PDA

View Full Version : Where the smurf IS IT!

Goldenboko
07-18-2010, 09:17 PM
I hate losing things. I've been looking for my wallet all day, and I'm starting to flip out. :mad2: WHERE THE FUCK IS IT!!!

What have you lost/found recently?

NorthernChaosGod
07-18-2010, 09:22 PM
My virgi- I mean, I don't lose things.

Peegee
07-18-2010, 09:31 PM
lol I put trackers on everything but it's okay because taht means i can find it when i lose it. yay :D

I want a piplup pokeball =)

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvz63yQytr1qanrnco1_400.jpg

Clo
07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
My virgi- I mean, I don't lose things.

I wanted to say what he wanted to say.

Laddy
07-18-2010, 09:54 PM
My corgi went for a walk, but she came back! I found her!

Bunny
07-18-2010, 09:56 PM
My sanity.

Christmas
07-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Professor Solomon,
Finder of Lost Objects

Hi, I’m Professor Solomon, author of How to Find Lost Objects (featured on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and published by Penguin Books), and creator of an AMAZING METHOD for finding lost objects.

Have you lost something? Have you misplaced your keys, wallet, or other vital possession? Is it hiding from you, somewhere in your home or office? Well, I can help you find it.

How? By running you through my method. Interested? Okay, let’s go—let’s find your lost object!

<hr>

1. One of the most common recovery areas for lost objects is the automobile. Your object may simply be lying on the car seat where you left it. Or it may have become wedged between cushions, or have fallen on the floor. If you were traveling in an automobile, check these places.

2. Instead of being where it’s supposed to be, your object may be where something else is supposed to be. What happened was a mental lapse, in which one routine motion got substituted for another. For example, your scissors are normally kept in a jar on the kitchen counter; but mindlessly you returned them to the tool drawer.

3. What were you wearing when you last remember having the object? Think back, then go search the pockets of those clothes. And be meticulous—search every pocket. The one you skip could be the one you’re after.

4. Are you one of those people who like to sprawl on the sofa? And your wallet—which you carry in a pants pocket—is missing? Maybe it fell out on the sofa. Go look.
It should be noted that dropping things is not the same as misplacing them: no lapse of memory is involved. So if a set of keys has fallen from your pocket, or an earring from your ear, most of the Principles will not be relevant. One that will be, however, is “Tail Thyself.” Simply follow your trail about the house, closely examining the floor, stairs, seat cushions, etc.

5. To reduce the likelihood of a misplacement, and to facilitate any searches that become necessary, keep your home neat and orderly. Remember the maxim: A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE.

<hr>

The Twelve Principles
My method is based on what I call the Twelve Principles—a set of precepts designed to lead you directly to any lost object. Like a bloodhound!

The Twelve Principles are:

1. Don’t Look for It
2. It’s Not Lost—You Are
3. Remember the Three C’s
4. It’s Where It’s Supposed to Be
5. Domestic Drift
6. You’re Looking Right at It
7. The Camouflage Effect
8. Think Back
9. Look Once, Look Well
10. The Eureka Zone
11. Tail Thyself
12. It Wasn’t You

These Principles are the core of my method. So—let’s get right into them.

Let’s find that missing object of yours!

Rodarian
07-19-2010, 08:03 AM
Oh man there have been periods where I've been extremely forgetful... I've misplaced money plus lost one of my ipods :(

Iceglow
07-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Oh man there have been periods where I've been extremely forgetful... I've misplaced money plus lost one of my ipods :(

Thats not forgetful thats just you going to a bar and getting wrecked...

I don't lose things, I'm like that.

Imperfectionist
07-19-2010, 09:41 AM
I was cleaning my jewellery earlier and I kept dropping earrings on the floor, they are so hard to find! They bounce off really far and they're hard to see on my carpet and it took me ages to find each one :(

Rodarian
07-19-2010, 10:39 AM

:P Just wait till we hit the bars together... :jess:

NorthernChaosGod
07-19-2010, 03:33 PM

:P Just wait till we hit the bars together... :jess:

Stop coming onto him.

Goldenboko
07-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Turns out my friend took it thinking it was his. Too bad by the time he called me I froze everything in it. Gotta go to bank now ;-;

Psychotic
07-23-2010, 08:20 PM
I lost my virginity the other day. Guy also took my wallet and my shoes. I got a free funny-smelling rag out of it though so it's all good.

~*~Celes~*~
07-27-2010, 10:10 AM
i'm forever losing things. D;

Bunny
07-27-2010, 10:14 AM
I lost my virginity the other day. Guy also took my wallet and my shoes. I got a free funny-smelling rag out of it though so it's all good.

So that's where you disappeared to. Why didn't anyone guess that in your Missing Persons thread?

escobert
07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
I lose my phone all the time. I lost it the other night but someone found it for me!

Meat Puppet
07-27-2010, 12:58 PM
How do you lose five million dollars

Zeldy
07-27-2010, 03:53 PM
I've lost soo many mobile phones. I lost my fancy one ages ago, so was using a friend's old one, finally got round to getting a replacement (literally on Friday) and then went out round town on the night and lost it again.

I swear to god. :mad2: IM BACK TO BEING PHONELESS.

Goldenboko
07-27-2010, 04:16 PM
I've lost soo many mobile phones. I lost my fancy one ages ago, so was using a friend's old one, finally got round to getting a replacement (literally on Friday) and then went out round town on the night and lost it again.

You best not buy an iphone, you aren't allow insurance on those fuckers :monster:

NorthernChaosGod
07-28-2010, 02:49 PM

Maybe drink a tad less. :p

boris no no
07-28-2010, 05:58 PM
I lost eoff once, but then I found it in a chest. Good times