PDA

View Full Version : No materia/Enemy skill only challenge! (Let's play)

FrayzTheUsher
07-16-2010, 12:25 PM
*part 2*
YouTube - Let's play Final Fantasy VII Challenge part 2 (Enemy Skill only/No Materia) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqFnq737dxk)

*part 3*
YouTube - Let's play Final Fantasy VII Challenge part 3 (Enemy Skill only/No Materia) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQdd2qOtWoc)

hey guys! thought some of you might be interested in what im doing. i'll be doing a playthrough of ff7 with commentary with a set of handicaps to make the game harder;

NM- No Materia
ESO- Enemy Skill Only
NE- No Escape from random battles
L1L- Level 1 Limit breaks only allowed

My Party setup goes;
Cloud -who doesen't like cloud
Yuffie -Heal limit break
Aeris - Heal limit break

That coupled with the healing power from potions should keep my party up until White Wind :-]

I don't get enemy skill until shinra HQ, so until then i will be playing as a normal NMNEL1L challenge http://forums.ffshrine.org/images/smilies/tongue.gif. I try an upload atleast a video a day unless i am busy =<. What do you guys think? d/w my commentary will get better over time haha

Stjewy
07-16-2010, 03:28 PM
yesterday I finished my NM challenge :)
wasn't that hard really, I should do something harder next.

FrayzTheUsher
07-16-2010, 03:42 PM
gratz :}

its still pretty early in the game. I could still slap on another handicap :eek:

Stjewy
07-16-2010, 08:10 PM
I think it's gonna be pretty challenging with the only lvl1 limits :)
I only restricted myself to never using materia, and thats it.
so thats the reason why I probably didn't have much trouble.

Mirage
07-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Sounds like it's gonna be really easy if you can use enemy skills.

DarkBahamut
07-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Correct, Mirage ;).

Beta pretty much annihilates the entire 1st disc after you finish the raid against ShinRa Building. And White Wind and Big Guard will guide you through tough battles, so yeah you're good.

FrayzTheUsher
07-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Correct, Mirage ;).

Beta pretty much annihilates the entire 1st disc after you finish the raid against ShinRa Building. And White Wind and Big Guard will guide you through tough battles, so yeah you're good.

It's hard for someone like me that just piles on the stat+ materia :jess:

in any case party 6 is up :p YouTube - Let's play Final Fantasy VII Challenge part 6 (Enemy Skill only/No Materia) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFAGXOCeqgM)

and good god it takes forever to upload HD videos to youtube :<

Goldenboko
07-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Haha, I love reading through these challenge threads! Good luck I look forward to reading your progress!

EDIT: Where it is true, Enemy Skill does kick some ass, it also requires some serious effort to get the good ones. He'll have to get to at least level 20 and then have some good luck to get Beta. That should make the next 1/3 of the game pretty simple. Things will get interesting again by end-game. Especially because, by following this challenge you cannot get White Wind, White Wind requires use of the Control Materia which in a No Materia challenge you are not allowed to use.

Good luck ;)

FrayzTheUsher
07-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Haha, I love reading through these challenge threads! Good luck I look forward to reading your progress!

EDIT: Where it is true, Enemy Skill does kick some ass, it also requires some serious effort to get the good ones. He'll have to get to at least level 20 and then have some good luck to get Beta. That should make the next 1/3 of the game pretty simple. Things will get interesting again by end-game. Especially because, by following this challenge you cannot get White Wind, White Wind requires use of the Control Materia which in a No Materia challenge you are not allowed to use.

Good luck ;)

Tyvm :p

tbh i dont think i will go for beta until i reach costa del sol (where you obtain a ring that nullifies fire damage (yum yum)).

And i am going to be avoiding the manipulate materia completely and still get Big Guard and White Wind! Using an item called "loco weed" than inflicts confusion on enemies, I have never heard of anyone using this strategy and i think it will work :p

Most people overlook the use of status/damage items but i think they are awesome, i already have 13 "bio2 on all opponents" (Deadly Waste). It's a nice addition to your arsenal expecially considering it will take me a while for my party to all get an enemy skill materia each =p

Tokimadoushi
07-21-2010, 08:17 AM
What about only using initial weapons? :cool:

FrayzTheUsher
07-21-2010, 09:56 AM
I dont think it will really matter, expecially after i get everyone there enemy skill materia they will very rarely use physical attacks :p