PDA

View Full Version : Geomancer

blackmage_nuke
07-23-2010, 12:56 AM
I cant imagine why this class has only been implemented in FF III, V and VI (that i know of)

At first I thought maybe it was a problem with the battle system setup but when I thought about it more I see how it could have very easily been implemented;

FFVII-Geomancer Materia brings up the command Gaia which works just like it did in FF III and V

FFVIII-one of the GF's teach the special command Gaia which works just like it did in FF III and V

FFIX-Couldve made Eiko abit like Mog (ffvi) and let her chose a enviroment location to cast a random spell (but dont send her into an automode) instead of being a Dagger clone. Environement locations are learnt through weapons just like Freya's dragoon skills or Amarant's Flair skills

FFX-Maybe Gaia as a special or a skill blocked by a level 3 key sphere. Or make Gaia Khimari's Overdrive. To be honest his Blue magic/Ronso Rage wasnt that great anyway (especially for an overdrive)

FFX2-Geomancer dressphere works like Mog i guess

I havent finished XII or XIII

Who else thinks the Geomancer is an awesome class that deserves a comeback?

Crossblades
07-23-2010, 03:50 AM
I never cared for the geomancer job tbh. I always saw that class as a watered down Black Mage. Between FF III and FF V, I used that job only once. Although Mog from FF VI is an awesome character to play with

Wolf Kanno
07-23-2010, 04:24 AM
They recently resurfaced in FFTA2 for the DS but sadly the class is restricted to a race that specializes in melee and mobility as opposed to magic... not to mention its close to being one of the last classes unlocked.

I love Geomancers, especially in FFIII where they are easily one of the most broken classes in the game. In the DS version, after you level up the job a bit they quickly begin to out class the Black mages and even the summoners if used effectively. Dark Flare is a brutal ability and has a high chance of appearing in the final-final dungeon.

Mog is another horribly overpowered Geomancer who gets extra bonus points for being able to alter the environment so he can use elemental skills not related to the location. Even the Geomancers in V are pretty nasty if you know when to use them and their ability to dodge traps makes them one of the better classes for exploration. I also feel the Bell is an underused weapon. :colbert:

I would love to see Geomancers come back but I would also love to just see a new job class system in general that is not an MMO or trapped in Japan. :mad:

blackmage_nuke
07-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Interesting little tidbit; I just noticed moogles first got their pom pom's in FFVI, maybe they originally put a Pom pom on Mog to represent his status as a geomancer (as the other geomancers wear hats with pom poms)

I also found the Geomancer to be highly overpowered in V, especially since it didnt take up mp and used such powerful offensive moves.

Del Murder
07-23-2010, 04:38 PM
I would have loved to see Geomancer in FFXI, it's one of the most innovative jobs SE has created. Maybe we'll see it in FFXIV!

Clo
07-23-2010, 09:45 PM
I always use a geomancer, because I found them more useful than Black Mages. I agree that they would have been interesting/useful in other games! I'm not sure why they never really caught on and got pushed aside as a job class.

Marshall Banana
07-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Since playing FFIII DS, I regret not experimenting with Geomancers in FFV!

At first, I traded Refia's Black Mage costume for a Geomancer costume simply because I thought it was cuter and wanted her to wear something new, but Geomancer is so powerful that I eventually changed Arc into one as well. I only wish I had done it sooner! It was completely pointless to use a Scholar in the fight with Hein, because of Geomancers' Terrain ability. I mean, whoa!

Goldenboko
07-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Geomancer's WRECKED in the right portions of III and V, I never really explored the option in FFVI though.

Nominus Experse
07-29-2010, 03:57 AM
erwg