PDA

View Full Version : GUYS: Do you prefer LONG HAIR or SHORT HAIR among girls?

Yliette
07-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Hello. It's been almost three years since I was last active here on EoFF.

I've been curious. I've read in Seventeen magazine that men are biologically more attracted towards women with long hair since it signifies health and femininity. But it also said women who look sassy with short hair are head-turners as well.

Three years ago I had long hair. I had it cut up to my shoulders and my ex-boyfriend hated it. My hair is long now down to my bra-line though I have a Hime Cut now except with sideswept bangs instead of straight. Here's a picture in case you haven't seen it yet. My current boyfriend demands that I don't cut it anymore.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Hime_cut.jpg

Anyway I know the bottom line is it all depends on the guy or girl's preference but I just want to know what others here think. Thanks for the time. :D

Bunny
07-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Just an inch or two below the top of the shoulders.

Vyk
07-13-2010, 01:21 AM
It really depends on the girl, mostly. I'm not big on super-long fairytale hair. Or girls with buzz cuts. But other than that, I really don't have much preference. Just as long as the girl wears it well and it suits her

Rye
07-13-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm curious about this. Hux always tells me to cut it super short, but most guys like long hair, don't they?

I'm growing it out loooong and curly. I just dyed it dark again. It's going to be a mix between this and this. The length and color of the second, and the curl style and fringe/bangs in the first.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_30PRmkOl4ro/SUjRVyNcW_I/AAAAAAAAGY0/cliNGRftvRo/s320/cute-asian-girl-hairstyle-1.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9Zf_P9g6cuo/SZJeA6yYchI/AAAAAAAADJQ/WefE0Tf5BkE/s800/asian_long_spring_hairstyle_2.jpg

Yes, I always get my hair styles modeled after photographs of asian hairstyles. ^____________^;;

Cuchulainn
07-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Hate short hair on women, always have. I'm talking Brigette Nielsson type short hair, not a bob or such things.

So, I prefer Long. Next question.

[SIZE="1"]I'm curious about this. Hux always tells me to cut it super short, but most guys like long hair, don't they?

What do you care what most guys think? lol

You're with Huxtable who likes it short. You should keep it how you like though, not depending on other people.

Tavrobel
07-13-2010, 01:31 AM
Gotta have long hair.

G13
07-13-2010, 01:35 AM
I like long hair on women. Short hair is fine but long is where it's at.

Shlup
07-13-2010, 01:41 AM
BJ gets all kinds of crabby if my hair doesn't at least cover my boobehs.

Aerith's Knight
07-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Long, it makes girls look less like dudes.

Although some men now have long hair and small feminine shoulders. It's creepy.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii94/TheWalkingDude/1196011701699.png

~*~Celes~*~
07-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Long <3

rubah
07-13-2010, 02:04 AM
I had long hair (http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/mes/hair.jpg) for a long time. I have difficulty removing it from religious connotations anymore.

blackmage_nuke
07-13-2010, 02:51 AM
Long for brunettes, short for Blondes

Raistlin
07-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Long, definitely.

Clo
07-13-2010, 03:14 AM
I've had so many hair styles in my short life...

I've had really long hair, different layers, different types of bangs, hair that rested on my shoulders, and five million varieties of short hair. This one time I cut all my hair off and wore it like a boy's. I loved it!

Yeah, guys didn't like that.

Even when my hair was short and layered around my face, like a pixie thing, guys still weren't as interested as when my hair was longer.

Men. Very prejudiced toward long hair in my experiences. Good thing girls care less.

Vermachtnis
07-13-2010, 03:18 AM
I like short hair. Like above the shoulder and shorter.

Vyk
07-13-2010, 03:28 AM
Three years ago I had long hair. I had it cut up to my shoulders and my ex-boyfriend hated it ... My current boyfriend demands that I don't cut it anymore

BJ gets all kinds of crabby if my hair doesn't at least cover my boobehs.

