PDA

View Full Version : Any good Chip's Challenge editors for Windows Vista?

*Laurelindo*
07-12-2010, 02:44 AM
I've tried to get my hands on a good Chip's Challenge editor for the longest time now.
Those I've found so far have always been very easy to use when I create the levels - the only problem is that I can never play them.
"CHIPSEXE.FILE not specified in CHIPEDIT.INI" is the message I always get when I click on Playtest, and it's getting annoying, because I want to play my own creations, not just look at them.

rubah
07-12-2010, 04:29 AM
oh man, I haven't thought of chip's challenge in years. Why don't you pull open the .INI and see what it has to say in there? It may be as simple as adding a line somewhere.

*Laurelindo*
07-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Where can I find that file?
When I extract the zip-folder I get the editor itself and a few other documents, but none of them tell me exactly where to find this .INI file, they only go on about how it is related to Playtesting.

rubah
07-12-2010, 02:20 PM
probably in the editor folder!

*Laurelindo*
07-14-2010, 01:24 PM
No, I can't find anything that lets me actually enable the Playtesting.
Feels like that option will obstinately refuse to work no matter what I do. :eep:

Can I download that Chipedit.ini or whatever somewhere on the Internet?
The Readme will not give any clear instructions.

Meat Puppet
07-14-2010, 11:21 PM
maybe you have files hidden

*Laurelindo*
07-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, it appeared some files actually were hidden.
Now I have another file called "CHIPEDIT.EXE", and I guess in English the file type would be "Configuration Settings (.INI)";
this is what I read in that document:

FILENAME=C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\chipedit\(level name).dat
MAXIMIZE=1

Can I make any changes and/or additions here that enable Playtest?

(level name) = the space where the name of one of my invented levels is written.