PDA

View Full Version : Men Cooking/Baking

DarkBahamut
07-08-2010, 02:00 AM
My b-day is on the 18th of this month and it will also be my girlfriend and my 1 year anniversary.

So I'm baking a practice cake so when I make the real cake on the day, I'll know if it tastes good. I think it's kinda wierd.

So here's the topic: Is it cute or Unusual for men to bake or cook?

NorthernChaosGod
07-08-2010, 02:06 AM
I can cook fairly well and I think I can bake decently.

So no.

Tavrobel
07-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Those of us who don't have the luxury of wasting our time on women frequently have to fend for ourselves when it comes to food. That includes cooking.

Of course, I being who I am, will only ever grill and re-heat food.

Aurey
07-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Cute! Also a godsend. Not unusual, although where I live I am surrounded by dudes completely incapable of making anything, yet they constantly insist they can. Men who can cook and bake, or at least make an attempt to, are immediately more attractive and awesome to me.

Christmas
07-08-2010, 02:19 AM
I had a lot of respect to man that can cook! It will be nice to have a hubby that can cook ya know rather than a pig that just eat! :bigsmile:

I know eternal essence can cook pretty well! :bigsmile:

DarkBahamut
07-08-2010, 02:28 AM
I can BBQ, make lotsa desserts, Shrimp, Lobster, lots of fishy stuff :)

NorthernChaosGod
07-08-2010, 02:47 AM
I wasn't counting grilling, that's just normal man knowledge.

Bunny
07-08-2010, 02:50 AM
A true man does not cook, clean, or discuss his "feelings", as these are all signs of the abundant weakness that has seeped into the very core of the general male population.

Miriel
07-08-2010, 02:54 AM
The most renowned chefs in the world are men.

But at home, it seems like women do more cooking than men do. I dunno why this is. I think anyone cooking is an awesome thing. Everyone should cook more, and people should cook together and eat together.

Bunny
07-08-2010, 03:52 AM

They are traitors to the name.

Christmas
07-08-2010, 03:58 AM
A true man does not cook, clean, or discuss his "feelings", as these are all signs of the abundant weakness that has seeped into the very core of the general male population.

I can picture you eating raw meats, reek of a stench and talk like a robot! :bigsmile:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:VKIi56MSseFltM::&t=1&usg=__trJRaj-4UdYC9_a_d1A9QXy43T0=

Shorty
07-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Bunny is my favorite for being honest about his deep-rooted sexism.

I think it's admirable for a man to cook. Definitely appealing.

DarkBahamut
07-08-2010, 04:31 AM
But wouldn't it be awkward if I present to someone a cake, and when they're like 'who made it" and I'm like "me."

Shlup
07-08-2010, 04:38 AM
You forgot an option: hot. If I walked in on my husband baking a cake I would jump him. Immediately.

I couldn’t be sure if it was the thought of me cooking or seeing me covered in chocolate, but… she was clearly turned on by it. Her head tilted infinitesimally, eyes focusing on my lips as she worriedly tugged at her ponytail. She mouthed something that I swear looked like, “filthy,” before she met my gaze again, dropping her hair.

Miriel
07-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Wtf kind of book is that? xD

Shiny
07-08-2010, 04:54 AM
I love men that can cook, but I haven't seen a man bake -- not even on those cooking shows. It would be pretty cute if a guy baked some chocolate chip cookies with me and then we made other uses for the chocolate.

Oh wait I lied. My dad has baked some cakes before -- not from scratch like how I do it though.

Shlup
07-08-2010, 05:26 AM

The good kind, obviously.

Bunny
07-08-2010, 05:32 AM
Your opinion of good is moot, Miss I-Enjoyed-Eclipse.

Shlup
07-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Don't be all crabby just 'cause you don't know how to appreciate a good dose of ol' fashioned unf when you see it.

Raistlin
07-08-2010, 05:41 AM

The good kind, obviously.

By your definition of "good" (which means the opposite of good), I can only conclude it's a cheesy romance novel.

Shlup
07-08-2010, 05:46 AM
But a good one.

Raistlin
07-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Yeah ok.

Bunny
07-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Don't be all crabby just 'cause you don't know how to appreciate a good dose of ol' fashioned unf when you see it.

I can appreciate unf. I cannot appreciate garbage.

Miriel
07-08-2010, 06:32 AM
I love men that can cook, but I haven't seen a man bake -- not even on those cooking shows. It would be pretty cute if a guy baked some chocolate chip cookies with me and then we made other uses for the chocolate.

Oh wait I lied. My dad has baked some cakes before -- not from scratch like how I do it though.

Cake Boss and Charm City Cake both feature men who bake!

Rodarian
07-08-2010, 07:12 AM
I think its alright for men to bake...

Besides I've baked hash brownies before...:love:

qwertysaur
07-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Cooking and baking is a lot of fun. Also it helps relieve stress sometimes. :bigsmile:

DarkBahamut
07-08-2010, 07:27 AM
You forgot an option: hot. If I walked in on my husband baking a cake I would jump him. Immediately.

