PDA

View Full Version : I get to make pies and croissants today!

~*~Celes~*~
07-10-2010, 01:12 PM
What's your favorite part of your job?

So far, mine has to be baking stuff. Everything smells so amazing when it's cooking! Very hard not to grab a cookie out of a container and eat it myself :jess:

Christmas
07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
The part when it's time to go home! :bigsmile:

Anyway, I haven't started my new job and my old job is coming to an end. :bigsmile:

My favorite part of my old job is that I will get to travel around for free. I get to see interesting places and meet people of all types! And all my colleagues and me are like one big family! :bigsmile:

For my new job it will be hanging out with little children and educating them! But since I haven't started yet, I won't really know! I hope they are as nice as Vivi! :vivi:

But the important thing about a job is that try to make the best out of it and alway be responsible! :bigsmile:

Awrini
07-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I can't really think of much I actually enjoy about my job. I usually get burnt or cut daily. Such is the way of the glassware. Then again, getting cut by hot glass is nothing compared to a cardboard papercut.

I guess the money is good.

Jiro
07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
My colleagues are awesome, that's probably the best part.

~*~Celes~*~
07-10-2010, 01:30 PM
The part when it's time to go home! :bigsmile:

Anyway, I haven't started my new job and my old job is coming to an end. :bigsmile:

My favorite part of my old job is that I will get to travel around for free. I get to see interesting places and meet people of all types! And all my colleagues and me are like one big family! :bigsmile:

For my new job it will be hanging out with little children and educating them! But since I haven't started yet, I won't really know! I hope they are as nice as Vivi! :vivi:

But the important thing about a job is that try to make the best out of it and alway be responsible! :bigsmile:

Oh man, I can't wait till I get to travel places :D You're so lucky!

@nano: before you know it, your skin will be tough as diamonds :D

@Jiro: Mine too! <3 Seems like we'll be an awesome team before long!

Rye
07-10-2010, 02:24 PM
It's good you're so happy about your job!

I like the people I work with. They're funny and have a childish spirit, even though they're all parents and grandparents. Just this a few days ago they were squabbling over my puffy stickers, begging me for the zebra or the lion. It was cute. XD

What I hate? My job is a 9 to 6 shift. Enough said. ;_;

Chris
07-10-2010, 02:46 PM
The favorite part of my job is that my shift is only three hours long. :D

Rebellious Eagle
07-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Does being a high schooler count as a job? It sure feels like one. =P

Hambone
07-10-2010, 03:17 PM

Seriously, the favorite part of my job is coming home to five hours of homework every night. :bigsmile:

Jiro
07-10-2010, 03:39 PM

Seriously, the favorite part of my job is coming home to five hours of homework every night. :bigsmile:
I did my homework maybe three times in my last two years of high school. That was my favourite bit of that job.

My "shifts" are pretty random and short. Because I'm a Jironalist (work for the local paper), the jobs only go for an hour or two and then another hour or two to write the article and put the photos on the hard drive. Easy, fun and well paid. But I suppose the lack of hours is what I dislike most.

Except this one guy who was real effing rude :nonono:

Clo
07-10-2010, 05:35 PM
For my job right now, the most rewarding thing is just working with the autistic children in general! Whenever they write out a sentence, or read a whole book, or converse with me I feel elated. I'm working with the same student this summer as I was last summer and he's using so many more words this year, I'm so proud of him.

And we sang a song before swim therapy yesterday, and he actually sang along with me, following the sequence of actions that the song was asking without a prompt from me. That is rewarding.

For my other job, at the deli, it's rewarding when I'm told that I make the best damn sandwiches. :cool:

And for my OTHER job, as a writing tutor, it's rewarding when I have my clients tell me I taught them better than their own professors after a long session of editing and writing lessons.

rubah
07-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I get to play with computer cards and wires and voltmeters. I've always wanted to do low-level computing like this

Chloe.
07-10-2010, 06:04 PM
I love the girls that I work with, we all get on so well and it just makes the whole job a lot more fun than it could be. I also love being able to secretly shop while I'm working, we all just go around looking at stuff and putting bits behind the till that we want to try on later :p

NorthernChaosGod
07-10-2010, 06:05 PM
The majority of my coworkers are all really awesome people. We're always talking and laughing it up when we're not actually out in the park.

