PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter x Tekken

Dreddz
07-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Trailer (http://www.gamingeverything.com/2010/7/street_fighter_x_tekken_trailer)
Screenshots (http://www.gamingeverything.com/2010/7/first_directfeed_screenshots_of_street_fighter_x_tekken)

Can't say the trailer or screenshots excite me that much. Big news nonetheless.

Psychotic
07-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Fuck yeah.

xXsarahXx
07-24-2010, 11:18 PM
This.is.sexual.

Im litterally giddly with excitement!!!

Fujiko
07-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Omg, I'm so excited! >x)

Jessweeee♪
07-25-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm not much of a Street Fighter fan, but I'm sure a lot of people will be pleased with this! I need to get Tekken 6 before investing in anything else Tekken, though.

Madame Adequate
07-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Aw :bou::bou::bou::bou: yes.

Though I still don't understand why they don't do a huge Mugen-esque mashup.

Pheesh
07-25-2010, 02:41 AM
The concept and the trailer were pretty fecking awesome, but I want to know if it'll be a 2D or 3D fighter. There's a reason I play Tekken and not Street Fighter, and if this game is just Street Fighter with Tekken characters added in then I'll probably just stick with Tekken 6.

Lionx
07-25-2010, 02:41 AM
There is going to be two games, one Tekken styled the other SF styled

SF Style Gameplay:
Street Fighter X Tekken Gameplay Clip From Comic-Con 2010 Video from GameVideos (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596?cmpid=0101)

So ready..!

Pheesh
07-25-2010, 02:46 AM

Well then....I'm a happy man.

Madame Adequate
07-25-2010, 02:59 AM
It should be impossible, through any means whatsoever, for Kuma to beat Zangief.

Rase
07-25-2010, 04:31 AM
This pleases me. I can smack down on my Tekken loving friend on a 2D plane, then get my ass handed to me by them in the other game.

Christmas
07-25-2010, 04:41 AM
I hope Akuma is included! :bigsmile:

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np5/char/ssf2hd/akuma-hdshoosh.gif

Psychotic
07-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Came to the conclusion that E. Honda vs Ganryu is the greatest possible battle in the history of all things, and the very chance that I may get to fight it has excited me immensely.

Depression Moon
07-25-2010, 05:21 AM
Surprised to find out about this on EOFF. Gameplay looks interesting, but a little slow and I need to know if my boys Baek and Hwoarang will be in this, along with Alisa and Chreddy.

Fujiko
07-25-2010, 06:52 AM
It should be impossible, through any means whatsoever, for Kuma to beat Zangief.

xD

Pheesh
07-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Surprised to find out about this on EOFF. Gameplay looks interesting, but a little slow and I need to know if my boys Baek and Hwoarang will be in this, along with Alisa and Chreddy.

I assume Hwoarang will, I wouldn't hold your breath for Baek.

I'm hoping Asuka makes the cut, otherwise I'll be mega peeved.

Dreddz
07-25-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm more excited to see Namco's version personally. It'll be interesting to see them incorporate characters like Ryu into a juggle based fighting system like Tekken. That is, if they decide to go that route. They could be making something entirely different.

In slightly related news, Street Fighter III is coming to XBLA and PSN.

Rocket Edge
07-25-2010, 01:28 PM
I was going to comment on how logical the gameplay would be before I read this. It will be interesting to see how the changeover will be from either platform, because both play very different. If it plays like T6 to me, then great. I just won't hold me breath on the whole thing.

Lionx
07-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Personally i am hoping it be like Tekken Tag. I never got into the genre after Tag honestly. I am also curious on how they are going to solve the issues of fireballs being kinda useless in 3-D playing fields. I am guessing they would have long startup/recovery and can only be used similar to Devil Jin's optic blasts.

Slothy
07-25-2010, 02:17 PM
So I may finally get to play a game featuring Tekken characters that I'll actually enjoy. I'm kind of surprised that they would go with this sort of crossover. I suppose it's a fighting fans dream, and we do get two fighters out of it, so win-win.

