PDA

View Full Version : None of my web browsers will launch.

Jessweeee♪
07-17-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm in Firefox's safe mode because that's the only thing that will work. Whenever I try to launch Opera, Firefox, or IE, nothing happens. After about ten minutes of waiting to see if my computer is just insanely close I open up task manager and end the process. I have no fucking clue what it is that's stopping all three browsers, but I want my ad block and no script back. THE INTERNET IS BURNING MY EYES WITHOUT THEM.

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2010, 06:00 PM
The problem seems to have magically solved itself. No amount of updating and restarting and disabling could get anything to work yesterday, but everything is super dandy today.

Old Manus
07-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm glad we could help

Jessweeee♪
07-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Good because it's not fixed after all. It is happening again. It seems to be completely random. Virus scan turns up nothing.

Christmas
07-20-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm glad we could help
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100416091449/snk/images/c/cd/Marspeoplemakai.gif

Good because it's not fixed after all. It is happening again. It seems to be completely random. Virus scan turns up nothing.

So is my comp. I think it magically fix by itself too. It stop freezing everytime when I first boot it. Then again, I had no idea when it will come back again. It is so random, I tried virus and spyware scan and turn up nothing too. Maybe yours is a hardware problem? :bigsmile:

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2010, 06:30 PM
I disabled every addon and plugin on firefox except for a couple and now all of my browsers are working fine. Suddenly there is something called "predictad" on literally every website I visit when I check NoScript. Anyone know what that is?

Rantz
07-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Yahoo! Answers India to the rescue? (http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100317224407AAAE97k)

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2010, 12:39 AM
I can't find anything at all in my addons that looks anything like that. I wonder if it was snuck in with an update of one of my usual addons?

EDIT: I searched and some people are saying they removed it from their computer through Add/Remove programs, but it doesn't seem to appear there, either. I have NoScript blocking it, so it's not doing anything annoying at the moment (besides existing).