Aside from that, it's a waterpark and I'm a guy... /smug

Shorty
07-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I suppose my favorite part of my job is that there is essentially no micro-managing whatsoever. For the most part, my co-workers act like adults and everyone does their job, so things like cell phones, ipods, music, etc is allowed. They prefer us not to surf the web, but don't really enforce it. I just do it on my blackberry to avoid any confrontation.

Oh, and the bazillion weeks of paid vacation and sweet pay.

Rye
07-10-2010, 06:45 PM
For my job right now, the most rewarding thing is just working with the autistic children in general! Whenever they write out a sentence, or read a whole book, or converse with me I feel elated. I'm working with the same student this summer as I was last summer and he's using so many more words this year, I'm so proud of him.

And we sang a song before swim therapy yesterday, and he actually sang along with me, following the sequence of actions that the song was asking without a prompt from me. That is rewarding.

For my other job, at the deli, it's rewarding when I'm told that I make the best damn sandwiches. :cool:

And for my OTHER job, as a writing tutor, it's rewarding when I have my clients tell me I taught them better than their own professors after a long session of editing and writing lessons.

That sounds fantastic. It really gives you an amazing feeling when you can see an autistic child progress, no matter where they are on the spectrum. My brother has gotten so much better from a few years ago in his speech, it makes me feel so happy. From someone who has a lot of autistic kids in the family, what you do is a really important thing, Clo, and I appreciate people who do it.

Bunny
07-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Not having a job is my favorite part about my job. :|

Madame Adequate
07-10-2010, 07:14 PM
The favorite part of my job is definitely being able to order the extermination of billions.

aquatius
07-10-2010, 08:13 PM
My favourite part is not having a job :P

But I do do babysitting casually for my mum's friend sometimes, and the best part is being offered any food and drink I want xD

Raistlin
07-10-2010, 11:50 PM
I suppose actually seeing my work used in a case is pretty cool at first, whether it's my pleading being used or my research and recommendations being acknowledged and followed. That started wearing off when the workload increased.

Although for things not related to the actual work, the people I work for and with are pretty great.

DarkBahamut
07-11-2010, 12:11 AM
When I worked at GameStop, i'd love it when people would ask for recommendations. And when ppl asked about FF games, I'd talk for hours.

fire_of_avalon
07-11-2010, 03:04 AM
My favorite part of my job is all the puzzle solving.

My least favorite part is when people double cross, stab me in the back or let me down.

Nominus Experse
07-11-2010, 04:38 AM
wef3

Clo
07-11-2010, 04:50 AM

That sounds fantastic. It really gives you an amazing feeling when you can see an autistic child progress, no matter where they are on the spectrum. My brother has gotten so much better from a few years ago in his speech, it makes me feel so happy. From someone who has a lot of autistic kids in the family, what you do is a really important thing, Clo, and I appreciate people who do it.

Aw, thank you. :jess: And it really is amazing to see kids who need a little extra help be successful.

oddler
07-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Bishop: "Jeff, got a copy?"
Me: "Go ahead."
Bishop: "John flipped me off."
Me: "John, go to time-out."

Iceglow
07-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Best part? Probably the regular live performances and signing sessions in store where I get to abuse being staff and either get signed stuff or to just stand around and watch from the sealed section where the press generally go.

Worst part of the job? Well working on a section where I have 0% interest in the product is always a downside, though really I would be tempted to say the way the company operates.

Zeldy
07-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I've met some (and some really not) amazing people at my place. That's about the only positive there is. It's a job though, at the end of the day.

The downside is the rubbish pay, the fact that they change the timetable every week so you never have set working hours and can never plan ahead, the fact that they mither you and ring home to get you working extra hours, the fact that it's a sports store and I know nothing about sport!

The ladies section I can blag, same with junior and mens, but when they put me on replica dealing with all the football shirts and the like, I get completely confused when someone asks me "is this home or away?". I don't watch football, I DON'T KNOW.

It also gets incredibly hot at work in the summer. euuuuugh.

Iceglow
07-12-2010, 12:30 AM
The ladies section I can blag, same with junior and mens, but when they put me on replica dealing with all the football shirts and the like, I get completely confused when someone asks me "is this home or away?". I don't watch football, I DON'T KNOW.

It also gets incredibly hot at work in the summer. euuuuugh.