This one time I cut all my hair off and wore it like a boy's. I loved it!

Yeah, guys didn't like that.

Even when my hair was short and layered around my face, like a pixie thing, guys still weren't as interested as when my hair was longer.

Men. Very prejudiced toward long hair in my experiences. Good thing girls care less.

Apparently I need to become more nit-picky, and possibly whiny. And I will get da womenz

Edit: On a random note, Yliette is a freaking awesome name. (If its pronounced ILL-EEE-ET) [Though I have a fetish for names ending in "-ette"] {Don't judge me}

Bunny
07-13-2010, 03:30 AM

If we wanted to fuck boys, we'd all be Catholic.

Shiny
07-13-2010, 04:04 AM
Depends on the face shape. Some girls can pull off long hair, but pretty much any woman I have seen looks weird with a buzz cut. I personally prefer my hair to be medium length. Just a bit pass my shoulders as it is now.

NorthernChaosGod
07-13-2010, 04:05 AM
I like long hair on women. Short hair is fine but long is where it's at.

Damn straight. Hair should cover the boobies.

G13
07-13-2010, 04:10 AM
NO! Nothing should cover the boobies. :stare:

DarkBahamut
07-13-2010, 04:12 AM
It matters who's face the hair is on :jess:
But, the hime cut is pretty sexy I guess. (But it still matters about the face still.)

The shortest my GF has had her hair is till' her neck and I like her longer hairstyle very much.

Agent Proto
07-13-2010, 04:58 AM
I'm not particularly picky about hair length. Short hair can be cute or sexy, but really, it's all about the face. If the girl with short hair looks more like a dude, then it's definitely not the hairstyle for her. :nonono:

Though, I do prefer long hair.

Inferno
07-13-2010, 05:23 AM
Long. Personnally, I think a nice haircut is a big part of a woman's beauty and charm.

Goldenboko
07-13-2010, 05:32 AM
Gotta have long blue hair.

~*~Celes~*~
07-13-2010, 05:37 AM
I like to be able to have decent pigtails :jess:

Levian
07-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Like everyone else said, it depends. Although for me, long hair is generally the rule and short hair is the exception.

NorthernChaosGod
07-13-2010, 06:23 AM
NO! Nothing should cover the boobies. :stare:

Hair is easy to move. Chill, bromeo.

KentaRawr!
07-13-2010, 06:47 AM
I think long hair is beautiful, but short hair leaves an interesting impression.

Rodarian
07-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Singing to the choir.. I like ladies with long locks... It can be at any length and cut so as long as it suits her face...

I absolutely love it when a girl flips her hair to expose the nape of her neck...:drool:

Also the most prized maneuver is when she keeps her hair up and then lets down.. That move is gold for me..

Darkswordofchaos
07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
It depends on the girl and how she does it but in general I like a medium long the best a lil below shoulders. But I've. Known girls who cut their hair short and it was sexy.

Loony BoB
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Long.

Peegee
07-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Long. I can't pull on your hair if there's nothing to grab ><

however I do refer you to hair (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/133172-dumb-infatuation.html) for moar.

Unbreakable Will
07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Long. Short hair on women just doesn't do it for me. And I agree with Eric, nothing should cover the boobs. :greenie:

Breine
07-13-2010, 04:24 PM
It depends on how it looks on the person in question.

Chloe.
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
I have never had my hair short, for as long as I can remember it's reached just below my boobs, and that's how I like :jess: I'd never cut it short, ever. Though I think it looks good like that on some girls.

Loony BoB
07-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh, possibly worth noting, when you're in your 60's, I no longer think it looks better long. I find the ladies in their later years that have long hair look a little untidy looking.

Mo-Nercy
07-13-2010, 05:03 PM
My girlfriend's had long hair in the past and now she has short. She pulls off both looks quite well, but her round face probably suited long hair just a little more.

So it really depends on the woman's face shape, but in general, I'm more attracted to women with long hair.