Breine
07-25-2010, 02:31 PM
...wait...what!?

This is HUGE! Can't wait.

Mo-Nercy
07-25-2010, 02:56 PM
I hope they're able to do both series justice. There's a lot of Tekken haters out there in the fighting gamer fraternity. If this game is able to win over those who are stuck in the old-school frame of thought and think that the gameplay of Tekken is reliant on nothing but launchers and juggles, then I'm all for it. There's just as much mix-up play and mind games in the 3D fighters as there is in the 2D.

I can't wait for this.

Iceglow
07-25-2010, 03:42 PM

Asuka probably will but if she doesn't then it's safely assumed Jun will and Jun = Asuka but better :P

I'm interested in this one I'll have to admit but I just haven't in recent years found the desire to buy beat em ups. Last one I brought was a Dead or Alive game (and it wasn't even on 360!) I might go shell out for this one though since it should give me the best of both worlds (tekken and sfIV) and the only question left to decide is but which version do I buy?

Mo-Nercy
07-25-2010, 04:06 PM

Asuka probably will but if she doesn't then it's safely assumed Jun will and Jun = Asuka but better :P
Well, Kazuya in that trailer has his red-eye, meaning that this is Kazuya post-death and therefore set in a post-T4 world. So Jun would be dead.

Also, Asuka has bigger gazongas. No way would she be replaced. xD

Rad Bromance
07-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Ehhhhh....I'm more excited about Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

I'm curious how they'll handle two franchises with such radically different controls together like this.

xXsarahXx
07-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Well its been nearly 24 hours since I first saw the trailer, in game vid and screen shots and im still giddy a hell about it!

Seriously, this game is like my dream come true! I love both games and to see them in a crossover is an idea that litterally blows my mind. Too much awesome!! :D

Also seriously excited by the fact that Street fighter 3, Third strike is going to be bought up to date with online play!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lionx
07-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Third strike is going to be bought up to date with online play!!

Its not that new...@@

GGPO.net - Home - Lag Free, Online Arcade Gaming Goodness (http://ggpo.net/)

Supercade (http://supercade.net/)

Pheesh
07-26-2010, 02:54 AM
I was thinking about it, out of all the Tekken characters I think Alisa will probably slide into a Street Fighter game the best, I wonder if she'll make the cut (she's a new addition, but she had a big role in T6, so it's a bit here or there).

C'mon peeps, speculate on the line-up!

NeoCracker
07-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Tekken Characters
Kazuya
Jin
Heihachi
Paul
Gun Jack
Kuma
Brian
Eddy
Yoshimitzu
Lee

Street Fighter
Akuma
Ryu
Ken
Guile
Chun Li
Ibuki
M. Bison
Juri
Blanca
Dahlsim

Pheesh
07-26-2010, 03:09 AM
You forgot Nina, she's already confirmed.

I'd probably add Hwoarang to the Tekken list aswell.

NeoCracker
07-26-2010, 04:16 AM
I don't really care about Nina, and I never remember she's even in the game until I play it. :p

I can't believe I forgot Hwoarang though.

Fujiko
07-26-2010, 08:02 AM
I can't believe I forgot Hwoarang though.

Shame on you.

Mo-Nercy
07-26-2010, 08:59 AM
I'd add Lars to that list. It looks like he's going to be the T7's central character.

I'd be very surprised if Lee made the cut. Though he's been in every game except T3, he's not really a core character. He's not really that popular either. Law is much more likely, I'd say. There also needs to be character that uses some form of Chinese martial arts, so one of Xiaoyu, Wang, Feng or Lei should be there too.

edit: Asuka too. Though there'd need to be some intensive balancing adjustments made to allow her short range style to compete with the SF fighters.

Fujiko
07-26-2010, 09:24 AM
I'd add Lars to that list. It looks like he's going to be the T7's central character.

