PDA

View Full Version : Fable and beyond

sir helix
07-11-2010, 05:31 AM
i was recently pondering the year gaps between the fable games.

f1 and f2 are 500 years apart and now fable 3 (forgot the gap) but its a few hundred years aswel, but anyway the world has industrialised and i was thinking.....is it just gonna be GTA a few mare games in the future?

the real point is this, my lil brother and i got into an argument about which is superior. the fable franchise or the grand theft auto series. in both your given options on how to play and can freely roam your enviorment, kill those around you and piss off the local authority.:cool:

Im for Fable all the way....whos with me and whos agaist me?

VeloZer0
07-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Wasn't Fable 3 supposed to be the child of the character you played in Fable 2?

I personally find GTA unplayable due to it's lack of focus. Sandbox games aren't my forte. For me Fable is a more linear combat centric RPG with some fun stuff to do on the side. Granted I'm missing a big portion of the game, but that is all I really get out of the game.

Shiny
07-11-2010, 05:38 AM
They're both two different types of games, so I wouldn't even compare them. The Grand Theft Auto franchise is superior for what it is known for: gun-toting, gang-banging, car jacking hijinks and the Fable franchise is one of the more superior Action RPG's. I suppose the only comparison you could make is that they're both free-roam, but in that case I'd say I like exploring the GTA worlds more since you can use things like tanks, trucks, cars, helicopters, etc.

sir helix
07-11-2010, 05:40 AM
in fable 3 your playing to reclaim your throne from a tyrent

NeoCracker
07-11-2010, 04:04 PM
As much as I dislike GTA, it beats out Fable on the basis that Fable II was an abysmal excuse of a game, with such mind numbingly glaring problems I'll never understand how it's created hasn't been burned at the stake.

Bunny
07-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Fable II was far superior to the first one, what.

Grand Theft Auto is amusing to play for five or ten minutes when you had some time to kill but other than that has a hard time holding my attention. The Fable franchise is hardly one of the best games of the generation, but is superior in a number of ways to GTA.

Vyk
07-12-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm kinda with Neo, I abhorred Fable 2. But I also can't generally stand GTA. To me, a more fair comparison would be between Fable 1 and Saints Row 2. In fable you get to create your character, but you're not really allowed to customize it. In Saints Row 2 you're not allowed to be a girl. In GTA you're just straight up stuck with something

In Saints Row/GTA you're allowed much more variety in what you can do to people. In Fable (2 especially) you're allowed much more variety in what you can do with/in a town. I haven't played much GTA but I don't recall a whole lot of mini-gaming going on. And I don't know how touring the town works. I know in Saints Row games you can buy up most of the town, which gives you income. Fable does something similar, letting you buy up shops. Fable 2 even lets you get jobs in shops. But Saints Row/GTA has always allowed you to grab some jobs. Though they're pretty worthless. At least in Fable you're fixing an economy

You have an interesting point, to be sure. Next will be Victorian era horse and buggy stealing and corset wearing mafia. And if Fable decides to take a route like that, they need only take a little side-step towards the world of steam punk/gaslight romance and I will probably throw all my loyalty at them. A steam punk GTA could possibly be my dream game

NeoCracker
07-12-2010, 01:53 AM
You can be a girl in Saints Row 2. :p

Vyk
07-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Only by technicality. Which is odd to me. Extremely. I mean a girl character. Not a dude that looks like a girl

NeoCracker
07-12-2010, 02:04 AM
A potentially sexy dude that looks like a girl you mean.

Vyk
07-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Uh, "he" still has lady parts. Not that I'm against transexualism. But the only reason he looks like a she is to hide or some crap. But the game doesn't change if you make him a her, so it doesn't even work in that regard. And considering he wakes up in a male penitentiary I have to believe he's pre-op transvestite. But like I said, its not even a sexuality thing. So there's really not even a reason to have the option to be a girl. And even though you do have the option, I still contend he's not a legitimate girl

It would have been better if there were slightly varying stories and you were playing as some random chick from the first game who had an infatuation with the lead and now takes over the gang or something. But this is getting way off topic xD

Christmas
07-14-2010, 02:10 PM
I HATE Fable 2 and anything after that cause they dun have a PC version of it and I am not a big fan of console! :mad2:

Loony BoB
07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
I agree with what Bunny is saying in this thread (not often I get to make this post so will take the opportunity gladly :D).