Inferno
07-13-2010, 05:08 PM
My girlfriend's had long hair in the past and now she has short. She pulls off both looks quite well, but her round face probably suited long hair just a little more.

So it really depends on the woman's face shape, but in general, I'm more attracted to women with long hair.

Hair extensions... or break up

Clouded Sky
07-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Long, definitely long. Twice I've had girlfriends get super short haircuts, and it's :(. Nothing to get super upset over, but meh. Last one started short and kept growing. This was a much more acceptable situation.

Yeargdribble
07-13-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't like it super short, but I do really like it around shoulder length or even a bit shorter. I don't dislike long hair, but I like the aforementioned length better. However, some people's face and body shapes are less conducive to one length or the other. I dislike it when these people have hair either long or short that makes them look considerably worse.

Rantz
07-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Like everyone else said, it depends. Although for me, long hair is generally the rule and short hair is the exception.

Agreed!

Hythloday
07-13-2010, 11:35 PM
This should be a poll. Just saying.

I'm a hypocrite. I don't like short hair on girls, but I'm a long-haired guy. WHAT A CRAZY WORLD I LIVE IN, EH? I mean idk, generally I prefer long hair, but I wouldn't say I dislike short hair. Just so long as it's effeminate, they can't be bald.

rubah
07-13-2010, 11:48 PM
the responses in this thread make me kinda uncomfortable, but I can't exactly put my finger on why.

Old Manus
07-14-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't care about the hair, as long as she has dat ass

NorthernChaosGod
07-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Long. Short hair on women just doesn't do it for me. And I agree with Eric, nothing should cover the boobs. :greenie:

Oh, come on. Use some imagination sometime.

LowCaloriePie
07-14-2010, 02:15 AM
I generally don't care. As long as their hair's clean, I'm fine with it. Though I am partial to shorter hair.

Rye
07-14-2010, 03:46 AM
the responses in this thread make me kinda uncomfortable, but I can't exactly put my finger on why.

Me too!

Shiny
07-14-2010, 07:27 AM
It's weird to me when people futz about their s.o.'s hair length. Let them wear their hair the way they want it unless it's a mullet cuz that's just no.

NeoCracker
07-14-2010, 07:44 AM
It's weird to me when people futz about their s.o.'s hair length. Let them wear their hair the way they want it unless it's a mullet cuz that's just no.

You know, I was going to make a joke about women being sexy in mullets, but as I attempted to do so I felt my eyes burn.

Bunny
07-14-2010, 07:46 AM

This is a preference thread, not a demanding thread. My girlfriend can wear her hair however the hell she wants it, but I would prefer that she keep it slightly longer than shoulder length.

Shiny
07-14-2010, 07:52 AM

You know, I was going to make a joke about women being sexy in mullets, but as I attempted to do so I felt my eyes burn.

Hahaha, I don't think even the hottest of people could pull off such an atrocious hairstyle. Except this woman:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XU9x8G7khv0/SlfF0Tb3zFI/AAAAAAAAHMg/Sm81knTQ8y8/s400/Reds_MulletLady.jpg

So sexy!

Rase
07-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Depends on the person. Last GF alternated between shoulder length and a few inches shorter, and current person of interest cut her hair to an inch and a half and looks just fine with it.

Yliette
07-14-2010, 09:25 AM
I've read somewhere that only a chosen few girls can pull short hair off. I mean just look at Rihanna, Halle Berry and Katie Holmes. Don't they just look fabulous? Reese Witherspoon also wears mid-length hair quite well.

I found the following information on what your hair says about you and I liked what it said about shoulder-length hair.

From What your hairstyle really says about you - Hairstyle.com, Hair style advice articles, Hair color, Hair cut, Hairstyle (http://www.hairstyle.com/hair-articles/what-hair-says-about-you.htm)

Secret Signals Your Hair Sends:

Short

Cropped hair is often interpreted as signifying intelligence, openness and honesty -what you see is what you get. As a rule, shorter styles also tend to make younger women appear older and more sophisticated.