I really hope they'll include Lars! :kaohappy2

Drift
07-26-2010, 04:02 PM
2D looks good, if its TekkenXSF then I'm gonna assume it'll be rubbish. just cause of the SF EX series

Goldenboko
07-26-2010, 04:07 PM

Even I might pick up this game. I also laugh at the vast amount of Ryu in the pictures.

Mirage
07-26-2010, 04:13 PM
It's interesting how you're not adding any female tekken fighters at all to tha tlist, neocracker.

Psychotic
07-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Tekken represent.
Gon
Mokujin
Kuma
Tiger Jackson
Ganryu
Lei Wulong
Doctor Boskonovitch
Alex
Heihachi Mishima (Tekken 4 outfit. You know the one)

Best fighting game ever? Yes!

Pheesh
07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
As far as female fighters go I'd say that Nina, xiaoyu, and possibly asuka and alisa will make the cut. It all depends on how big a roster they'll have. Law is bound to be in it, maybe Steve aswell.

Depression Moon
07-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Street Fighter
Ryu
Chun Li
Blanka
Dhalsim
Rufus
Balrog
C. Viper
Sagat
Zangief
Dan
M. Bison

Tekken
Kazuya
Nina
Jin
Kuma
Roger Jr.
Chreddy
Hwoarang
Bob
Baek
Alisa
Xaiyou
Steve
Bruce or Bryan
King

SuperMillionaire
07-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Now THIS is interesting. We couldn't get Namco X Capcom, but at least we get this. Tekken X Street Fighter will feature Tekken-style gameplay, while Street Fighter X Tekken will feature Street Fighter-style gameplay. I kinda hoped they would make one game that blended the two fighting game styles together, but this is still good.

Fujiko
07-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Tekken represent.
Gon
Mokujin
Kuma
Tiger Jackson
Ganryu
Lei Wulong
Doctor Boskonovitch
Alex
Heihachi Mishima (Tekken 4 outfit. You know the one)

Best fighting game ever? Yes!

I'm all for Gon! :radred: *cheers* They should definitely include Jin and Lars.

ChickenHeart
07-27-2010, 12:12 AM
swap Bob with Gon and i'd be screaming with joy :)

Psychotic
07-27-2010, 12:18 AM
I forgot Bob! He fits in with my lineup anyway.

In reality, Heihachi, Jin, Kazuya, Paul, Law, Nina, Yoshimitsu, King and Xiayou are pretty much all definitely going to be in it given their importance to the series/the length of time they've been in it. Lei, Lars, Cheddy, Asuka, Kuma, Jack, Hwoarang, Anna, Steve are all likely but not necessarily guaranteed.

Iceglow
07-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Looking at that Trailer for the game, I can't help but think the person Kazuya kicks the crap out of before engaging Ryu is Dan! However it could well be Ken. I'm also surprised Ken hasn't been mentioned from the SF camp because frankly where Ryu goes, Ken tends to go too and sometimes Akuma too.

I'm pretty sure Hwoarang will be in there from Tekken series since Tekken 3 he is very important to the storyline in (as the main and sole "rival" to Jin and the fact that he save's Jin from Heihachi's soldiers in the end of the game before going after him again in Tekken 4 onwards) Xianhou will be there I'm 99% sure of that too.

Rocket Edge
07-27-2010, 01:12 AM
If Yoshimitsu isn't included, I'll have a small heart-attack. He more than likely will though.

Mo-Nercy
07-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Mo's Tekken characters for this game:

Nina
Law
Paul
Julia
Bryan
Steve
Heihachi
Lars
Christie
King
Jack
King
Xiaoyu
Lei
Jin
Asuka
Kuma
Yoshimitsu
Hwoarang
Kazuya

Too many? xD
Maybe not Lars.
I secretly hope Lee is in it, but he probably wouldn't be unless they included the full list of characters.

