PDA

View Full Version : Make Up A Job

Biukin
07-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Ok throughout the entire Final Fantasy Series It seems that people have certain jobs such as (cloud-Soldier, Cid-Dragoon etc.)
so lets make up our own jobs kinda like the FFT way

ok ill start

Blasphamer? i dont know how to spell
Skills: Dark Magic(dark,Blind,etc.), False Profet(gain strength and haste but only for 3 turns then you turn to stone)
Equp:Whips and knives
Req:Red mage LVL 3, Black Mage LVL 8, White Mage LVL 3
Have fun and dont do drugs

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2010, 06:37 PM
*moved to FFT paradise*

The one class I would love to see in something like the FFT series is the Riskbreaker class which is what Ashley Riot was in Vagrant Story.

His command would be Break Arts which sacrifice HP depending on what weapon he has equipped.

Counter would be Dark Art - which at the cost of 10% of MP, he would counter with a Non-Elemental magic attack which can activate from any attack. The nasty thing is the attack has a Drain effect meaning it restores the classes HP (hence the reason it has a MP cost)

Support would be HP Boost 20% and Critical: Risk Art - when knocked to 10% or lower of health, character gets a 20% boost in Attack, Defense, Evasion, and Magic.

Movement would be, MP to HP - where everywhere the person walks, 10% of his MP is sacrificed to restore 10% of his HP.

Skyblade
07-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Ok throughout the entire Final Fantasy Series It seems that people have certain jobs such as (cloud-Soldier, Cid-Dragoon etc.)
so lets make up our own jobs kinda like the FFT way

ok ill start

Blasphamer? i dont know how to spell
Skills: Dark Magic(dark,Blind,etc.), False Profet(gain strength and haste but only for 3 turns then you turn to stone)
Equp:Whips and knives
Req:Red mage LVL 3, Black Mage LVL 8, White Mage LVL 3
Have fun and dont do drugs

This is a nice idea, but I'm going to restructure it just a little.

Class: Heretic
A-Abilitiess: Blasphemy
Reaction: Faithless

The Blasphemy ability set focuses on dark and debilitating magics. Its primary damage dealers are Dark, Darkra, and Darkga. Most of its other spells are status oriented, and include the ability to effect enemies with Blind and Doom, and even the rare Zombie status (though this prevents the target by being damaged by the Heretic's Dark spells, and thus must be used intelligently). The most unique ability is the ability False Prophet, which imbues the Heretic with Haste, Magic^, No MP Cost (to make sure it's a buff worth getting at the cost of Doom), and Doom. Faithless is a powerful reaction ability that negates magical damage done to the Heretic, but also negates healing.

For the prerequisites you gave, I don't recall FFT actually having a Red Mage class. For the FFTA style games, I'd go with 6 Black Mage abilities, only, and make it a Nu Mou and Hume race specific job.

Wolfe, your class may only use MP for Reactions and Support, but it is still going to tear through MP like crazy at 10% per action.

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2010, 10:20 AM
The class has to burn through HP to use its abilites so the mp needs to be sacrificed to keep his HP up. The class, oddly enough, shows off my play-style that being one something based off a blitzkrieg philosophy. Basically hit them fast and hit them hard. :D

Biukin
07-20-2010, 10:05 PM
For the prerequisites you gave, I don't recall FFT actually having a Red Mage class. For the FFTA style games, I'd go with 6 Black Mage abilities, only, and make it a Nu Mou and Hume race specific job.

I didnt mean just in FFT i ment the style of how you would set it up you know how its *NINJA* PRE-Archer Lvl3 Thief Lvl4 and Geomancer Lvl2 well that is what i ment but can have used any job in the series you knwo sorry if that was confusing :dona:

FFIX Choco Boy
07-21-2010, 12:10 AM
My idea wouldn't really fit into the *kid friendly* area, but since FFTA2 introduced the Seeq, I think I'm fine.

Job name:
Torturer or Interrogator

Primary Abilities:
Torture or Interrogate - uses abilities that cause fear, disable, immobilize, blind, or silence. These abilities have an average damage output like the elementalist spells, but are melee only and have average mana costs. These are not based on weapon stats.

Reactions:
Deflect - if attacker is adjacent to the character, and there is another enemy adjacent to character, causes the blow to be deflected to hit other enemy. If no other enemy present, does not activate.
Chastise - Counter attacks the attacker with a random status effect from the five abilities can cause. 100% hit chance? Not sure about this.

