04:27 PM
That's why I practise rocket surgery!

Fujiko
07-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Five months of hearing "OOOOSSSSSSSSS!" and "Take money." every time a friend wins at Playstation has caused me to kick children when I hear it now. :(

Rofl. xD

Cuchulainn
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM
another annoying one is;

"take what you want just don't hurt the kids"

Pisses me right off.

DarkBahamut
07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
"All is fair in love and war."

"So it's chill if my girlfriend cuts my nuts off while we're having sex? Okay cool, just wondering."
(Quote from SH)

Shorty
07-07-2010, 05:36 PM
When people say "Just kidding" incorrectly. No, you weren't kidding, Sarah, you were just WRONG!

You love my just kiddings. >:O

Jings
07-07-2010, 06:09 PM
This isn't really a phrase but I hate it when I'm reading through the comments section of a newspaper/website and some inspired individual has said 'Let's put the Great back into Great Britain'.

Hate it.

Bunny
07-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I forgot to mention "That's legit" as a phrase that sends me into a homicidal rage.

qwertysaur
07-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I forgot to mention "That's legit" as a phrase that sends me into a homicidal rage.
This. I want to stab that phrase.

Raistlin
07-07-2010, 11:07 PM
"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

"I could care less"

http://forums.applenova.com/images/ammo/i-could-care-less.jpg

Bolivar
07-07-2010, 11:12 PM
This. I want to stab that phrase.

OH MAN i'm getting so sick of it too. My friend went to California 2 years back in the service and started saying it, sounded fake then and all the scenesters saying it now sound fake as well!!!

I'm still too legit to quit, though :cool: (<-stunna shades)

Iceglow
07-08-2010, 12:33 AM
"Yeah blud!"

That there phrase pisses me off no end. The person undoubtedbly saying it is not a relation to me by blood nor are they a person who I am particulary close with in any way. Unless I am of blood relation to you, do not call me Blud (blood) because I will simply ignore you. Hell even if you are related to me by blood, don't ever consider using this phrase to me unless you wish to be slapped hard as a mother fucker.

Theres other phrases that annoy me in chav talk but frankly I can slip in to a "real" north london accent and speak just like it so I won't go more in to it. The only major difference between me and others who tend to use this type of language is that for me I have to actively think and choose to do so. I was on a train from my local tube station where I grew up down the road from and a lady on the train who ended up in convo with me and my friend on our way out actually didn't believe I was really from North London because I was "too well spoken and my accent was different"

rubah
07-08-2010, 02:01 AM

"Let's touch base"
I use office bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:tery phrases constantly here at work and sometimes it makes me want to off myself.

mainly I think it was your mom that really annoyed me by saying it so much xD

'you're a banker! why are you spouting team-spirit office BS! AAAARGH'

(stu's mom is actually a very nice woman and makes delicious foods)

Madame Adequate
07-08-2010, 03:19 AM
"Egg on my/your face"

Jiro
07-08-2010, 04:10 AM
another annoying one is;

"take what you want just don't hurt the kids"

Pisses me right off.

Just so you know, I'm appreciating the hell out of your posts xD

Freya
07-08-2010, 04:23 AM
"It's true, I was there."
No you fucking weren't stop saying you were. :mad:

missaira
07-08-2010, 08:40 AM

OH MY MOTHERsmurfING EXPLETIVES THIS. It is purely synonymous with being a trashy drunken whore now. Oh lordy.

hmm, reference to anyone in particular?

Hambone
07-08-2010, 11:34 AM
"It's true, I was there."
No you smurfing weren't stop saying you were. :mad:

I say this, but for the sole reason of dickery.

Friend: I can't believe that happened to you!
Me: I know, I was there.

I also hate:

"guesstimate"

"that's legit"

"just sayin'"
"Not gonna lie..."

and the ever popular

"I could care less."

blackmage_nuke
07-08-2010, 12:31 PM
"I could care less" and anything with a double negative is pretty bad but I cant see why everyone is so annoyed by anything else in this thread.

Christmas
07-08-2010, 12:55 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:FIbFUS6kzWYzFM::&t=1&usg=__u4SyOJeyvyoxt0VJReV1lLIluGw=

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/crazymuffin0404/squall_whatever.jpg

Awrini
07-08-2010, 01:48 PM
To contradict you all, my favorite line for the time being.

"It is what it is."

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-08-2010, 02:12 PM
'My bad'

Or, as I have been hearing it more recently

'My B'

Seriously. We all saw you fuck up. You don't have anything to fess up to.

Dreddz
07-08-2010, 02:43 PM
"Get a life"

Shorty
07-08-2010, 06:04 PM
I also hate:

"Not gonna lie..."

I say this. :(

aquatius
07-08-2010, 07:01 PM
I hate "I have no clue". Just say "I have no idea" or "I don't have a clue"!

DarkBahamut
07-08-2010, 07:35 PM
..."Are we there yet?"

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2010, 08:20 PM
I always saw "I could care less" as a way to say you've got a tiny bit of interest in something but you aren't really committed to a solid opinion on it. Example: "What do you think of chopping down the rainforest?" "Eh, I suppose I could care less." Of course there are times when it's said with a tone that clearly means "I couldn't care less."

Honestly, most of the phrases that stick out at me I say myself, so I keep my mouth shut on this sort of thing.

Hambone
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM
I also hate:

"Not gonna lie..."

I say this. :(

Dios mio. Why??? :(