Lionx
07-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Shoryuken - Street Fighter X Tekken: The Fun Stops Here (http://shoryuken.com/content/street-fighter-x-tekken-fun-stops-here-1272/)

As expected. Not surprising and in a way i am glad. Its cool that they let us know its in the works, but with the rough (and i mean really rough) gameplay we saw at ComiCon, you KNOW they got tons of work to do before its even into beta stage. We got other games to play anyway in the mean time, so if they are working hard at it during that time, its allllll gravy :)

Mo-Nercy
07-27-2010, 01:53 AM
It still makes me sad :(

Fujiko
07-27-2010, 02:07 AM
Shoryuken - Street Fighter X Tekken: The Fun Stops Here (http://shoryuken.com/content/street-fighter-x-tekken-fun-stops-here-1272/)

As expected. Not surprising and in a way i am glad. Its cool that they let us know its in the works, but with the rough (and i mean really rough) gameplay we saw at ComiCon, you KNOW they got tons of work to do before its even into beta stage. We got other games to play anyway in the mean time, so if they are working hard at it during that time, its allllll gravy :)

Rofl, 2012; one of the comments there said "Just in time for the world to end." xDDD Ace.

Depression Moon
07-27-2010, 04:48 AM

That's just evil. Why tease us 2 years in advance?

Psychotic
07-27-2010, 02:54 PM
If Yoshimitsu isn't included, I'll have a small heart-attack. He more than likely will though.There is no way in hell he won't be included. He's been in every Tekken game, Soul Calibur, and even Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis.

BRING BACK KUNIMITSU.

Also, 2012? Balls. Tekken Balls. (bring that back too, please, it was the greatest)

DK
07-27-2010, 08:49 PM
2012 wtf please no I need these games this week.

also Kuma better be in both of them otherwise I will put on a bear suit and level both Capcom and Namco's headquarters in protest. Kuma is the best character in the history of fighting games.

Lionx
07-27-2010, 11:38 PM
2012 wtf please no I need these games this week.

also Kuma better be in both of them otherwise I will put on a bear suit and level both Capcom and Namco's headquarters in protest. Kuma is the best character in the history of fighting games.

Counter-pick with Zangief...:D

DK
07-28-2010, 02:20 AM
Ain't no poncy Russian bear being held comperable to Kuma, Zangief has no idea what he's in for. Kuma is going to eat him and his little red panties. :colbert:

that being said, Final Atomic Buster done as a King style multi-link would be one of the most awesome things of all time. Make it happen Namco!

Rocket Edge
07-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Just thought I'd mention I played the number one ranked Yoshimitsu player (You_love_mySword) in the world today. Lost 3 rounds to 1 but it was great fun! :D

Mo-Nercy
08-03-2010, 03:55 AM
I've played against his other PSN (leokjuliairlines) once. He used Kuma and won in 3 straight. 2 Perfects if I'm not mistaken =\

Lionx
08-20-2010, 02:32 AM
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5240/500xtekkenxstreetfighte.jpg

Tekken side...tease.

Also Live Action skit...guest starring..ono..as chun li LOL

Street Fighter x Tekken Live Show Video from GameVideos (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30990)

IGN Interview:

Gamescom: Street Fighter X Tekken Details - Xbox 360 Preview at IGN (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1114544p1.html)

Roogle
08-20-2010, 08:17 AM
I am not sure if I will be playing Street Fighter x Tekken or Tekken x Street Fighter. It depends entirely on the roster of characters for me.

There are certain characters that convince me to do more than play casually. There is a competitive environment for fighting games around here, so if I take up a fighting game, it has to be competitively, not casually.

Depression Moon
08-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Not really sure if I'll get either game now. I like SF and I like Tekken, but I feel a little burnt out on both and also with both games being sold separately as two $60 games, that's a lot of money and if I do play them, it'll probably be many years after it comes out.

Lionx
08-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Most likely SFxT is out at 2012, and a year after TxSF...so theres plenty of time imo.

The Art of Blending Tekken With Street Fighter (http://kotaku.com/5617635/the-art-of-blending-tekken-with-street-fighter)

On that note, at the very bottom mentioning Darkstalkers, Ono wants signatures for a new Darkstalkers game at his Twitter (he also checks Shoryuken.com for signatures apparently). Similarly Harada wants signatures for Soul Calibur 5.

