PDA

View Full Version : I wanna talk to you but......

Christmas
07-22-2010, 01:20 PM
http://www.visitsteve.com/wp-content/img/talk-anyone/talk-anyone.jpg

So, have you ever wanted to talk to someone and get to know that person but then for whatever reasons you did not. The end results with the two of you ended up as strangers to each other! :bigsmile:

It can be someone in real life or people in EoFF! Share your experiences here! :bigsmile:

Fujiko
07-22-2010, 09:26 PM
If I want to talk to or get to know someone, I usually walk up to him/her (or if it's on a forum/chat I send a msg!) and say 'Hello' and initiate a casual conversation. But I admit I can sometimes be very shy about it.

When it comes to wanting to get to know someone I really like, I'm mostly shy in approaching this person about it. :greenie:

Zeldy
07-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm really shy. :( (Unless intoxicated)

Meat Puppet
07-22-2010, 10:27 PM
What an interesting fellow

xXsarahXx
07-22-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm really shy. :( (Unless intoxicated)

This is exactly the same for me. Im actually really quiet and dont approach people i dont know...unless a bottle of vodka has been consumed and then im fine to talk to literally everyone in sight :D

Crop
07-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Yeah I always want to talk to people on here more, and actually post more than once a week but I'm too lazy.

I'm fine irl though, I know everyone.

Rye
07-23-2010, 01:43 AM
I usually always talk to people if I want to. My problem is when I talk to someone, only to find out they have no social skills and are one of those people who talk AT you for ages, and ignore any input you put into the conversation. I am a magnet for those people.

Shiny
07-23-2010, 04:21 AM
I can be a bit apprehensive -- not necessarily shy, but I will usually communicate with them if I want to. The funny this is I don't mind talking to people who talk too much. I prefer listening. I'm lazy that way.

Unbreakable Will
07-23-2010, 03:22 PM
I... som... di you hear abou...GOD IM AN IDIOT -runs away-

blackmage_nuke
07-23-2010, 03:33 PM
I want to reply to my visitor messages but I never know what to say :(

I dont think Ive ever initialised a conversation with a stranger or atleast not since primary school

Jessweeee♪
07-23-2010, 05:39 PM
There was a classmate in high school that I shared a lot of mutual friends with, but I never got to say more than three words at a time because we were both shy so we both seemed really rude and we decided not to talk to each other. :|

Breine
07-23-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm an out-going person, so it's not an issue for me to talk to people.

However, there is this guy. I don't know him, and he doesn't know me - but I know he's a mo, and for some reason I've developed this small crush on him. I've only seen him like a couple of times, and I'm too nervous to talk to him. It's ridiculous xD

Clo
07-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Dude, I WANT THAT SIGN in the OP! I will go make one.

If I've ever wanted to know someone, then I came to know them. Sometimes I think, "Oh, she's such a badass, I can never think of anything to say to her" or "oh, he's so arrogant but interesting, I can't get a conversation going" but then I always end up talking to the person.

Raistlin
07-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I generally go by the assumption that people are not worth talking to.

Cuchulainn
07-23-2010, 10:44 PM

However, there is this guy. I don't know him, and he doesn't know me - but I know he's a mo, and for some reason I've developed this small crush on him. I've only seen him like a couple of times, and I'm too nervous to talk to him. It's ridiculous xD

What's a Mo? Just talk to me dude i won't bite.

Vyk
07-24-2010, 02:20 AM

Given the context I'm guessing "HOmo", but I could be wrong

There's lots of people I just don't initiate conversation with. I'm not a small talky kinda person. There's got to be a catalyst. I've tried. It always fails though. There just has to be something. 'Cause I can't stand awkward conversations. That just leads to even more not talking'ness. But yes. Lots of people I've wanted to get to know. Lots of people I've lost connection with. And lots of "I don't know what to say" :/

Breine
07-24-2010, 11:56 AM

Yeah, as Vyk already said a "mo" is a "homo" :monster:

Cuchulainn
07-24-2010, 01:15 PM

i see. i'm not though, but i see.

escobert
07-24-2010, 06:20 PM
I generally go by the assumption that people are not worth talking to.

Chris
07-24-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm not good at initiating a conversation, but I always answer back if people make contact. It's not that I'm shy or anything like that, I just prefer it that way. :p

boris no no
07-24-2010, 07:38 PM
generally most people are idiots.