Supports:
Clarity of Mind - Prevents blind, silence, disable, immobilize, and fear.
Secrets - Generates a 10% chance that abilities will cause another random status effect from the 4 remaining. 20% chance? Idk what to set it at, but 50% would be really over powered.

Stats:
Move - 4
Jump - 3
Eva - 0

Level Progression Stats:
HP - +13
MP - +4
Attack - +6
Def - +4

Types of Equipment:
Weapons - Daggers, Whips, Thrown Weapons, and Twined Wires.
Armor - Medium Armors
Shield - No

Races - Hume, Bangaa

Saber
07-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow I could go all day with this. Red Mage, Gambler, Paladin, but I'll go ahead and aim at gambler.

Class : Gambler

Weapon type : Gambler tools (toys, such as dice and cards)

Prerequisite Classes : Thief lv 8, time mage lv 2, squire level 4

Base stats : move 2, jump 3, speed 6, evade 6

Basic Skill set : Attack Reels, Element Reels, Status Reels, Bonus Reels, Roll Dice, Roulette.

Support - equip toys

Support - JP x3

Reaction - Magic Guard (this class can not be hit with magic, even cure)

Movement - Move +CT (if you move your gambler after attacking you get a x10 on how many spaces you moved. So if you move three spaces you get 30 CT. It makes the gambler faster)

I feel I have to edit my post and explain a few things.

First, the attack reel is single targeted with a maximum hit of 9 hits. 3 reels with [miss] [1 attack] [2 attack] and [3 attack].

The elemental reels is also single targeted and more advanced as each of the three reels holds 8 elements, fire, ice, thunder, water, earth, wind, light, dark. It works like wakka's did in final fantasy X. Elemental reels are also single targeted with a single elemental fused blow.

The bonus reels are not focused on anything. Each time you use it you have a chance of gaining special bonuses after battle. The Reels are, [double items] [double money] [triple money] or miss. The thing about this is that you have to match them all up. Meaning three of a kind or nothing at all.

Roll dice is like cait siths limit break in FFVII. You get a select number of dice depending on your level 9 being the highest at level 90+. It rolls them and multiplies the amount by 2. Meaning you will only get a max of 108 damage from them at being level 90+. They are a sure go though as they have no wait time.

Also there is roulette. Much like final fantasy VII's enemy skill. Once being used it selects randomly through everyone on field and killing the one the marker lands on.

Hope this clarifies any questions.

Skyblade
07-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Job: Duelist
Race: *Unique job, specific to Gilgamesh*
A-Ability Set: Legend Sword
Support: Multi-Wield (can equip up to three different weapons, including two handed weapons, at one time. Only one of his weapons can be stolen or broken per battle)
Reaction: Riposte (Counters attack with a flurry of blows, striking all surrounding targets)
Equipment: Swords, Greatswords, Broadswords, Knightswords, Spears, All Armor/Headgear (except female specific).

Gilgamesh's Duelist job uses the Legend Sword ability to inflict multiple attacks with all his weapons. Most of his abilities often gain additional effects as more weapons are equipped.

Element Strike, for example, hits with Holy Damage, then Dark Damage, with two weapons equipped, and with three it does a third hit that does Magic Damage.

Status Strike deals damage with each weapon and inflicts Poison, Blind, and Silence on the target.

Taunting Strike deals damage with the first weapon normally, the second weapon damages and inflicts Berserk on the target, while the third damages and inflicts Charm.

Excalibur deals one damage for each of the first two hits, then massive damage with the third weapon's final strike.

Claim Weapon lets him steal the weapon from an opponent who has fallen in battle, provided he can use that weapon type, and has space to equip another weapon.

Imbue applies the Haste, Shell, and Protect buffs to Gilgamesh.

Fly Enkidu strikes all enemies in an area with Gilgamesh's companion, dealing extra physical damage, but not including his weapons Atk in the damage calculation.

Gilgamesh is designed as a boss you'll fight a couple times. His abilities do get weakened if you steal or break one of his weapons (especially Excalibur), so that will help. He has two strategies open to him. He can inflict statuses to wear you down (Berserk is a painful one, since it opens you up to his powerful counterattacks), or just dish out heavy damage with his damaging strikes. Fly Enkidu gives him a long range attack with a large area of effect, so playing keep away won't keep you totally safe. And be careful not to leave characters dead if you do remove one of his weapons, because he'll claim one of theirs if he can.

