PDA

View Full Version : Death To Rogers

Chemical
07-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Saturday, July 3, 2010 - @ Cellworks Communication Inc. I order a replacement Samsung for the one I lost, I was billed 39.99$ and was told it would arrive via the mail within 2 business days.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 -Still no phone, I call Rogers. The rep on the phone tells me that there is no order. She is later able to find the order and the billing information and sends me to trace & tracking. I wait 30 minutes on hold, they are closed.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - I call trace & tracking, there is no order just a note on my account saying I need the order number. I get bounced to cable because maybe this guy did it through some sister site and it will be on the cable account. I'm on hold. Cable can't find it because it's a wireless device and they don't have that information. I get bounced to wireless. There is no order.

So here I am, 39.99$ +tax in the hole, with no phone and no order for a phone that I've paid for. And now I have to wait till 11:00 am when this Cellworks Communication Inc. to call the jackass that billed me without putting in the order so I can arrange a refund on the account and then call Rogers to have them re-bill me and send me my god damn cell phone I should have had last week.

I hate Rogers. I hate being bounced around. I hate when everyone tells me something different.

Rodarian
07-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Half the time my internet doesn't work.. I keep calling them to fix it and they give me some poor ass excuses or I haven't filed a compliant.... HELLO!! I"M COMPLAINING RIGHT NOW!!! :hot:

Shiny
07-15-2010, 02:45 PM
I was gonna say Mr. Rogers is already dead until I read the OP.

I forgot what the replacement phone thing company is called over here for Verizon, but they're pretty cool. My phone was damaged in the rain so I ordered a new one and then got the same model back, but it worked horribly. I broke it purposely. I asked to be sent a new one, but they said they stopped making that model even though it was fairly new. Wut? So I just asked for a Samsung phone and it came in mail the next day working fine. Point: second time is the charm?

Bunny
07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
My old apartment was a large two bedroom, one bathroom monstrosity with a lot of open space and places to put things everywhere. My girlfriend, her brother and I shared it until he decided to live in the dorms next year and moved out. Our lease ran out on that apartment and we decided to move into a smaller one bedroom, one bathroom apartment in the same building. Literally downstairs from where are old apartment was. I called our ISP in order to set up a change of address service install with them for two days after we began moving into our new apartment.

One and a half weeks after the supposed service install and thirteen different customer service representatives later and we had internet in our apartment. Then they tried charging us a late fee on our old internet because they never deactivated the account. I had to talk to three more people in order to get the entire ordeal settled without being charged and obscene amount of money for internet I hadn't used in almost half a month.

Customer service is retarded.

It should be noted that each call took about 15-20 minutes because I had to give each person my account information, wait while they put me on hold to figure it out, talk to their bosses (or if you listen to Eugene Mirman, smurf each other in the smurf pit that all customer service offices have) and then fight with them over how stupid they are.

It should also be noted that this is one of the better experiences I have had with customer service. I could go into the three month ordeal I had with Hewlett-Packard over getting my laptop fixed two months after I bought it but I won't.

(I've also had to replace my current phone twice because of software issues)

Chemical
07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Totally... Customer Service IS retarded.

And like, they make you sound like YOU'RE the asshole for getting upset. WTF am I supposed to sound like?? Tickle me Elmo??
"Oh! I just got screwed over, A-HEE-HEE-HEE! A-HEE-HEE-HEE! That tickles ;)"

Shorty
07-15-2010, 07:59 PM
The reason things usually get smurfed up is because you have to talk to a million different people to get something done. If there was one person at one point of contact, things would obviously be much simpler.

Also, just to point this out, customer service may be a cesspool is misery, but have you ever had to work in a customer service job? Those people don't want to be there. I realize that's not an excuse for idiocy, but I can tell you that no matter how nice you are or how hard you work to solve something for a customer that is in a :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty situation, 99% of the time there is no thanks that comes from it. I ultimately just feel bad for most of them, unless they are purposefully rude to me. They don't try to go out of their way to screw people.

I am happy to say, however, that most of my experiences with dealing with CSRs has been pleasant. When my blackberry started to malfunction a few weeks ago, I called T-Mobile to have it replaced (it was only eight months old). At first they declined because the moisture sticker on the back was "missing", but after I pressed them a bit, they sent me a new one for free and overnighted me a new phone. Point being, T-Mobile is great.

Slothy
07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Rogers is complete and utter :bou::bou::bou::bou: Chemical, and in more ways than just their call centres or wireless service.

I knew a guy at my last job who routinely was billed twice what he should be almost every month while he had cable and internet with them. He had to call all of the time to get them to reverse the bogus charges. They also have a wonderful tendency to mix around their internet packages in whatever way sees to it that you pay the same price for less service. It happened to me, and a friend of mine was on their fastest service for about two months, then they redid the packages and instead of their fastest service he was chopped down to about half of his previous connection speed and they added a download cap 25GB's, all for the same price he was paying before. If he wanted to go back to what he had before he would have had to pay a fair bit more per month. Suffice it to say he switched carriers almost immediately and I canceled my service not long after as well.

