PDA

View Full Version : Memory Cards

Saber
07-22-2010, 03:48 AM
Well I just spent about 2 hours rearranging my memory cards so that I had my best final fantasy files on 1 memory card. It took up almost all my memory as I had final fantasy 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 (two save files, one on the floating continent and the other in the world of ruin), 7 (again two files, one with Aeris right after you get the tiny bronco and the other on disk 3), 8, 9, breath of fire, and legends of dragoon. Not all was final fantasy I know.

Anyways I had 6 memory cards for the PS1 and now I've managed to free two and 3/4 of them. They were full before I did the arranging. So I got 30+ blocks to really get into some other games. Keeping two memory cards with my final fantasy characters on it. They both have the same data.

Main thing is, do you like to keep all your final fantasy games on the same memory card? Do you make a copy and hide it just so if you lose one you got another? I do. How many cards do you have for PS1?

I've kept a back up after so many times of saving over the wrong file. Now n days though I'm done with them all and when I say I'm "playing" the game, I only mean I'm leveling up or training. I don't think I could do better on any play through on any of them.

This thread seems a little self centered but I'm just wanting to know what your guys memory cards are like. So if you have time tell me what you got. I can't believe some people get away with just 1 card and so many games.

Mo-Nercy
07-22-2010, 08:01 AM
I have a third-party memory card for all my PS1 games. It has 8 'sections' of 30 blocks and you cycle through the sections by pressing a little button on the top of the card. It's not organised at all though. When I go back to play some old games, I always end up spending 10 minutes cycling through and trying to load from each section.

I've only ever needed one PS2 memory card. It's just the standard black Sony one.

My PSP came with a 2GB Memory Stick, but it's not enough for all my games, so I use that one for my SNES, GBA and NES emulators and associated games. The 8GB SanDisk memory stick serves as my usual memory stick with all my PSP and PSX games.

Breine
07-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I just have one regular memory card (Sony's original one) and then one from a third-party with lots of space on it. I only really use the Sony one, and yeah I guess it's mostly FF games. But that's accidental, though. There are also Tomb Raider, Tekken and whatnot other files on it.

There's all kinds of strange stuff on the third-party one - I haven't looked it through in years, actually.

theundeadhero
07-22-2010, 11:29 PM
I keep all my original playthroughs of the SE games on one memory card. It's purple. The rest are stored on my PS3.

nik0tine
07-23-2010, 12:06 AM
I have 2 or 3 memory cards at least. However, I don't actually use them nowadays because I emulate my ps1 games.

Saber
07-23-2010, 01:58 AM
I love memory cards for some reason. Except when you buy the system and take it home with a new game. THEN you find out in order to play this game all the way you will need a memory card. That happened with me on the PS1 and PSP. It makes me feel like the systems are draining me of money. I miss the old NES and SNES save blocks. :(

Levian
07-23-2010, 07:45 AM
I use the internal memory cards on my PS3 now. I don't really have anything organized, but I only have three memory cards in total so it's not like I have to shift around much. This thread reminds me that I have to back up my gamesaves soon. ;o