Biukin
07-23-2010, 07:00 AM
wow this is going great and i really liked the whole make up the boss job good thinking love the gambler and the Torturer or Interrogator good stuff lets see if we can get anymore

Green Mage-(Female)
EQP-Daggers, Staffs, and Rods
ARM-Robes Female Clothes(Barette,Ribbon etc.)
PRE-Black Mage Lvl 3, Time Mage Lvl 4, Calculator Mastered, White Mage Lvl 5, Oracle Lvl 7
Abilities-Aero,Dark Holy,Giga Flare,Stop Braclet
Aero-Radius 4 Vert 2 Wind damage (45-78 Lvl 5)
Dark Holy-FFT version
Giga Flare-FFT version
Stop Braclet-Instant Death

Slothy
07-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Class: Centurion

Weapon type: Short swords, spears, shields, light armour

Base stats: Not sure about stats, but I'm thinking a decent attack and defense with a mid range movement. They get a +2 movement range when moving on flat ground, paths, roads, that sort of thing.

Skills:
- Defend which doubles the chance of blocking an attack from the front and counter attack the enemy if adjacent to them
- Throw javelin - overlaps a bit with Ninja's I suppose, but they'd be able to throw stocked Javelin's up to three squares away. Maybe Javelin's could be an equippable item that only they can throw but can't be re-equipped mid battle (max of two equipped at a time).

Support:
- Phalanx - increases the odds of blocking a frontal attack by 20% when adjacent to another Centurion not using Defend and a slightly smaller chance when using Defend.
- Double time - When an enemy is within 3 squares, the Centurion uses half as much of whatever the time gauge is called in the game (can't believe I'm blanking on that) when ending their movement adjacent to the enemy.
- Strength of the Legion - Successful melee attacks deal 10% more damage for each friendly Centurion adjacent to the attacking Centurion

Basically the idea behind Centurions is to make them a lot stronger when working together but vulnerable from behind, and to magical attacks as well. They'd also be a bit of a risky proposition in combat since using them to their fullest potential obviously requires fewer of other classes making them difficult to support adequately.

This was kind of fun. I've never looked to military history to try and develop a class or unit for a game before (which is a pretty big oversight on my part in retrospect). Most of the time I look for strategy gaps or potential weaknesses to be exploited and fill them in fun and interesting ways. I think this class would be pretty fun to use in a Tactics game though.

LunarWeaver
07-24-2010, 06:44 PM
job: :quina:

ability: eat everyone

Del Murder
07-26-2010, 11:37 PM
^ Best job ever.

VeloZer0
07-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Ok, here we go. I haven't played any TA or TA2 so if any of these are too close you can bite me.

Rune Knight
Before the religion of Ajora swept the land and brought about the orders of Dark, Holy, Divine and Shrine knights for the purpose of fighting other humans there existed an order of knights focusing their skills on elemental sword techniques for the end of protecting humans from monsters.
Equips: Same junk all other knights equip
Abilities: Elemental Sword Skill
Fire Wave
Range: 4 (Directions)
Elemental Fire Attack
Ice Storm
Elemental Ice Attack
Thunder Bolt
Elemental Thunder Attack
Earthquake
Range: Self Target: 2
Earth Elemental Attack
Tornado
Range: 4 Target: 1
Air Elemental Attack

Counter Skills
Adaptation
Increases defense based on difference between attacker and defenders equipped weapon. (Ie good against monsters/monks, useless against knights/ninjas)

Support Ability
Inner Peace *Innate*
Will stay K.O.ed indefinately, never turning into a crystal
Fire Elemental Attack
Makes weapon attacks ice elemental
Ice Elemental Attack
Makes weapon attacks fire elemental (in the spirit of the original translation)
Thunder Elemental Attack
Makes weapon attacks thunder elemental

Move Ability
Preparation
Move through all terrain with no impediment next turn if you end the current turn on movement impeding terrain

---

Hunter
I thought bow users were really underutilized so I made another class. Turns out I had enough abilities for two
Equips: Archer stuff
Abilities: Hunt
Warp Shot
Arrow bypasses all obstacles on the way to the target. Regular damage
Skewer Shot
Arrow damages ALL units on the way to and behind the target. Bonus damage
Head Shot
Chance at dealing 100% of the targets HP, or missing
Trick Shot
One shot splits into 5 dealing damage to 5 panels in an + shape. All 5 arrows have to make it to the target area independently. (Ie some can be impeded by terrain while others make it through)