Other companies will find their ways to screw you over, but none do it as frequently or with quite as much skill as Rogers from my experience. It's largely why I will never go to them for any services ever again. Although I will say that their incompetence did work out in my favour once. They managed to not charge me for a digital cable receiver for about a year. In fact, if I hadn't brought it back I'm not sure they would have noticed.

Proxy
07-17-2010, 10:08 PM
This thread just gets me.
They are the most furstrating company to deal with.

rubah
07-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Talking to AT&T is always an exercise in frustration. The bright side is that you really only have to ever talk to them if you're setting up or canceling service (as far as internet is concerned, at least)

Chemical
07-18-2010, 02:02 AM
UPDATE:

So Joe Blow never actually put in an order, he simply put in a "request" when I asked what the difference was I was told....
An Order is sent to shipping, filled, given a tracking number, and sent through the mail.
A Request is sent to shipping, processed, filled, given a tracking number, and sent through the mail.
So basically... The processing part is when the warehouse calls the sales guy back and confirms that the request is to be an order.

WTF IS THE POINT OF THAT??? I PUT IN A REQUEST FOR AN ORDER SO YES I WANT THE ORDER... (Like Rod's "hellllloooo im complaining now!")
Anyways... apparently 5 more business days? we'll see about that though...

Yes.. I feel all of your pain and it fuels me... one day... on day....
*que Gustav Holst - Mars, the bringer of war*

Psychotic
07-23-2010, 08:09 PM
link them to this thread. They will fear that their precious online reputation will be damaged and immediately move to correct your problem.

Or they would've, if I hadn't posted this:

DICKS FARTS HAHAHAHAH THEY'RE ALL BOOBIES!!!! TOUCHING A WOMAN INAPPROPRIATELY!! HEYOOO!

now they just think you're a 12 year old.

Citizen Bleys
07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Totally... Customer Service IS retarded.

And like, they make you sound like YOU'RE the asshole for getting upset. WTF am I supposed to sound like?? Tickle me Elmo??
"Oh! I just got screwed over, A-HEE-HEE-HEE! A-HEE-HEE-HEE! That tickles ;)"

I'd settle for basic civility, but most people calling tech can't even manage that. Especially when the issue they're calling in is pure PEBKAC and 100% their own fault, or when their dumbass neighbor didn't get the necessary permits for their little home improvement project and cut the buried cable because they didn't know it was there. Then I get yelled at because neighbor guy is a dumbass, and screamed at again because I can't get someone out there to fix it sometime in the past. I don't know what people expect when they call for a dispatch. We have a finite number of technicians. They are booked for jobs. They cannot be in more than one place at a time, so when all of the techs are booked for a certain time slot, that time slot is no longer available. I cannot make skilled line engineers out of clay. You want that, talk to God. God does not work for your ISP. That or I'm expected to make it possible for the techs to be in more than one place at a time. Unfortunately, I do not have enough plutonium to generate the 1.21 gigawatts necessary to power the flux capacitor. This, of course, is deemed to be my fault 100% of the time.

If you're calling someone for help, protip: Don't do everything in your power to prevent them from wanting to help you. Ranting and raving and screaming at the person who committed the unpardonable sin of answering your phone call makes them want to provide the bare minimum level of service they can without losing their jobs, and guess what? That's exactly what you're going to get.

Also, we have your address, phone number, etc. One day when someone pisses me off JUST right, I'm going to subscribe their email to dozens of white supremacist mailing lists and then report them to CSIS.

Shoeberto
07-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Talking to AT&T is always an exercise in frustration. The bright side is that you really only have to ever talk to them if you're setting up or canceling service (as far as internet is concerned, at least)
Jebus cripes, yeah. It's not even dealing with customer support that's usually the issue for me - they're usually very friendly and helpful, aside from the odd one or two who've been kinda annoying, and of course the outsourced tech support. What I hate is the goddamn phone menus, since they're all voice driven now. I had to call AT&T about 20 times trying (and failing) to get my service connected properly. I had the phone menu memorized, but I couldn't get through it until I heard all of the schpiel, because if you spoke and interrupted the automated system it wouldn't get your answer and would start over again.
"Hello, I see you are calling from -"
"No."
"I'm sorry, I didn't get that. Is the number you are calling from the one listed on your account?"
"No."
"Okay. Please say, or enter, your - "
*beep bip boop bip beep*
"I'm sorry. I didn't get that. Please say or enter your -"

RAGE. I have to call it again today when I get home to get my account credited that I had turned off and was told wouldn't be charged, after having to call them to do the same thing for *another* account that I was told got lost in the system and never really existed in the first place.

Citizen Bleys
07-26-2010, 10:20 PM
We used to have a voice-activated IVR, but we ragekilled it and reinstated the touch-tone version.

For about a month it would only understand people who spoke in an Oxford accent, and then for a while it would understand better in an Indian accent, and at any point if you shouted at it or cursed, it would send you directly to tech. I believe I've spoken of this before, saying that I didn't like the fact that screaming "cum-guzzling son of a bitch" into the phone could get you directly through to me.

rubah
07-26-2010, 11:03 PM
It's accurate though, no?

Citizen Bleys
07-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Perish, knave