PDA

View Full Version : mobile help any one

lalaguide
07-24-2010, 06:57 AM
i have a doubt, i live in London and gonna move to US, i have a blackberry, i thought of unlocking using codes, even checked the process at Mobile Unlock Guide : Get unlocking instructions for your mobile phone (http://www.mobileunlockguide.com/) , now can i browse internet in US with other networks in US, also can i update my firmware with the new network

o_O
07-24-2010, 03:50 PM
It depends what type of network the phone connects to. A CDMA phone will need to have a new radio flashed to it every time you want to switch carriers; but having said that, in order to switch CDMA carriers you need to have your specific handset approved for use on that network and that will cost you some money, if they agree to do it at all.'

If you're on a GSM/WCDMA network then to switch to a different carrier all you need to do is to put a new SIM card in and to physically be in range of the new network (and to unlock the device if it's locked to your current network).

As for whether or not you can use mobile internet in other countries, you're best off talking to the carrier you intend to move to. Many smartphone devices are highly customised by a particular carrier, and it's difficult to know which customisations will cause issues when on a new network.