Counter Skills
Retreat
When targeted by any attack with a range of 1 you get +1 move on your next turn. It stacks and can be triggered by allies
Retain Charge
When hit by a magic attack your next shot is imbued with that spell dealing bonus damage or adding the status effect. You still take regular damage/status from the spell you were hit with

Support Ability
Ranged Poach *Innate*
Enemies are poached when killed by ranged weapons
Long Draw *Innate*
Increases bow damage
Long Shot
Increase range of all abilities by 1. (Doesn't affect abilities with a range of 1)

Move Ability
High Ground
Increase move by 2 if targeted panel is higher than current panel

---

Tracker
Other half of the abilities I thought of for archers. Adds some ability of defense to the rush attack style of FFT combat.
Equips: Archer stuffs
Abilities: Trap (traps can only be deployed on adjacent squares or the square you are currently standing on. ANY unit will set them off if they stop on them, and the innate ability causes them to detonate if they are traversed at all)
Steel Needle
Same map trap you know and love, just with more damage
Sleeping Gas
Same map trap you know and love, just with a chance of resisting it
Game Trap
Chance to instantly poach a monster enemy. Lower total current HP=higher % chance. (i.e. it is easier to poach strong animals than weak ones)
Magnet Trap
Reduces move by 1 for every metal item equipped. If you are standing on it and you have a move of 0 you can only move 1 square. If you set it off in mid travel chances are it will stop you in your tracks, and you have it affect your next turn.
Explosive Trap
Damage trap. Damages all units next to it as well.
Detonate
Attacks a trap to cause it to detonate and extend it's area of effect by a range of 1.

Counter Skills
Ambush
Drop 3 Steel Needle traps in a row (one on you and two beside) when taking HP damage)
Last Act
Detonate all traps on the map when K.O.ed
Slewfoot
Causes slow on any unit targeting you with an attack. Range: 1

Support Ability
Tripwire *innate*
Traps are detonated by being stopped on OR traversed across.
Detect Traps
You can see all of your traps and any enemy traps within a range of 4. (If you equip traps on another class you can't see them without this ability)

Move Ability
Ignore Traps
No brainer for a class like this.

---

Arcanist
In retrospect this just makes it even more disadvantageous to have a mixed physical magical party and was probably a bad idea.
Equips: Mage stuff
Abilities: Align (attempts to apply alignment to all units on the map. Kind of like astrology)
Align Physical
Increase effect of physical skills
Displace Physical
Decrease effect of physical skills
Align Magic
Increase effect of magic skills
Displace Magic
Decrease effect of magic skills
Align Ice
Makes units weak to Ice
Align Fire
Makes units weak to Fire
Align Thunder
Makes units weak to Thunder

Counter Skills
Phase Out
Enemy has effect of next move used reduced by 50%

Support Ability
Magic Field *innate*
Increase effectiveness of magic abilities for adjacent allies
Physical Field *innate*
Increase effectiveness of physical abilities for adjacent allies
Steady State
Makes unit immune to Alignment spells

Move Ability
Hermit
Increase MA for every panel not moved in your turn. (Yes thats right, a reward for NOT moving. Only good idea in this whole class)

Skyblade
07-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Ok, here we go. I haven't played any TA or TA2 so if any of these are too close you can bite me.

Rune Knight
Before the religion of Ajora swept the land and brought about the orders of Dark, Holy, Divine and Shrine knights for the purpose of fighting other humans there existed an order of knights focusing their skills on elemental sword techniques for the end of protecting humans from monsters.
Equips: Same junk all other knights equip
Abilities: Elemental Sword Skill
Fire Wave
Elemental Fire Attack
Ice Storm
Elemental Ice Attack
Thunder Bolt
Elemental Thunder Attack
Earthquake
Range: Self Target: 2
Earth Elemental Attack
Tornado
Range: 4 Target: 1
Air Elemental Attack

Counter Skills
Adaptation
Increases defense based on difference between attacker and defenders equipped weapon. (Ie good against monsters/monks, useless against knights/ninjas)

Support Ability
Inner Peace *Innate*
Will stay K.O.ed indefinately, never turning into a crystal
Fire Elemental Attack
Makes weapon attacks ice elemental
Ice Elemental Attack
Makes weapon attacks fire elemental (in the spirit of the original translation)
Thunder Elemental Attack
Makes weapon attacks thunder elemental

