PDA

View Full Version : Persona 3 Portable!!!

Aydin
07-09-2010, 12:26 PM
It's only been a few days since the game came out and I want to hear your first impression of the game! Especially the female protagonist's version! I'll start...

It's awesome because you get the epicness of the original story with a touch of femininity! It's like the perfect game for a gay nerd such as myself!!!!!!!!!!

Laddy
07-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Want.

qwertysaur
07-09-2010, 06:41 PM
I've been playing it a lot and it is FANTASTIC :D Just beat up the Hierophant and Lovers Shadow arcana. Lovers is so much easier now that I can control my party members, so having the MC become charmed doesn't completely screw over the entire party.

I was a little thrown off with some of the social link changes though. Like Akihiko being the Star social link.

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2010, 06:43 PM
ARGH I NEED MONEY

Vermachtnis
07-09-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm too poor to get the game, so I started up my file of The Answer instead. Figured it's about time I get around to actually beating it xD

Zeromus_X
07-09-2010, 08:20 PM
"Hey there's a new harder difficulty option, why don't we try it out-

6X COMPENDIUM PRICES

=("

The addition of manual control and guarding really adds a lot to this game; I'm having so much fun even though I've already played it a bunch of times (well, the female MC and the changes on her path help a bit too). I love MShe's battle theme.

I was skeptical at first, but I do like the new point-and-click "visual novel" interface. I could skip through the first week of the game in under ten minutes, whereas in older P3s you'd have to sit through all the model animations and walking around to get where you want just to get through the beginning. I do miss the anime cutscenes though, Orpheus's awakening just isn't as epic without it.

Wolf Kanno
07-11-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm broke so it may be awhile before I can play it. Sad to hear the anime cutscenes are all removed but oh well...

Jessweeee♪
07-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Yeah, that's kinda lame but I think the portability more than makes up for it! Plus there weren't very many to begin with. The first one and the one just before Nyx are the ones I'm gonna miss the most.

Wolf Kanno
07-11-2010, 09:43 AM
What about the whole ending sequence? It will be interesting to see how they do that.

Levian
07-11-2010, 10:16 AM
I kinda want to try a Persona game. Which one should I start with? do I have to start with the first or is there a better one that's independent from it?

Wolf Kanno
07-11-2010, 10:21 AM
The games are very loosely connected so it really doesn't matter which entry you start in. The first game is pretty old school and sticks more to the traditional MegaTen roots. It has a bit of a love/hate relationship among people who play it. I love P2 but since the first half of the game is still in Japan and getting a legitimate copy of the second half can be a bit pricey for a PS1 game it would be better to emulate. You can't go wrong with P3:FES or P4, though these entries are radically different from the rest of the series and from a lot of RPGs in general. Course, they are far more Newbie friendly than the earlier titles and they have great stories and cast of characters so its not hard to get into them. :D

NeoCracker
07-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Also, due to the PSP version apparently not coming with The Answer, I highly suggest the PS2 FES edition over all others.

And I very much dislike the female design in the PSP version, and since one of the things I love about P3 was it's art direction, that bothers me greatly. :P

Mirage
07-12-2010, 12:02 AM
You don't need to be gay to want to play a female character. :(

NeoCracker
07-12-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm playing a female in DQ IX, and I did in White Knight as well. :p

Mirage
07-12-2010, 12:14 AM
yeah but in WKC it's like, entirely irrelevant, it seems. The little I played, it was basically just like being a guy with tits.

NeoCracker
07-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Actually it's more like being a vastly unimportant entity who is somehow stronger then all those who are actually relevant to the plot, with tits. :p

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2010, 08:14 PM
I kinda want to try a Persona game. Which one should I start with? do I have to start with the first or is there a better one that's independent from it?

If you should decide to start with Persona 3, be sure to buy the FES version or the new portable one! The difference is, FES has a little bonus chapter in it, kind of like what that Last Mission thing is to FFX-2, and P3P has nice little bonuses like a female main character and the ability to directly control your other party members rather than just letting the AI take care of it.

(As for Persona 4, I think you'd like it. Just jump right into it. Don't read a single sentence on the box or anything about the story at all! The first three hours are a lot more fun that way xD)

Dreddz
07-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Its nice and all that they ported the game to the PSP but they seemed to have sacrificed so much with this version plus it lacks the FES content. I know it has its own little bonuses but I still can't muster why anyone would rather play this than FES. When I get back to P3 I sure as hell know which version I'm playing.

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Its nice and all that they ported the game to the PSP but they seemed to have sacrificed so much with this version plus it lacks the FES content. I know it has its own little bonuses but I still can't muster why anyone would rather play this than FES. When I get back to P3 I sure as hell know which version I'm playing.

Portability goes a very long way for some gamers!

Vermachtnis
07-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Also you can control your teammates. Which is a huge plus for me. Tactics never worked right for me. AI in every game hates me. Full Assault, Knock Down, and Same Target shouldn't but mutually exclusive.

Jessweeee♪
07-19-2010, 04:51 AM
I have questions for those of you that have gotten your hands on it already!

1. Social Links! Can you stay friends with opposite sex links like in P4, or are you still forced into a romantic relationship?

2. Can you still split up the party in Tartarus?

Robostar
08-07-2010, 11:35 PM
In the Female MC's game u can be friends with the social link guys. Certain answers to their questions unlock the romantic parts. I just figured out that the Male MC does certain "things" with the girls when he maxes their SLink.

Ultima Shadow
08-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Haven't gotten the original or FES version, but daaaamn do I love this little PSP port! Very addicting game. I can hardly stop playing. :excited:

And I haven't maxed out any S. Link yet, but yes you can split up your party.

The Persona series appears to be far more entertaining than I thought it would be at first glance.:greenie: