PDA

View Full Version : Remember your first time?

ScottyRedXIII
07-18-2010, 07:18 PM
i still remember the first time i completed FF X, it was the first FF i finished and is my second favorite. Any one else remember?

I cant under stand why so many people hate this game. It had the best battle system, one of the best story lines, one of the best songs to be played in a FF game (Otherworld by Nobuo Uematsu) and THE most bad ass character ever Auron.

I wish i could play thus game again, but i cant, my faggot PS3 doesn't have playback (stupid 80gig) and my ps2 had vanished :(

leftay
07-18-2010, 07:28 PM
this was the first FF I ever played and I found it very difficult O_O
I think I was 10 when i played this o.o and I was TERRIBLE..it took me months to get past the Mi'ihen Highroad. ;____; but i eventually finished the game and kept playing because of the great storyline, music, and the sphere grid! :D

Crop
07-19-2010, 12:45 AM
The first time I completed it the game froze mid-way through the end story. I was peeved so I went back and completed it again, it worked and it was cherry baby!

Jessweeee♪
07-19-2010, 05:14 AM
It was pretty awesome. I got the game for my fourteenth birthday along with a bunch of candy. I just sat there chompin' away on my buckets of candy while playing it all wide eyed like "this is awesoooooome." :mymelomfg:

The Man
07-19-2010, 06:40 AM
The battle system is boring until you can unlock the different paths on the sphere grid. If they had allowed you to advance more quickly it would've been a much more interesting game because there would've been a lot more strategy in planning how your characters worked. However, apart from that it's one of the better battle systems in the FF series.

However, the story and characters are somewhat subpar for the series in my opinion. While I can't entirely oppose any story that suggests people should question authority (especially religious authority), it was kind of lackluster. The characters probably would've been a lot better if some of the voice actors hadn't been so bland, but alas. Thanks to the voice acting Tidus basically came out as whine-whine-whine and that kind of ruined a lot of the enjoyment I would've otherwise had of this game.

Christmas
07-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Actually I played FF X-2 first rather then FF X so when I completed it, I was like, "Oh, this is what happened." :bigsmile:

PS: You can try downloading a PS2 Emulator to play if you want. :bigsmile:

Loony BoB
07-19-2010, 11:23 AM
I enjoyed it okay, I suppose, but the leading two characters grated on me to extreme levels. I didn't mind the other characters, but Yuna and Tidus are probably the characters I've liked least of all the FF series' playable characters. I remember trying to do certain things and sucking at them despite everyone else seemingly having no problem (chocobo balloon thing hi) and remember me having absolutely no problem with other things that people seemingly struggled with (lightning thing). I didn't mind Blitzball that much, for a minigame it was one of the more involving ones out there.

In short, my first play gave me thoughts that have stuck with me since. I still enjoy the gameplay and I still dislike the lead characters. I think I played it after most other people played it - I bought the Platinum Edition of the Internationl version.

Crossblades
07-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Although I played through this game twice, I've completed it only once, and it was a couple of years ago. All I remember is breezing through the final boss(I did some heavy grinding in the Omega Ruins). It's not my favorite FF, but I still enjoyed playing it nonetheless, and I want to play it again someday.

Nominus Experse
07-19-2010, 09:37 PM
efw3

BG-57
07-20-2010, 02:48 AM
One of the best endings to any FF game, ever. Just the right mix of hope and despair. It's a great game, but has its share of silly moments.

Actually I played FF X-2 first rather then FF X so when I completed it, I was like, "Oh, this is what happened." :bigsmile:

Y'know I've always wondered what anyone who played them out of order thought about X-2 without comparing it to X. How did it fare as a stand alone game?

Toni
08-14-2010, 08:23 AM
People who hate this game aren't people. That's it. :P
No seriously... I wasn't aware there were people that actually disliked this game... I guess I'm just shallow. XD

Logie
08-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I remember! It was the first game I ever finished and because of that, as well as the somewhat sad ending, I ended up having a slight cry. XD Blitzball is what stands out for me in retrospect.