Move Ability
Preparation
Move through all terrain with no impediment next turn if you end the current turn on movement impeding terrain

---

Explain the range on those elemental abilities a little more, they didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Hunter
I thought bow users were really underutilized so I made another class. Turns out I had enough abilities for two
Equips: Archer stuff
Abilities: Hunt
Warp Shot
Arrow bypasses all obstacles on the way to the target. Regular damage
Skewer Shot
Arrow damages ALL units on the way to and behind the target. Bonus damage
Head Shot
Chance at dealing 100% of the targets HP, or missing
Trick Shot
One shot splits into 5 dealing damage to 5 panels in an + shape. All 5 arrows have to make it to the target area independently. (Ie some can be impeded by terrain while others make it through)

Counter Skills
Retreat
When targeted by any attack with a range of 1 you get +1 move on your next turn. It stacks and can be triggered by allies
Retain Charge
When hit by a magic attack your next shot is imbued with that spell dealing bonus damage or adding the status effect. You still take regular damage/status from the spell you were hit with

Support Ability
Ranged Poach *Innate*
Enemies are poached when killed by ranged weapons
Long Draw *Innate*
Increases bow damage
Long Shot
Increase range of all abilities by 1. (Doesn't affect abilities with a range of 1)

Move Ability
High Ground
Increase move by 2 if targeted panel is higher than current panel

---

Hunter is a class from FFTA and FFTA2. Basically a heavier archer more focused on direct damage than debilitating enemies (which Archers did with their various Aim abilities). Also, in TA and TA2, abilities, even weapon abilities, automatically negate terrain obstacles. Only normal attacks can be blocked by terrain. Some nice ideas in this one, though.

Tracker
Other half of the abilities I thought of for archers. Adds some ability of defense to the rush attack style of FFT combat.
Equips: Archer stuffs
Abilities: Trap (traps can only be deployed on adjacent squares or the square you are currently standing on. ANY unit will set them off if they stop on them, and the innate ability causes them to detonate if they are traversed at all)
Steel Needle
Same map trap you know and love, just with more damage
Sleeping Gas
Same map trap you know and love, just with a chance of resisting it
Game Trap
Chance to instantly poach a monster enemy. Lower total current HP=higher % chance. (i.e. it is easier to poach strong animals than weak ones)
Magnet Trap
Reduces move by 1 for every metal item equipped. If you are standing on it and you have a move of 0 you can only move 1 square. If you set it off in mid travel chances are it will stop you in your tracks, and you have it affect your next turn.
Explosive Trap
Damage trap. Damages all units next to it as well.
Detonate
Attacks a trap to cause it to detonate and extend it's area of effect by a range of 1.

Counter Skills
Ambush
Drop 3 Steel Needle traps in a row (one on you and two beside) when taking HP damage)
Last Act
Detonate all traps on the map.
Slewfoot
Causes slow on any unit targeting you with an attack. Range: 1

Support Ability
Tripwire *innate*
Traps are detonated by being stopped on OR traversed across.
Detect Traps
You can see all of your traps and any enemy traps within a range of 4. (If you equip traps on another class you can't see them without this ability)

Move Ability
Ignore Traps
No brainer for a class like this.

---

Yeah, this is basically exactly the Seeq Ranger class from FFTA2, except with a greater variety of traps included, and some rather interesting, if overpowered, Reaction abilities. And without Mirror Items. I like some of the trap ideas, but really, giving the ability to detonate all traps on the map, and AOE traps... That leads to some crazy power there.

Arcanist
In retrospect this just makes it even more disadvantageous to have a mixed physical magical party and was probably a bad idea.
Equips: Mage stuff
Abilities: Align (attempts to apply alignment to all units on the map. Kind of like astrology)
Align Physical
Increase effect of physical skills
Displace Physical
Decrease effect of physical skills
Align Magic
Increase effect of magic skills
Displace Magic
Decrease effect of magic skills
Align Ice
Makes units weak to Ice
Align Fire
Makes units weak to Fire
Align Thunder
Makes units weak to Thunder

Counter Skills
Phase Out
Enemy has effect of next move used reduced by 50%

Support Ability
Magic Field *innate*
Increase effectiveness of magic abilities for adjacent allies
Physical Field *innate*
Increase effectiveness of physical abilities for adjacent allies
Steady State
Makes unit immune to Alignment spells

Move Ability
Hermit
Increase MA for every panel not moved in your turn. (Yes thats right, a reward for NOT moving. Only good idea in this whole class)

The name Arcanist is already taken, but otherwise, an interesting experiment. Still, if the Blue Mage's Night spell shows us anything, it's that things that have a chance of hitting all enemies and all allies wind up hitting allies way, way more. The supports are actually nice ideas. Constant buffs to adjacent units works well for a support unit.