I couldn’t be sure if it was the thought of me cooking or seeing me covered in chocolate, but… she was clearly turned on by it. Her head tilted infinitesimally, eyes focusing on my lips as she worriedly tugged at her ponytail. She mouthed something that I swear looked like, “filthy,” before she met my gaze again, dropping her hair.
Lol, but I bake cakes all the time? That and brownies. TOO EASY.

Pheesh
07-08-2010, 07:27 AM
I know eternal essence can cook pretty well! :bigsmile:

Aw shucks. Yeah, I can cook ok I guess. Plus, if you can at the very least make a girl breakfast in bed then you have no excuse for not getting morning sex at least once.

Besides I've baked hash brownies before...

Me too :D

NorthernChaosGod
07-08-2010, 07:42 AM

I bake.

~*~Celes~*~
07-08-2010, 08:26 AM
I think it's admirable for a man to cook. Definitely appealing.

Yes :D It earns extra brownie points. However, if a guy can't cook, it doesn't bother me.

Rantz
07-08-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm not a super great cook, but I do my best in the kitchen and sometimes it accidentally turns out delicious! I like cooking, but I don't like cooking for one. And I don't like seeing the dishes pile up ;-; Also baking is fun. I need to bake more.

Shlup
07-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Someone send BJ a letter in the mail telling him that he should really, really bake a cake for our anniversary.

And then he should become charmingly befuddled and I should come home to him with batter smudged on his nose.

Laddy
07-08-2010, 09:32 AM
I imagine black men giving me Baked Alaska in my dreams~ <3

Breine
07-08-2010, 10:16 PM
It's perfectly normal for a guy to cook/bake!

I don't know if I'm particularly good, but I enjoy doing both. Homemade food is tha shizzzz.

Fujiko
07-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Men who can cook and bake, or at least make an attempt to, are immediately more attractive and awesome to me.

That.

I love men that can cook, but I haven't seen a man bake -- not even on those cooking shows.

Come over to Sweden. ;)

escobert
07-08-2010, 10:35 PM
I love cooking and it is actually my prefferd job! and I'm cooking tacos for my mom tonight :D

fire_of_avalon
07-08-2010, 10:41 PM
It's just expected for men to cook and bake. I've never known a man who can't/didn't.

Peegee
07-08-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm not saying my mother can't cook but whenever I talk about dinner and people ask me if mom cooks it I give them a funny look. My dad is an amazing chef and if I knew even 1/20th of the recipes he knows I would be able to entertain a woman for the entire year.

How sad is that.

I myself know how to cook a bunch of different meals but because of laziness and practicality I resort to staples. That said, I refer you to 'wat can you cook lol (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/133175-you-good-cook.html#post2880667)' thread.

escobert
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
I know quite a few who can't and don't

Shiny
07-09-2010, 02:36 AM
I don't think anyone grown can't cook. If you don't know how to do measurements by sight or the correct ingredients to stuff by memory or taste, anyone can a grab cook book and some measuring cups to prepare a delicious meal.

Christmas
07-09-2010, 02:44 AM
I don't think anyone grown can't cook. If you don't know how to do measurements by sight or the correct ingredients to stuff by memory or taste, anyone can a grab cook book and some measuring cups to prepare a delicious meal.

That's what the chefs told me and what I really feel! I never cook base on exact measurements from the book or anything instead mainly base on "instincts" since I might be cooking for different number of people everytime!! :bigsmile:

Most of the food turned out nice with my "instincts" but tasting it before serving is the most important part for me! :bigsmile:

But sometime I might just gobble up most of my cooked food away before serving cause I am a gluttonous Qu. :quina:

Vyk
07-09-2010, 02:50 AM
God damn it. I tried to convince my ex that baking/cooking together would be cute and fun and might help our relationship but she was completely uninterested and shrugged it off. I'd cooked for her before and she loved eating it but was totally unimpressed with the idea. All she did was sleep though so her priorities on the subject, and life itself, are probably inconsequential. But gah. I can cook. I can bake. I enjoy doing so from time to time. If I had a woman who enjoyed me doing it. It might not be so infrequent :D

KentaRawr!
07-09-2010, 03:04 AM
I'm decent at cooking, but I'd never cook for anyone but myself. :p Unless I'm making something like spaghetti.

Peegee
07-09-2010, 04:07 AM
@Shinies:

Most people end up growing up not knowing how to cook because they can just buy processed foods and eat out every day. In fact knowing how to cook is a pretty rare trait for young adults.

Similarly [I'd rather this not be its own boring thread] I've noticed a lot of young men do not know how to make a tie knot. Scary.

Bolivar
07-09-2010, 05:35 AM
In the relationship I just got out of, I did all the cooking nearly all of the time. I actually got to experiment with some stuff and put together some nice Japanese dishes actually. I have to admit I enjoyed it. It's a total plus for a guy I think because it definitely makes your girl happy, and maybe a few other things if you're lucky.

Now I don't know if I would start baking, but I think you just need to man up, be secure, and bake a damn good cake!