Laddy
07-27-2010, 04:32 AM
Usually I just talk to them anyway! :jess: Sometimes I do get shy, but I still talk to them! :bigsmile:

Shiny
07-27-2010, 07:02 AM
but I know he's a mo
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fQVL-Ns_hYI/SaB1OoHJhlI/AAAAAAAAAEI/Jumq3V-QNGc/s320/Moe+Simpsons.gif

Breine
07-27-2010, 10:38 AM
but I know he's a mo
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fQVL-Ns_hYI/SaB1OoHJhlI/AAAAAAAAAEI/Jumq3V-QNGc/s320/Moe+Simpsons.gif

xP

Hot Shot
07-27-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm very shy in person because I have a lot of self-doubt, but online I'm not so shy because I feel it's easy to hide my emotions and you feel less embarassed. But I dunno, that's just me.

Bunny
07-27-2010, 10:48 AM
There are a few people here that I would not mind talking to but not enough to actually make first contact, since I'm really iffy about doing that nowadays. That's pretty much my opinion with talking to anyone though. I hate doing it myself but I am not against reciprocating if they manage to get hold of me.

black orb
07-27-2010, 08:24 PM
>>> I use the internet to express my opinions or debate about something, Im not the kind of guy who will constantly chat with people and make friends, of course im polite enough to answer the questions or when other people is talking to me.. I dont see the point of make friends with people that you will never see in person and live thousands of kilometers away..:luca:

Rodarian
07-27-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm a pretty good chatter upper...Actually what I get shy about is that I my IRL might not match up to my URL personality if I meet someone.... :(

Is it ok to have a man crush on Cuch...His drinking/Irish ways are somehow magnetic....

Bunny
07-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Is there someone you don't have a crush on?

Cuchulainn
07-28-2010, 02:28 AM

this is true. I'd be a compliment if it was anybody but pakistans horn.

rubah
07-28-2010, 03:11 AM
but your lips are venomous poison

Jiro
07-28-2010, 03:25 AM
I'm pretty pathetically shy, but the main reason I don't talk to people is that I don't have time to have a good conversation with 'em.

docta fizz
07-28-2010, 05:39 AM
I'm recently not-shy, no idea when this happened but at orientation I relized I could talk to just about anyone and be perfectly fine. Most of the time I don't start conversations with random people but why not? I've also realized I can talk to girls which is a huge plus from before :D.

I think the only time I start getting shy is when there are groups of people that know eachother and I'm kind of the "outsider", anybody else have this problem?

Mo-Nercy
07-28-2010, 06:36 AM

:colbert:

I like talking a lot, so when I want to talk to someone, I usually will. But there have been times when I've held back for a little while - like at a new job.

Rodarian
07-28-2010, 10:17 AM

Hey that was a little uncalled for Cuch.

The Space Pope
07-28-2010, 10:22 AM
I read the thoughts of my victims so that I may exploit them to do my bidding.

Also to see if they think I look fat in my cape.

Jiro
07-28-2010, 11:07 AM
I think the only time I start getting shy is when there are groups of people that know eachother and I'm kind of the "outsider", anybody else have this problem?

*raises hand*

Best thing to do is just try and get to know one person and gradually meet them all. If you get mass introduced then well I freak out and become embarrassed.

Cuchulainn
07-28-2010, 11:45 AM

What was? You're a horny human. Embrace it.

Breine
07-28-2010, 01:35 PM

:colbert:

There's nothing wrong with being gay, Mo-Nercy xP

Rodarian
07-28-2010, 02:42 PM

Yea but what has Pakistan got to do with it. I'm only living here for work reasons...I'm Canadian for the most part!

Cuchulainn
07-28-2010, 03:34 PM

Yea but what has Pakistan got to do with it. I'm only living here for work reasons...I'm Canadian for the most part!

You're in Pakistan, you're Pakistan's Horn. The second you move to Canada send me a wee PM and I'll me sure to update it to Canada's Horn...Jesus H Christ what the fuck is wrong here?

NorthernChaosGod
07-28-2010, 03:36 PM
You guys are gaying up this thread.

Pheesh
07-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Wow, I shouldn't have skipped straight from the 1st page to the 3rd O_O

I'm a little shy if I actually like a girl, but I'll approach women when I'm drunk and out and about. Full blown relationships are hard work, just not something I have time for at the moment.

Rodarian
07-28-2010, 04:00 PM

seriously:eep:

Cuchulainn
07-28-2010, 05:03 PM

your imagination makes you see what you want to see, which is us oiled up and wrestling. you dirty wee bastard.

boris no no
07-28-2010, 05:56 PM

seriously:eep:

I'll gay up your thread :joey:

:jokey:

NorthernChaosGod
07-29-2010, 03:14 AM

your imagination makes you see what you want to see, which is us oiled up and wrestling. you dirty wee bastard.

Touche, salesman.