The Move Ability is clever, but there is one problem: MA is useless without a damaging spell. Granted, you can use it on another job once mastered, or give a new subset to it, so it's not as bad as Ezel's Hermetic job (special unit in FFTA, unable to jobchange, incredibly, insanely high magic attack, and zero attack spells), but it is still out of place.

VeloZer0
07-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Explain the range on those elemental abilities a little more, they didn't make a lot of sense to me.
Like Holy Explosion or Earth Slash. I tried to emulate the messed up format the game presents it in.

Hunter is a class from FFTA and FFTA2.
I was highly guessing there would be some overlap :D

Yeah, this is basically exactly the Seeq Ranger class from FFTA2, except with a greater variety of traps included, and some rather interesting, if overpowered, Reaction abilities. And without Mirror Items. I like some of the trap ideas, but really, giving the ability to detonate all traps on the map, and AOE traps... That leads to some crazy power there.
Whoops, typo. The detonate all traps only happens on when the Tracker is K.O.ed.
The steel needle one is also kind of a double edged sword, as it clutters up the combat area for your units too.

The name Arcanist is already taken, but otherwise, an interesting experiment. Still, if the Blue Mage's Night spell shows us anything, it's that things that have a chance of hitting all enemies and all allies wind up hitting allies way, way more. The supports are actually nice ideas. Constant buffs to adjacent units works well for a support unit.
That's just poor algorithms :D

The Move Ability is clever, but there is one problem: MA is useless without a damaging spell. Granted, you can use it on another job once mastered, or give a new subset to it, so it's not as bad as Ezel's Hermetic job (special unit in FFTA, unable to jobchange, incredibly, insanely high magic attack, and zero attack spells), but it is still out of place.
MA would probably be the determining factor for the success rate or power of the buff.
Also look at all the Calculator's abilities, completely useless on that class but good to equip to another.

Biukin
08-03-2010, 08:05 AM
wow this is insane good ideas erbody keep it up

Biukin
08-03-2010, 08:07 AM
JUST THOUGHT OF A GOOD ONE

Egyptian:
Sandstorm: 6 vert 4 radius, gives blind and poison
Whip Barrage: 2 blocks hits the enemy or ally 6 times but it does 1/3 actual power
Summon Set,Ra, etc. same as a summoner but they are rare summons can only be used a total number of times until you are a master

Armour, Light Armour
Weapons, Whips, Poles, Books, Sword, Knife, Polearms, Axe, Mace
Requirements: Knight Mastered, Lancer Mastered, Oracle Mastered
Males and Females

Skyblade
08-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Name: Aeromancer
Race: Gria
Equipment: Robes, Hats, Hair Accessories, Poles
Requirements: 4 Geomancy A-Abilities

A-Abilities: Aeromancy

Aero: Light Wind damage to units in a small area.
Aerora: Wind damage to units is a small area.
Aeroga: Heavy Wind damage to units in a small area.
Hurricaine: Water damage to units in a large area. Does not hit center square of area, inflicts Slow during Rain.
Tornado: Wind damage to a single unit. Damage increases during Windy Weather.
Slicing Wind: Wind damage to units in a line leading away from caster. Disables targets during Fair Weather.
Biting Wind: Ice damage to units in a small area. Immobilizes targets during Snowstorms.
Breeze: Uses wind to redirect Mist, restoring MP in a small area.
Storm Front: Shifts weather randomly (cannot shift weather to or from Mist conditions).

