PDA

View Full Version : Sphere break

ChickenHeart
07-19-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm stuck on Shinra in chapter 3, and i really need help! I'm only getting around about 30/50 quotas. I'm terrible at math and i'm not sure how echo bonuses work :(

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2010, 11:20 AM
You won't be able to beat Shinra without taking advantage of echoes.

Basically, there are two types of echo bonuses:
1) Coin Count - using the same amount of coins to break as you did in the previous turn
2) Multiplier - use the same multiplier of the core number to break in successive turns (e.g. If the Core is 4, and you break it with a total of 12, that's a x3 multiplier. If the next Core number is 5, for the Multiplier Echo to count, you have to break with 15 [5x3=15]

Good luck~

BG-57
07-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Go digging in Bikanel Desert. You'll need to stock up on entry coins. When playing aginst Shinra, use one that allows echo bonuses.

I've found that you have to strike a balance between removing too many and too few border coins. Generally a pretty good number of coins to total up is three every round. That keeps the math simpler and building coin echos is fairly easy.

IIRC Shinra gets 1 as the core number fairly often, which breaks echos. It sems to be random, so luck plays a part.

I played Sphere Break enough to win all the rare items. It's fun once you get the hang of it.

ChickenHeart
07-21-2010, 09:46 PM
The tournement only allows a set of coins and i'm getting the echoes now :)

BG-57
07-22-2010, 02:46 AM
Coolness. :)

Jessweeee♪
07-26-2010, 05:17 AM
Before I got the hang of it I cheated in the tournament. It always caused a glitch that looped the cutscene after beating Shinra over and over and over until I shut the PS2 off, so eventually I just did it myself.

I WON!
dooo dooo doooooo
I WON!
dooo dooo doooooo
I WON!
dooo dooo doooooo
I WON!
dooo dooo doooooo
I WON!
dooo dooo doooooo
I WON!
dooo dooo doooooo