Shoulder length

A woman with medium-length hair is usually perceived as classy and strong. People often view her as powerful, and someone who exemplifies both brains and beauty.

Long

If long hair is well kept, it suggests confidence and sensuality. But watch out for unkempt styles, which send a very different message: that the person is trying to cover up the parts of her body or face she considers flawed.

Curly vs Straight

Waves give the impression of playfulness, warmth and carefree nature; wearing your hair straight tells people that you are together, polished and stylish.

Ponytail

A neat, traditional ponytail is the picture of poise - it's a good style for meeting your boyfriend's parents or giving a presentation in front of your boss. A pony tail higher on the head conveys a more casual, energetic look.

Beauty and brains... Makes me wanna cut my hair up to my shoulders again. XD

Christmas
07-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Sometimes I keep my hair long until Rinoa's hair length! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0zPi8e_vSqs/R5OX1ZuN98I/AAAAAAAAABw/xXf6ImcNQHk/S150/Rinoa_sprite.gif

But nowadays I keep my hair to Yuna's hair length!http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:rFchP8lms2P2bM

Maybe it's 2010 so I decided to go with the Final Fantasy X's hairstyle! :bigsmile:

Peegee
07-14-2010, 02:18 PM

Don't you have long hair?

rubah
07-14-2010, 02:28 PM
no

Peegee
07-14-2010, 02:32 PM
no

Hm...we have different definitions asl

Christmas
07-14-2010, 02:47 PM
What about bald girls? :bigsmile:

rubah
07-14-2010, 02:51 PM
who defines 'an inch below the shoulders' as long, peegies? xD maybe I'm biased (See pic)

Peegee
07-14-2010, 03:26 PM
who defines 'an inch below the shoulders' as long, peegies? xD maybe I'm biased (See pic)

See what pic? When did I say that? I thought it was bunny or something [cba to check]

Inferno
07-14-2010, 03:57 PM

To me, she's still pretty

http://a.imageshack.us/img511/9734/bald.jpg

Loony BoB
07-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Hair that goes from the top of the head down to your shoulders? That kind of shoulder length? If so, I define that as long. I define short hair as not touching the shoulders at all - more neck-height than anything.

rubah
07-14-2010, 05:10 PM
you guys are making a big deal out of what, three inches of hair between what you're calling long and not long? That's really silly!

Peegee
07-14-2010, 05:58 PM
you guys are making a big deal out of what, three inches of hair between what you're calling long and not long? That's really silly!

Stop lopping me with these loonies. Long hair goes past the shoulders by more than 5 cm.

Miss_Lulu
07-14-2010, 10:44 PM
I have pretty short hair. I cut it all of because I was tired of being told I looked like I was 13-15 when I'm really 19, and I thought a shorter hairstyle would make me look older.
It did, and I liked the cut, but now I'm ready for my long hair again, so I'm growing it out.

Plus all the guys who've seen me or pictures of me with long hair tell me I look better with long hair and that I should let it grow.

Cuchulainn
07-14-2010, 11:57 PM

Yes but she's pretty DESPITE the cue-tip not BECAUSE of it.

The Space Pope
07-15-2010, 02:12 AM
In my human form, my hair gently caresses my shoulders and is illustrious, thick, and cascades over my face like a flaxen waterfall.

However it lacks the protection and visual appeal of scales.

Loony BoB
07-15-2010, 09:46 AM
The question asks if we prefer long or short, and a line has to be drawn somewhere. *shrug*

EDIT: I suppose someone could add in 'medium length' but nobody has mentioned that so far so I haven't gone down that route.

Rodarian
07-15-2010, 10:19 AM

Yes but she's pretty DESPITE the cue-tip not BECAUSE of it.

agree... She can have a pink wig and still be hot..