Support Abilities

Tailwind: Increases range of spells and attacks by 1.
Weathervane: Gives different effects depending on current weather.
-Fair: Attacks and spells may Addle targets
-Wind: Increases Magic and Attack
-Rain: Increases rate of MP restoration
-Snow: Attacks and spells may inflict Blind or Slow on targets
-Mist: Auto-haste and increased Critical hit rate

The Gria's Geomancer introduced a class highly dependent on weather. The Aeromancer, being based on atmospheric manipulation, is more sensitive still. The Aero spells are similar to the Black Mage counterparts of other elements. Hurricaine has a huge AOE, but doesn't do as much damage as Aeroga, and is water elemental. Tornado does good Wind damage, and receives higher damage in Windy weather (increased further by the Magic buff if the caster has Weathervane). Slicing Wind has a huge range, but only works in a straight line. The ability to disable during the most common weather condition is a plus though. Biting Wind gives a third elemental attack, preventing the Aeromancer from being crippled by enemy resistances, and can Immobilize targets during Snowstorms. Breeze and Storm Front are pretty self-explanatory supporting A-Abilities.

Tailwind increases range of spells and attacks. Melee attacks now have a range of 2. Bow attacks have an even larger range, as do spells. Useful, but probably a bit overshadowed by the other support ability.
Weathervane gives additional buffs to the Aeromancer depending on the current conditions. Powerful, but unreliable, due to the random shifting of weather conditions as you move around the world map, and the inability to shift them to a particular one reliably.

Mr.Shells24
08-18-2011, 01:55 AM
Well, this character is an advancement to the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Moogle job Animist. It could also be a Beastmaster advancement.
Name here~
Nature Friend
Move:4
Jump: 2
Evade: 30 Above Average Stats: Speed Res
Average: Defense Weapon Attack
Below: Magic Attack
Equip-Head: Hats and lighter wear
Armor: Some robes and light armor
Weapons: Stuffed Animals
Access.:Basically everything.
A-Ability:Friendship
Reaction(s): Covered
Support: Medic Nulls Three different status ailments during each engagement
Combo-Nature/ Friendly Combo.
A-ABility examples: Any monster that the owner has can be called to fight for them, aren't controlled, they are good. And take aid, which forces the monster to take damage for the character, which is the Reaction ability Covered.

Greatermaximus
08-26-2011, 08:38 AM
There's plenty to imagine. But I'll pick one already in use. I'm not sure if this is for advanced or tactics?

Witch: Female
Ability: Craft
Can equip what an oracle and a wizard could. Requirement: Level 8 Oracle and Wizard
Move: 3
Jump: 4
Normal on stats with buffs on magic attacks and defenses.
Weapons would add the condemn effect and/or turn into frog at best. Whatever basic items Wizards and Oracles could use at worst.

An attack preview: Nervebender : SP 50 : Range 5 Character: Moderate damage and add :Don't attack.
Another power: Stunner : SP 17 : Range 5 Panel Effect 1: Minor damage and add :Don't act.
Another: Witchflame: SP 20 : Range 5 Effect 2: Good damage and cancel regen, reraise on targets.

Reaction: Counter Effect: When attacked by magic ailments counter with same. 300 JP

Defense: MagicEvadeUP 200 JP

Move: Fly 400 JP, Float 300 JP, Badwalk 200 JP - Walk on fire, lava, marsh, and poison marsh.

erikramza
10-15-2011, 12:49 AM
The most useless class.

Class: Junkie
Skillset: Indulgence
-Weed: Heals a small amount of hp. Increases effects of potions for three turns. Casts slow. May cause unit to sleep after a potion is used. (Affects all adjacent units.)
-Meth: Casts haste. Unit is immune to status effects for five turns. Unless it is used again before those five turns are up, unit will take damage equal to 20% of max hp; and unit will be put to sleep, and poisoned. (Affects all adjacent units.)
-Heroin: Casts wall and recovers all hp. Slows unit. May increase attack by between 1 and 3 (See Accumulate in Squires abilities). Same negative effects as meth if not used again within five turns.(self targeting)
-Pcp: Units attack and speed double for three turns. Lose control of unit (Berserk). Unit is confused.(self targeting)
-Cocaine: Increase all mediator talk abilities. Casts haste. May berserk unit. (Same negative effects as meths 5 turn rule.)(self or one adjacent unit)

Reaction ability: Paranoid Flinch. Increases evasion, but take more damage from melee attacks that do hit.
Movement ability: Cop Watch. See all traps up to three tiles away. If unit acts without moving, gain +2 tiles of movement on next turn.

Some of it doesn't make sense. I did the best I could given the games rules.

VeloZer0
10-15-2011, 03:03 AM
Seeing as this thread seems to have run it's course of serious jobs I fully endorse this new direction. I'll try to think up a few.