If someone is approaching you in a football shirt section of a store and asking if it's the home or away shirt they're probably testing your ability to answer it. Essentially the customer 99% of the time is being a real jerk about it. Trust me, I know...I get customers like that all the time, "Oh can you tell me where to find this artist?" when I counter ask them "Well, I'm not too sure, do you know what type of music it is?" I get the answer of like "Oh it's easy listening" it's at this point I tend to think: 'Well if you fucking know what section it is going to be in and you're standing in the middle of that fucking section why the fuck don't you just fucking go get the CD or ask me if it's in stock not where you find it?' I can't however say this, what I have to say is something along the lines of "Well um, sure that should be just over here..." whilst then basically hand holding them to the CD the other thing I get is "Oh, can you recccomend me something just like < insert random artist > please" often I'll have never heard of the artist or when I have and I reccomend something it's "Oh well I'm not sure I like the sound of this..." or I get the immortal "hmm no, sorry I am not looking for something like that" I end up thinking "man/woman stop being a mother fucking douchebag and either find something you want to listen to on your own or accept that you asked for my opinion."

As for hot during the summer, I can relate on that my store's A/C has been dying since a good couple of years ago. The company makes up excuses every summer as to why it cannot be fixed or replaced. The system is apparently from like the 60s or something and can no longer be repaired but they won't replace it because the lease is still being renewed (same story as last year funny but I'm one of the only ones to remember this, not to mention the odds of HMV Oxford Circus ever moving from it's current location? Slim to none most likely) It took an e-mail to the head of the company to get the rule about men having to wear jeans/full length trousers to work regardless of the heat reviewed for our store to allow shorts to be worn to work, that being said I would still rather wear jeans to work in because shorts at work means when I have to crawl/kneel on dusty/dirty carpets and flooring every day my knees would look atrocious after an hour or so.

missaira
07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
i work at australia zoo, so that's pretty cool :)

every thursday i have to go help out with the elephant feeding. i kid you not.

Meat Puppet
07-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Slicing my finger on a mandoline

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Chemical
07-12-2010, 03:23 PM
B)

25 years old, I'm spoiled rotten. I don't have a job I have a weekly allowance.
Right now my days consist of debating which bikini I should wear to the cottage dock, playing guitar, face booking and reading. It all makes me realize that what I really need is a sugar daddy. Raistlin... you're going to be a lawyer right?... ;)

Jess
07-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I like my job. My favourite is payday.

I like that I'm constantly busy at work - I hate being bored and twiddling my thumbs. I like that I work with some pretty awesome people. I love that I met my boyfriend through work, and I get to see him every day. I like meeting targets and stressing myself out to do it - I'm weird like that.

:jess:!

Carl the Llama
07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
My colleagues are awesome, that's probably the best part.

^This, there isnt a single person I don't get on with at my work, its awesome.

What I hate? My job is a 9 to 6 shift. Enough said. ;_;

I personally would love it if my job required me to work such hours, on thursdays and quite a few fridays I will work 13.5 and 14.5 hours doing double shifts.

NorthernChaosGod
07-12-2010, 06:27 PM
B)

Right now my days consist of debating which bikini I should wear to the cottage dock, playing guitar, face booking and reading. It all makes me realize that what I really need is a sugar daddy. Raistlin... you're going to be a lawyer right?... ;)

I'm going to be a doctor. :jokey:

Raistlin
07-13-2010, 12:43 AM

I am not coming up to Canadia, full of you dirty pinko hippy terrorists! You can come be spoiled in the US, but Shlup might not be willing to share.

Rye
07-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Another favorite thing about my job is that I get to sell all of the crafts I make at my cubicle. I just splay them out with the prices, and since I work in the customer service section of the office, people are constantly back and forth looking at my things. I just made $15 today! I've been at this selling stuff at work business for 3 weeks and I've already almost made $100! It's so awesome!

Propagator
07-13-2010, 02:04 AM
I clean fish and than hose the deck. I really don't have a favorite part since that's the job, but then in between time where I'm playing PlayStation and eating sandwiches is alright.

Chemical
07-13-2010, 02:23 AM

I am not coming up to Canadia, full of you dirty pinko hippy terrorists! You can come be spoiled in the US, but Shlup might not be willing to share.

Fine by me. This place is filled with cold fluffy white crap people round here claim makes up their hick heritage. <3 I just hope you don't expect anything in return... like... love...companionship...or other things. Because you sir, will be sorely mistaken. PS.

What was this thread about again?