RPGCreator
08-15-2010, 10:14 PM
I still remember my first comment after completing Final Fantasy X:
"Was that really a final boss?"
I was pretty disappointed with that fact, but I donīt think the game is bad. It had a lot of nice moments and the FMV scenes were really wonderful. :cool:

ScottyRedXIII
08-16-2010, 02:08 PM
I still remember my first comment after completing Final Fantasy X:
"Was that really a final boss?"
I was pretty disappointed with that fact, but I donīt think the game is bad. It had a lot of nice moments and the FMV scenes were really wonderful. :cool:

Yeah it was a bit easy, but so was Sephiroth in FFVII but that's voted the best of the series, so it don't matter to much =)

Flying Arrow
08-17-2010, 10:17 PM
My first time was odd. I'd gotten the game used with my new PS2 (also used) after a couple year hiatus from the series (without a PS2, there was nowhere to go after IX). I had huge hopes, as the trailers and footage I'd seen made me feel like I was in for a beautiful and sublime adventure on par with my first go-around with VII.

At first I was astounded by the graphics and the smoothness of the battle system. The story really got off on a good foot, too, and Besaid Island was hard to not love (it's gorgeous). As the game went on I was enjoying it enough, but every time I'd go to turn it on, I'd get this niggling feeling that I really didn't feel like playing..

At around Mushroom Rock Road I started getting tired of the (what I found to be) dull environments, the straightish-ness of the maps, and the constant interruptions from party members. The now notorious laughing bit was painful, and it became a running joke between my cousin (7) and myself for a long time. The scene couldn't have fallen more flat. Square always had a certain badness in their dialogue (poor localization and what not), but the full-on VA really made it that more pronounced. After Guadosalam I almost put the game down for good not being able to get past how bored I was. I eventually toughed it out and found it to be not as bad as I'd thought, but still not very good. Over-all thoughts: lots of wasted potential.

I played the thing again a couple of years ago when I was doing a playthrough of all the post-VII games to get hyped for XII. Still didn't like it much, and still am surprised that Square would make the jump to the PS2 only to make X's adventure smaller and less interesting than its PS1 predecessors.

ScottyRedXIII
08-18-2010, 12:07 AM
^^ i agree with you about the laughing bit nearly strangled myself with the controllers wire

Shiny
08-18-2010, 03:53 AM
I don't remember what age I was when I first completed it, but I know I was in middle school. I remember the next day I was so eager to spoil it too. It was hard to contain, but I know a few of my other friends hadn't beaten it yet, so I didn't say too much about it other then that it was AMAZING.

Carnage-
08-18-2010, 05:54 AM
I remember my first time...in the back of a minivan right after a party in some random forest...good times.

Mirage
08-20-2010, 02:56 AM
It had a neat ending but a really boring battle system.

DMKA
08-26-2010, 03:51 PM
It's probably my second or third favorite of the series but it has the least appealing battle system to me.

The summoning system is awesome though, and I liked how FFXIII attempted to immitate it.

Nifleheim7
08-27-2010, 01:27 AM
The first time i saw FFX was at a friend's house and he played it for an hour or so...We saw the "making of" DVD as well as the "Suteki Da Ne" video clip.I was blown away...the graphics and the music were incredible...I didn't know what to think of its battle system though.

Then after some time i played the game myself (it was a rental money were short back then) so i moved on a bit faster and finally got stuck in Macalania underlevelled with the first Seymour battle.By then i was obsessed with the game and after a couple of months i finally bought it and started again from the beginning.I ended up enjoying the battle system,i think it was an interesting change for the series.Actually i wouldn't mind seeing it return for a main FF or for a spin-off...I also liked a lot the Sphere Grid.I think,to this day,it remains the best leveling system in any FF (i haven't played FFXI and FFXIII).

I remember how i was waking up early in the morning to play it,and i really had to force myself to stop playing it.:pIt must have been a nightmare for my roomate back then,hehe.:D
Unfortunately i find it harder and harder to be immersed with new games as much as i did with FFX.

Rebellious Eagle
08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
It was the first game I ever played on my PS2, and I loved it. So much. It's still ranked as one of my favorite FFs. I just remembered that I cried at the end. xD Probably because I didn't want it to be over.

Christmas
12-15-2022, 11:08 AM
One of the best endings to any FF game, ever. Just the right mix of hope and despair. It's a great game, but has its share of silly moments.

Y'know I've always wondered what anyone who played them out of order thought about X-2 without comparing it to X. How did it fare as a stand alone game?

12 years late but it was a much better experience. I really preferred the X-2 combat and leveling system compared to X's.