PDA

View Full Version : Need a Photo Edit

FFIX Choco Boy
07-19-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm not really sure if this is the right thread for it, but it looked like the best choice to me. Well, I know that there's a lot of great artists on here, I've seen a lot of their work myself and most of it is really amazing, and so I wanted to ask them for a favor.

I have a lake cottage that I go to every once in a while, and I took a picture of the sunset right outside my cabin there one day. It looks really good, but there's one problem - the resolution is crap because I took it on my phone. So, here's my request, could anyone here take the pic which I'm gonna attach and make it a better resolution so my background doesn't look so blocky? My resolution right now is 1680 x 1050, if it could be blown up that much I'd be really grateful.

PS - I would give the picture of my girlfriend, but I'm afraid of what you guys might do to it. I'll just keep that one to myself, lol : P.

Necronopticous
07-19-2010, 05:59 PM
What you're asking isn't really possible. Whenever you take a rasterized image from a low resolution to a high resolution you're going to get a result that looks really terrible regardless of the resizing algorithms or cleanup filters applied. You really need to start out with a higher resolution. Take a real camera along next time you go to your lake cottage and always shoot in the highest resolution that it offers.

FFIX Choco Boy
07-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh, alright. How about some kind of an animated version of the picture? Would someone be willing to attempt one for me?

Rantz
07-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Necronopticous is correct, you will always suffer much quality loss when you upsize it that much. Your best bet is to get a better picture to start with.

However, since you might want the choice anyway, here's my best attempt (well, my best 10-minute attempt) at getting it to your wanted resolution. Again, I've attempted to hide the loss of quality, but it's still there, and pretty obviously. You're still better off taking a better resolution to begin with. :)

http://i27.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/nd8v3s.jpg

FFIX Choco Boy
07-19-2010, 07:10 PM
It does look a lot better than what I have stretched out right now, but I guess I should just borrow my step mom's or girlfriend's camera and take a picture with that. Thanks for the help and attempt, though!

Rantz
07-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Another alternative that I'd choose over just stretching the picture is to do something nice with what you have. The possibilities are endless! I made a really simple example (less than 3 minutes) just to show what I mean, but there's so much else that could be done. You could add other photos laying scattered around, or you could put some nice design along with it.

http://i26.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2z4z1nk.jpg

rubah
07-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Make sure you can't increase the quality on your phone any, for future usage. That's pretty small, even for cell quality pictures.