PDA

View Full Version : Jack Sparrow returns!

ljkkjlcm9
07-25-2010, 01:04 AM
The next Pirates of the Caribbean

YouTube - Jack Sparrow's Comic-Con Announcement (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qh5LrQNZZg&annotation_id=annotation_638738&feature=iv)

surprised no one has said anything!

THE JACKEL

Bunny
07-25-2010, 01:11 AM
please stop making these movies

ljkkjlcm9
07-25-2010, 01:15 AM
please stop making these movies

without Keira Knightley or Orlando Bloom, I think this movie holds much promise

THE JACKEL

Ouch!
07-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Geoffrey Rush was the only good thing about the third Pirates of the Carribean movie, and it looks as though he'll be reprising his role as Barbossa. Also, Ian McShane will be playing Blackbeard.

The reason Pirates of the Carribean was so good while its sequel were lackluster was because Johnny Depp was such a surprise as Jack Sparrow. I always thought that this was largely due to the fact that the script was hardly written around him; he took the role and made it his own. In the sequels, the screenplay revolved around the character's popularity and concerned itself with setting up jokes for him. He was so funny in the first because the quirky, almost-creepy humor came out of left field. It wasn't nearly as funny when everything was an obvious build-up to it.

Hopefully the screenplay for the new movie creates large enough roles for both Rush and McShane that Depp can play off of them instead of having the whole movie revolving around him and falling on its face as a result.

The lack of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley is also an improvement.

Pheesh
07-25-2010, 02:03 AM
I got pretty sick of these after the first one, but I'll probably end up seeing it anyway. Also, it's always nice to see Johnny Depp in a movie that isn't by Tim Burton.

Shorty
07-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Surprisingly, I just found out about this earlier today. I'm over the Pirates movies, though. They need to be done with. I really liked Calypso, though.

Also - Disney must think that making films from rides is really profitable, because they're coming out with a goddamned Jungle Cruise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_feature_films#Future_Releases) movie.

McLovin'
07-25-2010, 02:57 AM
Why do people dislike the PotC sequels? They were entertaining and funny. They kept the same atmosphere of the one's prior. All the fight choreography was well done stuff. Looking forward to the trailer for this one cause they're always epic!

Madame Adequate
07-25-2010, 03:07 AM
I thought PotC 2 and 3 were still very good, but the first really was a classic that outdoes them.

Still, this is a god tier cast right here. It cannot be bad with Depp, Rush, and McShane involved.

Hythloday
07-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Geoffrey Rush was the only good thing about the third Pirates of the Carribean movie, and it looks as though he'll be reprising his role as Barbossa. Also, Ian McShane will be playing Blackbeard.

The reason Pirates of the Carribean was so good while its sequel were lackluster was because Johnny Depp was such a surprise as Jack Sparrow. I always thought that this was largely due to the fact that the script was hardly written around him; he took the role and made it his own. In the sequels, the screenplay revolved around the character's popularity and concerned itself with setting up jokes for him. He was so funny in the first because the quirky, almost-creepy humor came out of left field. It wasn't nearly as funny when everything was an obvious build-up to it.

Hopefully the screenplay for the new movie creates large enough roles for both Rush and McShane that Depp can play off of them instead of having the whole movie revolving around him and falling on its face as a result.

The lack of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley is also an improvement.

This.

No matter what I'll see it though.

NorthernChaosGod
07-25-2010, 06:27 AM
I'mma see it. :jess:

Rad Bromance
07-25-2010, 06:53 AM
I've never saw any of them.

I won't be seeing this one.

PeneloRatsbane
07-25-2010, 04:48 PM
PotC three was the biggest let down, it was long, weird and boring. I loved 1 and 2 though they were fun

Necronopticous
07-25-2010, 07:44 PM
I am hard pressed to think of anything less interesting.

blackmage_nuke
07-25-2010, 10:28 PM
While I really enjoyed all the PotC movies currently out, I still feel three is enough, so unless the next movie is about Mr Gibbs then Im really not that interested.

NorthernChaosGod
07-25-2010, 11:47 PM

Twilight?

Vyk
07-26-2010, 02:03 AM
I had mixed feelings on the first one. And hated what I saw of the other two. I slept through most of both of them. I hated Kiera's character. Either she couldn't make up her mind who she wanted, or she was just using people. Those two movies were just torturous to me. And the obsessions over them by fans made me not even want to like them anyway. So its a good thing they weren't good. But I'll grant they're probably better than Twilight lol

Rad Bromance
07-26-2010, 04:41 AM

Twilight?
Twilight and it's fans are such a terrible site you can get a good few laughs out of being witness to it.

I doubt that's the case with any Johnny Depp film.