DarkBahamut
07-15-2010, 06:49 PM

Well for a lot of guys, they just want her to lower her dress a bit more and they'll still love her xP

Old Manus
07-15-2010, 07:44 PM
you guys are making a big deal out of what, three inches of hair between what you're calling long and not long? That's really silly!At least we only class hair by 'long' or 'not long'! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illustrated_list_of_hairstyles)

black orb
07-15-2010, 11:41 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/Nabiki.jpg

rubah
07-16-2010, 12:10 AM
you guys are making a big deal out of what, three inches of hair between what you're calling long and not long? That's really silly!At least we only class hair by 'long' or 'not long'! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illustrated_list_of_hairstyles)

half the people on that page are male ?_?

Manny
07-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Seriously, it depends on the girl. Natalie Portman rocks the buzzcut. But I also adore long, beautiful hair.

Iceglow
07-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Perhaps I'm a little strange, however I don't feel that I have a strong preference. Sure I like hair to be around shoulder length or longer but I mean it depends on how the girl looks in regards to everything else. Some girls I know would look sexier with long hair because of the shape of their faces, bodies and everything else and some girls I know would look sexier with shorter hair than they currently have. When I meet a girl and end up in a relationship I generally don't meet them thinking "oh they're pretty but if only she had long hair" it's "Oh damn, she is hot, funny, intelligent god damn I like this girl!" I don't want them to be different, I just want them as they are there and then. In fact my ex once dyed her hair brown because she thought it'd make me happier (because most of the girls I have dated are brunettes and a majority of the actresses/singers/celebs I have crushes on happen to be so too) I was surprised and whilst yes I liked the brown hair and everything after a couple of months I was really like "I miss you being blonde" to her because I just didn't associate the brown hair with the girl I met a couple of years prior.

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2010, 06:35 PM
People have different definitions of long and short when it comes to hair. I used to only cut my hair every 3-4 years, so it would usually be somewhere between boob and waist length. I considered shoulder length and shorter to be short hair, until I started actually caring what my hair looked like and started looking at websites and magazines for ideas. I cut mine to about chin length in middle school when I wanted a change and it was pretty terrible (I didn't take care of it, nor did I have the right face for the style). I vowed never to cut it shorter than three inches below the shoulders again! Then I moved in with my boyfriend and he couldn't even sit down without me asking him nicely to get off of my hair, so we cut it a bit shorter than shoulder length and we both love it. Not only does it look a million times nicer, but it's a lot lighter and convenient!

rubah
07-18-2010, 07:24 PM
pix

Ultima Shadow
07-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I personally always prefere long hair over short hair. But that's probably just me. I have quite a few uncommon fetiches.:greenie:

Clo
07-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Everyone in this thread should be grateful that her hair is washed and she's looking at you. :p

Garland
07-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Short but not shaved/military-cropped. Neck length is the best. Having bangs is a plus. Don't really like curly. Crazy styles are nice. Dying it something crazy is a plus, too. Well, there you go.

Rodarian
07-19-2010, 10:26 AM
the only hair type I dislike are dread locks..... Now those are really ...

Loony BoB
07-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Everyone in this thread should be grateful that her hair is washed and she's looking at you. :p
If women were always grateful for guys with washed hair looking at them, the world would be a much easier place to live in.

Nominus Experse
07-19-2010, 09:43 PM
rrrrrrrrrr2

escobert
07-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Long imo. I hated it when Liz chopped all her hair off. She looked like a mutated girl boy.

Rocket Edge
07-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Long hair, most usually. There is the odd few girls I've seen who look better with shorter hair though.

Shiny
07-22-2010, 03:51 AM

Nothing compares to u. Seriously, she looks like Sinnead O'Connor. But, they both managed to pull of that look.

NeoCracker
07-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Short but not shaved/military-cropped. Neck length is the best. Having bangs is a plus. Don't really like curly. Crazy styles are nice. Dying it something crazy is a plus, too. Well, there you go.

I don't always dig crazy styles, though unnatural hair color can look amazing. I loved this one girls hair, she had turquoise streaks in it and it was :love:.