Polnareff
08-21-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm definitely getting the Capcom version. I've fallen out of love with Tekken after 6. 6 just crapped on everything good about the Tekken series, and homogenized the characters (heh, same thing with Soul Calibur IV). I don't see them doing Capcom characters justice in anything outside of looks.

Nifleheim7
08-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I've fallen out of love with Tekken after 6. 6 just crapped on everything good about the Tekken series, and homogenized the characters (heh, same thing with Soul Calibur IV).

+1.

I was a big Tekken fan (not much of a SF fan though) but after the disaster that was Tekken 6 i'm seriously considering if i ever gonna buy a game that has Tekken on its cover.

Needles to say Street Fighter x Tekken doesn't interest me in the slightest (which is good considering the backlog tower of games i have yet to play.:p)

Pheesh
08-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Weird, Tekken 6 is definitely one of my favourites in the series. I don't see why some people hate it so much.

Depression Moon
08-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Only thing that was really different was that they added rage and bound.

Pheesh
08-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah, and I'm in love with bound, I think the effect it has on combo strings not only adds more depth, but it can make simply watching a match more enjoyable.

Fujiko
08-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Weird, Tekken 6 is definitely one of my favourites in the series. I don't see why some people hate it so much.

Yeah, and I'm in love with bound, I think the effect it has on combo strings not only adds more depth, but it can make simply watching a match more enjoyable.

I agree.

Rocket Edge
08-25-2010, 01:01 PM
I agree. If you take the time to learn the juggle combos it immerses you more into the game.

Mo-Nercy
08-25-2010, 04:43 PM
I agree. If you take the time to learn the juggle combos it immerses you more into the game.
I personally don't like bound so much. In T5 and DR, I liked to play with a focus on good oki - learning the opponent's preferences when it came to tech rolling and keeping them grounded/relaunching them for a follow up mini-juggle. I loved ending juggles prematurely and baiting the opponent to rise into a big hit for counter damage (e.g. Lee: launch, b+1:1~f, 1,2~f, 1,2~f, wait, f,f+3 or Asuka: launch, b+2,1,3, 1,2,3 [hold]). You can still do this in T6, of course, but there's less to gain from it since you can go for bound follow-ups instead.

That's just how it's affected my game though. I like what bound's done for the Tekken series in general. It's a series that's been constantly criticised for being a big jugglefest without a need for 'real skill'. Instead of Namco bowing to the pressure of having their fighter labelled a noob's game and easing up on the juggling aspects, they've created bound to bring more depth to it. Good on 'em for that. I do want bound to stay, I just wish I could get my head around it better xD

Rocket Edge
08-29-2010, 05:39 PM
I personally don't like bound so much. In T5 and DR, I liked to play with a focus on good oki - learning the opponent's preferences when it came to tech rolling and keeping them grounded/relaunching them for a follow up mini-juggle. I loved ending juggles prematurely and baiting the opponent to rise into a big hit for counter damage (e.g. Lee: launch, b+1:1~f, 1,2~f, 1,2~f, wait, f,f+3 or Asuka: launch, b+2,1,3, 1,2,3 [hold]). You can still do this in T6, of course, but there's less to gain from it since you can go for bound follow-ups instead.

That's just how it's affected my game though. I like what bound's done for the Tekken series in general. It's a series that's been constantly criticised for being a big jugglefest without a need for 'real skill'. Instead of Namco bowing to the pressure of having their fighter labelled a noob's game and easing up on the juggling aspects, they've created bound to bring more depth to it. Good on 'em for that. I do want bound to stay, I just wish I could get my head around it better xD
I mostly agree. I mean, that to me is what makes Tekken the best fighter I've ever played. It's the ability to mix up your game and juggle to confuse your opponent. For instance, I might launch a player and then when bounded, I might introduce the players special attack which does 90+ damage, granted they get up. Are you on PSN?