PDA

View Full Version : "Rite of Passage"

Goldenboko
07-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Redeem a voucher to receive your fully personalized right of passage certificate

Anyone have any idea what this is? The only thing floating around even the big FFXIV sites appears to be pure speculation. From, "A stupid piece of paper with a serial number on it", to "How you redeem your early playing time" (although I seriously doubt that one, otherwise they wouldn't have had to put it in a different bullet than "Early release").

Personally I fear it may be what allows you to choose your server.

Speculate.

Loony BoB
07-07-2010, 04:14 PM
It says that if you redeem a voucher then ou get a personalised certificate. As soon as it says "personalised certificate" I see it as "printable personalised character card."

I'm sure they had something similar in FFXI before.

Roogle
07-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I do not recall anything like that in Final Fantasy XI, but they did have promotional items that tied in with real life merchandise, like a pendant based off of Levithan.

Loony BoB
07-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Oh, maybe it was Ragnarok Online back when I played that.

Del Murder
07-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Everyone who starts FFXI gets an 'adventurer coupon' or something like that which you are supposed to sell for like 100 gil. I hope that's not what it means.

Rostum
07-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Everyone who starts FFXI gets an 'adventurer coupon' or something like that which you are supposed to sell for like 100 gil. I hope that's not what it means.

I think it's not even that. It's like 50 gil.

Also this is the most vague thing SE has done to date.

/angry