PDA

View Full Version : Fan Expo, Toronto 2010

Chemical
07-12-2010, 01:59 PM
You may find yourself wondering why such a beautiful and marvelous human being as myself with so much more to do with my life than sit on a silly forum board and post would possibly increase their posting activity at such a seemingly monotonous time! Well, first of all (and probably most importantly) the Ciddies are over so I browse in relative safety from those horrid pre/during/post Ciddies threads that plague this virtual space. *spit* Second, the time for Fan Expo 2010 in Toronto is upcoming.

For all your informational needs:
FanExpo Canada (http://www.fanexpocanada.com/)

I will be staying at my families condo which is about a 5 minute walk from the convention center and all your down town Toronto interests such as the ROM, AGO, UoT observatory, Church street, Cabbage Town, Eaton's Centre, Kenzington Market & the Hot Box Cafe (A relaxed place that allows you to smoke marijuana products on the back patio with a purchase equal to 4.20$ or more), CN Tower, etc., etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is one large bed I am willing to share with one other person (as long as you keep your clothes on) and a large air mattress that comfortably sleeps 2 more. All together I am offering a crash pad for 3 individuals 19+ interested in attending the Expo. Discuss... or fight to the death.

Also, I guess if there is more interest and people want to get a hotel together and use this thread as a starting point that's cool too.

Carnage-
07-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I might head out there for the Gaming Expo, and I only live like 40 minutes away so its convenient.

Awrini
07-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Another Canadian meetup Redux. =p

Chemical
07-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Another Canadian meetup Redux. =p

I wouldn't call it a meetup, those are totally lame. This is more like a free place to stay with the mandatory expectation who ever sleeps over goes to FanExpo and gets drunk in my company.

Chunk
07-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Probably going just the one day(sat.) but live on the subway line so I'm good.

And small world, you knew Majewski (RIP)

Rodarian
07-16-2010, 11:54 PM
WHAT THE HELL!! Why am I not there! :cry:

Chemical
07-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Probably going just the one day(sat.) but live on the subway line so I'm good.

And small world, you knew Majewski (RIP)

Woah dude, yah today is his deathiversary, cheers to his honour what a great guy. We grew up in the same crowd and he's responsible for so many of the polish hall punk shows that were my child hood. FATO was awesome. I dunno what you're saying but tomorrow in Oshawa there is a memorial show for him at the Atria with a bunch of bands mostly with Dan Roberts from FATO too. Twisted Fistr, Avon Dealer and G.O.D.

On a side note anyone going keep your eyes out for Tank Girl. That's who i'm gonna go as and i'll be hanging out with Zapp Brannigan.

http://a2.vox.com/6a00bf76d0a9b7438300c10e0f77f2d3b4-500pi

Chunk
07-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Already had plans for camping this past weekend =(...
Ya he was, specially for the Shwa Music scene. Only knew him recently (last 4 years or so) through the Anagram guys for the most part.

Cheers, not dressing up myself so I'll just be regular guy #8 out of a couple thousand.