PDA

View Full Version : Limit Breaks help!!

Tokimadoushi
07-21-2010, 07:32 AM
I've been having a problem getting Tifa's Level 2 limit break. I've had her in my party for almost the entire game since leaving Midgar (I am currently in Cosmo Canyon Disc 1 at lv. 26). I've killed tons of enemies with her but she just won't learn her level 2 limit!! All the other characters have reached theirs and haven't been in my party half as long as her. My friend said she had the same problem once, where every character other than Tifa reached their level 2 limits but she wouldn't learn it no matter how many enemies you killed with her. I've looked on the internet for any known bugs but there are no limit glitches specifically related with Tifa. Any advice?? I really don't want to have to start a new game again :cry:

|-THE redmage-|
07-21-2010, 07:40 AM
you are using her limit breaks, too, right? because if i remember right, to unlock a new set of limit breaks depends on how many times you use the limits, not just how many enemies you kill with the character

Tokimadoushi
07-21-2010, 07:45 AM
I've got Beat Rush and Somersault, now I apparently have to kill 95 enemies with Tifa to get the next one. And I'm pretty sure I've killed more than 95 enemies with her.

|-THE redmage-|
07-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Oh yeah, now that i think about it, i think i had the same problem one time with Cloud when i played through, he learned blade-beam, but no matter how many times i used his limit, he never did learn climhazzard.

But, i really don't know how to help you, sorry, someone else here should know though.

Tokimadoushi
07-21-2010, 08:02 AM
After scouring Google for anything related to my problem, all I found was this:

(from GameFAQs: Final Fantasy VII (PS) Limit Break Mechanics Guide by GideonD (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/16441))

"2) Learning a new limit gets delayed. You make the required number of kills or
uses to get the next limit but you still don't learn it. Then later on,
sometimes after learning the limits after the one that wouldn't work, you'll
suddenly learn the limit you missed for no apparent reason."

So basically I must just truck on and hope and pray Tifa eventually learns her Limit so I can get that elusive perfect game :mad:

Levian
07-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Yes, what you need to do is deal the finishing blow with Tifa on 95 enemies.

If you want a quick fix, Go to the forests nearby Fort Condor. Most of the time you'll encounter packs of 5 enemies. They'll all die if you use a Choco/Mog. Count the enemies you've killed if you have to. Sometimes it feels like you've killed 200 enemies even though you've only killed 70. :p

I see you are at Cosmo Canyon, the only place nearby with many enemies in one fight I can think of is at the end of the railroad tracks near Corel. If you walk around at the right place there should often be a fight with a Cockatrice and three mushrooms, and sometimes battles with 5 mushrooms.

Tokimadoushi
07-21-2010, 08:14 AM
I'll try that Levian, Murphy's Law I've killed like 94 enemies and the first battle I fight when I get home from work today I'm going to learn it and feel like a tool :p

leader of mortals
07-28-2010, 04:05 AM
Sometimes it feels like you've killed 200 enemies even though you've only killed 70. :p

This man speaks the truth. When I was last doing a playthough, I stopped in the Mythril Caves to grind Limits, and it felt like it took me hours to get the kills I needed.