PDA

View Full Version : No Materia Challenge

Stjewy
07-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi,
I have recently started a No Materia game on FFVII and I just arrived at the town were the snowboarding mini game occurs.

I was just wondering if anyone else here ever did or is doing a No Materia or any other challenge (because there are A LOT) for this game?

Mirage
07-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I haven't, because using the same attacks over and over again sounds boring.
If anything, I'd go for an "initial materia" challenge.

Christmas
07-07-2010, 03:03 PM
You can try throwing some stuffs from your inventory! :bigsmile:

Mo-Nercy
07-07-2010, 03:11 PM
I've always thought it'd be easier than it must seem. The sidequest where Yuffie takes all your materia isn't that tough. I can imagine stretching that out to the length of the game. I hardly ever use any of the magic I have equipped anyway. The only real adjustment I'd be making is using items instead of Cure.

I once gave Initial Equipment a try, but I got bored/annoyed very quickly (like.. before Junon). I don't think challenges are my thing.

Stjewy
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I've always thought it'd be easier than it must seem. The sidequest where Yuffie takes all your materia isn't that tough. I can imagine stretching that out to the length of the game. I hardly ever use any of the magic I have equipped anyway. The only real adjustment I'd be making is using items instead of Cure.

Well I kinda agree, but not completely since I havn't finished the Challenge yet.
So far I haven't gotten any problems with ANY boss or random encounter.
The only boss that came close to killing my party so far was Demon Wall and that's about it.
I rly hope it will get tougher later on, because so far it's been rather easy =/
But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it ^^