PDA

View Full Version : Ya know, Squall x Ellone Makes More Sense

Forsaken Lover
07-13-2010, 05:45 AM
I mean seriously. It doesn't take much to have more credibility than Squall/Rinoa I know but I've just been going through FFVIII again via a Let's Play and Squall and Ellone just seem perfect for each other.

She's a loving and tender woman - very mature and decent. A nurturer by nature I guess you could say. And if Squall needs anything, it's some therapy.

Plus by being with her he could resolve all his old childhood issues.

Saber
07-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Hey this is on two of my forum sites lol.

Anyways when reading the title I thought you were making a theory that Ellone and Squall were a couple instead of the theory that they are brother and sister. I'd have to say though that it wasn't about how good Squall and Rinoa were, it was about how they lived with what they had. So I disagree with the Squall X Ellone theory. Sorry.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-13-2010, 06:32 AM
^Rinoa smurfing sucks so I disagree with your opinion KH fanboy. ;)

Nod
07-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Being with someone as a means for therapy? Dude, that sounds like a whole other reason for seeing a therapist. A girlfriend shouldn't be the one to help you deal with your childhood issues; that's what therapists are for - in the role of his sister she could easily do this.

Rinoa & Squall go well together, end of.

Eaglegun
07-13-2010, 07:39 AM
By the time he remembered who she was, he already had a girlfriend whether he wanted one or not.

McLovin'
07-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Ellone calls Laguna "Uncle" and Laguna=Squall's father so it sounds weird so Square didn't go down the controversial route!

Forsaken Lover
07-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Being with someone as a means for therapy? Dude, that sounds like a whole other reason for seeing a therapist. A girlfriend shouldn't be the one to help you deal with your childhood issues; that's what therapists are for - in the role of his sister she could easily do this.

Fun fact: Most people get in relationships based on their childhoods.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with getting help from your significant other. That's one reason you even have a significant other; emotional support.

pyrefly maiden
07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Nope there wouldn't be any sparks between them. Nurturing yes passion... I highly doubt so.

And since Squall is used to calling Ellone sis, wouldn't it be weird if they're making whoopee and "sis" rushes out of his mouth. Lots of issues there. Nononononononono!

Shiny
07-13-2010, 04:19 PM
They're more like family so no.

Saber
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
^Rinoa smurfing sucks so I disagree with your opinion KH fanboy. ;)

I just got to say that I'm not a KH fanboy. If you check the KH area, you'll see that I don't post there hardly ever. Maybe like once or twice a long time ago. Also I'm not a big Lion Heart fan either. I just got this name for the sakes of having a name.

PeneloRatsbane
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
There relationship is that of a brother/sister dynamic, so no ick

MJN SEIFER
07-13-2010, 05:18 PM

DarkBahamut
07-13-2010, 06:17 PM
INCEST :eek:

No. It's legal to marry your cousin.

PeneloRatsbane
07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
she isn't his actual cousin, She just calls Laguna uncle Laguna. but yeah it still wouldn't be right

Forsaken Lover
07-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Squall and Ellone barely talked or interacted with each other for 10 years or so. Squall saw her as a sister when he was a lot younger.

Plus they're not actually related.

Given the time apart, their relationship can change a lot.

But think what you want. I'll always have my fanfiction.

charliepanayi
07-13-2010, 07:50 PM

Thirded.

Crop
07-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Rinoa & Squall don't go well together, end of.

Fixed.

DarkBahamut
07-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Ya' know, Ellone is actually kinda cute tho. Throughout the story, better than Rinoa :|

Clo
07-14-2010, 03:25 AM
Squall viewed Ellone like a sister. He calls her "sis" more times than he calls her Ellone.

No relationship for them!

Saber
07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Don't they share the same mother? Raine? Cause a lot of people say there is no blood relation, I think there is. Can anyone clarify the possible mothers for Squall? To be honest I think its Raine cause in the flash back her and Laguna were close and did have a relation. She may not have took him serious then but things could have changed. What about that singer from the hotel? Did Laguna ever go back and make it with her? Its doubtful.

But yeah, if Raine is Ellone and Squalls mother then they are brother and sister. This explains why Squall would ever even call Ellone Sis.

Christmas
07-14-2010, 01:35 PM
I alway thought Ellone should marry Laguna and be Squall's stepmother! :bigsmile:

And so if Squall had something with his stepmother, will things get really complicated? :bigsmile:

EDIT: We should totally have a FF VIII family drama! :bigsmile:

Forsaken Lover
07-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Don't they share the same mother? Raine? Cause a lot of people say there is no blood relation, I think there is. Can anyone clarify the possible mothers for Squall? To be honest I think its Raine cause in the flash back her and Laguna were close and did have a relation. She may not have took him serious then but things could have changed. What about that singer from the hotel? Did Laguna ever go back and make it with her? Its doubtful.

Julia is Rinoa's mother. You learn in Winhill during the flashback that she married General Caraway who we know for sure to be Rinoa's father.

Raine married Laguna and had Squall. You learn about this if you talk to Kiros and Ward during the brief time they're onboard the Ragnarok. Kiros says Squall looks like his mother and thank goodness he doesn't look like his father.

Raine died from complications in childbirth after having Squall.

Ellone was adopted by Raine for a short while but when Raine died and Laguna was nowhere to be found, Ellone was taken to the Orphanage where she looked over Squall and the others.

So Ellone and Squall have no blood relation.

You know, I found a Hentai video on FapLand.Com and a guy in that video smurfs a purple-haired girl that he calls "Sis." Just saying. ;)

Sounds hot.

But seriously, don't people ever wonder why "who's your daddy?" is a common sexual phrase?

Roogle
07-14-2010, 06:55 PM
I recall reading that the intention of the relationship between Squall and Rinoa was to mirror and fulfill the failed relationship of Laguna and Julia.

Shiny
07-15-2010, 02:57 AM
Let's keep it appropriate please. Any posting of hentai sites will be deleted or snipped.

BG-57
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
There are a quite a few women in the game Squall could be involved with, but the game is about romantic destiny among other things, so nobody is ever given a shot other than Rinoa. Not that I don't like them together, just the inevitability of it all bothers me a bit.

I don't care for stepsiblings falling in love, blood relation or not. Even in cute relatively benign stories like Marmalade Boy and Kare Kano end up a little distrubing to me. :eep: