PDA

View Full Version : Suspense

Hythloday
07-17-2010, 09:49 PM
So I got into entering graphic design competitions recently, and after a couple of submissions and back and forth one of my (potential) clients has told me it's between me and one other design. I've been watching the timer count down for 3 hours now, just hoping they've decided. It's quite awful.

...AND THEN YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT BEING IN SUSPENSE AND WE CONVERSE!

rubah
07-18-2010, 12:27 AM
I had to wait for someone to call me so i could go pick them up and have fun times! But between finishing reading all my internet sites I could conceivably finish reading in the short time i had and her calling me, I was very on edge xD HATE waiting!

Christmas
07-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh this remind me of the interview I went for my new job! I had to wait a month or so before I can get the final confirmation whether I will be accepted! :(

I swear my hair almost turned white during the time when I was waiting for the result! :(

I was thinking of cosplaying as Sephiroth during that time though! :bigsmile:

xXsarahXx
07-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Ughhh i hate being in suspense!

10 months ago i injured my back at work and had to quit my job as they were putting me under a lot of pressure to return when i just didnt feel ready (good old NHS looking after the patients but not giving a toss about their nurses...).

I now feel fine to start my new nursing job in a different hospital but im waiting on confirmation from my doctor that im actually fit to go back to work.

Waiting for this is making me soooooooooo nervous and it could be another 2 weeks yet before I get a result! How am I going to cope?!

Rodarian
07-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Playing hide and seek is suspenseful.... Makes me wanna pee real badly and wanting me to make mad dash to the toilet and not get caught!:exdee:

Clo
07-18-2010, 11:25 PM
I hate it when you say something important to someone via a slower medium, ie texting, email, IM, and you have to wait for the dreaded reply.

This is why I prefer face-to-face.

G13
07-19-2010, 08:49 AM
^This.

My ex always wanted to talk over text rather than on the phone, especially when we were fighting. It's annoying as all hell waiting up to five minutes for a response. Turns a 5-10 minute tiff into a 3 hour war.

Psychotic
07-23-2010, 08:18 PM
oh god I'm making a reply to this thread and I am in suspense as to whether or not somebody will QUOTE MY POST!!!