ChickenHeart
07-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I'd like a man who could cook for me when i'm older :D but i really love baking, the smells are to die for.

KentaRawr!
07-09-2010, 02:25 PM
I take back my previous post, actually. I'm rather good at making omelets. So, I guess if you want an omelet, I'll make that for you. :p

DarkBahamut
07-09-2010, 05:57 PM
My friends always make fun of me when I'm making something in the kitchen :|

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Cook something yummy and tell your friends they can't eat it. My boyfriend is an amazing cook and he's teaching me how to cook myself! I always sort of avoided the kitchen, and my grandma would be like "girl what are you gonna do when you get married?" and I'd say "I'll just marry a chef :colbert:"

Fujiko
07-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I always sort of avoided the kitchen, and my grandma would be like "girl what are you gonna do when you get married?" and I'd say "I'll just marry a chef :colbert:"

Lol, my mother tells me I used to say exactly that when I was a little girl. xDD I was such a tomboy when I was a little girl, I'd prefer to play with my brother outside rather than learn how to cook or bake. But that changed a few years later. I love cooking and baking, it's fun! And there's nothing like homemade foods!

KentaRawr!
07-09-2010, 06:47 PM
I always sort of avoided the kitchen, and my grandma would be like "girl what are you gonna do when you get married?" and I'd say "I'll just marry a chef :colbert:"

Lol, my mother tells me I used to say exactly that when I was a little girl. xDD I was such a tomboy when I was a little girl, I'd prefer to play with my brother outside rather than learn how to cook or bake. But that changed a few years later. I love cooking and baking, it's fun! And there's nothing like homemade foods!

Teach me how to cook, please. Omelets and spaghetti do not a good repertoire make. :(

Levian
07-09-2010, 07:23 PM
I intend to bake a taco pie in the not so distant future. I've never made a pie before so I might go on a pie extravaganza and make a blueberry and strawberry pie as well. Maybe apple pie too. and salmon pie. PIE.

Miriel
07-09-2010, 07:35 PM
I intend to bake a taco pie in the not so distant future.

What? D:

Levian
07-09-2010, 07:42 PM
No taco pie for you!

Fujiko
07-09-2010, 07:43 PM
When you make it, you mail half of it to Sweden.

Teach me how to cook, please. Omelets and spaghetti do not a good repertoire make. :(

Aw. :squeeze: It's easy! Just get a cook book and don't be afraid to experiment with flavours! I would teach you if I lived close by. <3

Peegee
07-09-2010, 11:48 PM
No taco pie for you!

<3 taco pie. Can I has?

leftay
07-09-2010, 11:55 PM

Ya! look at those guys on Cake Boss! :cake:

Iceglow
07-10-2010, 12:24 AM
I can cook really well and I used to bake as well (these days I don't have someone to bake for so don't bother) Though I don't actually enjoy the process of cooking/baking. I if given a choice would never cook however my inability to live of sandwiches and salad means I do cook quite frequently.

Vyk
07-10-2010, 12:34 AM
I love cooking: my girlfriend and I make all our meals together. Brings you closer, and gives you both an event in something mundane. And it makes you more attractive if you can cook. And it makes living so much cheaper as well as better when you can cook your own meals.

There is no reason to not know this skill.

This is what I was aiming for. You have an awesome girlfriend. And she's lucky to have you

:}

DarkBahamut
07-10-2010, 01:45 AM
Cook something yummy and tell your friends they can't eat it. My boyfriend is an amazing cook and he's teaching me how to cook myself! I always sort of avoided the kitchen, and my grandma would be like "girl what are you gonna do when you get married?" and I'd say "I'll just marry a chef :colbert:"
Thanks for the good idea :) It's like half Blackmail half payback. The ginger from Ratatioulle is available ;)

Yliette
07-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Interesting thread!!

Well I may be biased when I say this but a man who cooks is not only cute but also SEXY. My boyfriend is a graduate of Hotel and Restaurant Management and has worked as a cook in a hotel. And I freely admit he's the MUCH better cook between the two of us.

He's automatically the designated chef whenever we have gatherings. Boyfriends who cook are definitely a keeper!

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-14-2010, 09:35 AM
I can cook, but too lazy to cook for myself most of the time.

I love baking though~

missaira
07-14-2010, 11:36 AM
i can't cook and therefore any guy who cooks for me has my heart.

Iceglow
07-14-2010, 10:35 PM
i can't cook and therefore any guy who cooks for me has my heart.

How about I go one better and just offer to not only cook for you but teach you how to cook the same meal? lol

Peegee
07-14-2010, 10:43 PM
I refuse to do certain cooking things, like baking. I'll use the oven for the broiler and I'll put things in the oven for cooking, but I'll never make pastries or cakes or cookies.

It ties in with this study [here (http://www.healthzone.ca/health/living/food/article/835028--concerned-with-looking-tough-men-opt-for-macho-grub)] that says men will eat 'manly' things even if they normally will pick healthier alternatives.

For example if you asked me my favorite food I'll remember last night and say 'pork ribs'. But in fact I'd much prefer japanese food any other day. Nonsense like that fills our mind.