PDA

View Full Version : what party do you use???

reinward
07-25-2010, 03:37 AM
i usually use cloud, cid, and yuffie just because they are my favorite characters lol

before i get to rocket town i use red/nanaki in place of cid

leftay
07-25-2010, 03:47 AM
I usually use cloud, red, and yuffie! and sometimes i put in vincent instead of red

Christmas
07-25-2010, 04:13 AM
According to this old school guide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cax9i4z75Dk&feature=related), my party should be Cloud, Aeris and Tifa! :bigsmile:

Eagle299
07-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I tended to rotate my party fairly regularly, depending on my mood. Everyone saw action from time to time.

I also tended to assign everyone an element, at least in the early game. They'd get that element's materia linked to an All for their main offensive spell.

Cloud=Lightning
Barret=Earth
Tifa=Ice
Aeris=Holy (though sadly, no direct Holy damage spells available, and I'm pretty sure Alexander was only found after she died, so I just gave her Cure linked to All)
Red XIII=Fire
Yuffie=Water (Mainly through Leviathan)
Cait Sith=Gravity
Vincent=Bio
Cid=Air

Everyone also had their particular Command Materia, but I'm going to have to think back on how I distributed those.

ChickenHeart
07-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Tifa, Cloud and Vincent...but i realised that Vincents limits were terrible so i replaced Vincent with Cid.

Karifean
07-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Cloud and Cid were in for sure. Third one would be either Barret or Yuffie. If only Aerith would be available later on, her Limit Breaks would pwn everything.

Vermachtnis
07-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Cloud, Yuffie, and Barret

Mo-Nercy
07-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie.

Sometimes Vincent replaces one of the girls.

BarelySeeAtAll
07-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Cloud, Cid, and Tifa. She was stronger than Cloud once, and it scared me a lot.

Hot Shot
07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Cloud, Barret and Red.

leader of mortals
07-28-2010, 03:53 AM
On more recent playthroughs, I have used Cloud, Red, and Tifa.

When I was young, I'd use Cloud, Yuffie, and Vincent.

Before I used Cloud, Red, and Tifa, I liked to use Cloud, Cid, and either Yuffie or Vincent.

Raistlin
07-28-2010, 04:15 AM
Cloud, Tifa, Cid has been my main party for the majority of my playthroughs.

Masamunemaster
07-28-2010, 10:51 AM
90% of the time that I played the game it was the typical cloud barret and cid...might do a playthrough with cloud red and tifa or barret

Stjewy
07-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Cloud, Barret, Tifa :)

Saber
07-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Well I'll like to point out why I pick these characters or why I don't.

Barret is good, yes, but his missing score weapon sucks when you are loaded with master materia. This is because Master Materia has no AP and that's what the missing score deals damage with... AP.

Same with Vincent (another long range character). His Death Penalty deals damage due to how many enemies he's killed with it. I think it takes too long to raise it up plus his limit breaks suck imo. This is just my word, but I like to have control over the character.

Red XIII is a good character but I don't like his limit breaks too much. I'm not sure about what his weapon details are for unlimited moon, but I know that it's neither good or bad to me. Its not crapped out like Missing Score or Death Penalty. His limit breaks just isn't worth it compared to other hard hitters like Cloud, Barret, Cid, Tifa, or Yuffie (Doom of the Living). He does have a second level limit break that deals multiple damage but it isn't all that great.

Tifa is a good character but I have a problem with both her ultimate weapon and her limit breaks. In order for you to do max damage with her ultimate weapon you need to have a good size limit bar. Then when you use the limit break you will be doing petty damage until you get the bar up again. About her limit breaks, I hate missing and not getting the full 7 hits. Other characters are a sure thing but not hers. Its a little unfair.

Cait Sith only has two limit breaks and his weapon is based the same as Ultima Weapon, more HP = more damage. I dislike slots and dice is not all that great either. Plain and simple... I just don't like this character.

Cid is a Bad@$$ to me. Not only is his character in the game pretty good, Although he is the last character introduced if you get yuffie and vincent the moment you can. Anyways his ultimate weapon is based off the MP he has. If you have a high MP his weapon will do Max damage. His level 3 and 4 limit breaks can do crazy damage. Its a little random with a group of bad guys but on a one on one fights his limits can kill straight out. So I pick him as one of my main party members.

Okay now every one will have to pick cloud. So I'll skip him and just say that he is in my main party... duh.

Yuffie has a crap last limit break but her second level 3 limit break is one of my favorites in the game. I love her ultimate weapon cause it seems to me that there is no penalty that I've ever seen. If anything its got a boost. It can morph without dealing less damage then attacking. Atleast for me. The point is... Yuffie is in my main party of three.

So to answer its Cloud, Yuffie, Cid, Barret, Tifa, Red XIII, Vincent, Cait Sith in that order. Aeris would be up there if it was possible.

Crossblades
07-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I tended to rotate my party fairly regularly, depending on my mood. Everyone saw action from time to time.

This

gothicage
08-26-2010, 01:11 PM
i use cloud cid and red

Chloe.
08-27-2010, 04:32 PM
My main party is usually Cloud, Tifa and Red :jess:

Flying Arrow
08-27-2010, 04:54 PM
I generally go with Cloud/Aeris/Tifa for Disc 1. Afterwards, usually Barret. For my current playthrough I'm switching it up a bit and using Red for Gaea's Navel.

Two characters I've never used during a playthrough unless forced: Yuffie and Cait Sith. Fuck that noise.

Pyramid Head
08-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Cloud, Vincent and Red.
I used Vincent for healing, Red for magic attacks and Cloud for chopping.
chop chop

Kyros
08-31-2010, 12:30 AM
Cloud, Tifa, Cid

I don't really see a better party than this since Cid's the strongest in the game, Clouds the main chara and best overall chara, and Tifa always has a limit with multiple hits after you get her 2nd one. She's also pretty decent at magic, but I never really use that except to heal since it's pretty useless.

Wolf Kanno
08-31-2010, 04:58 AM
Cloud, Tifa and Aerith in the first disc. Afterwords, Aerith is usually replaced with Vincent. In my last playthrough, I started using a Barret, Cid and Cloud party which worked out rather well for me.

black orb
08-31-2010, 05:25 AM
>>> The only unremovable character in my party is Yuffie, so its Yuffie and other 2 random characters..:luca:

escobert
08-31-2010, 06:06 AM
Cloud Vincent and Red XIII. Or Cait Sith :D everyone hates his limits but I love em :p

Headsnap
08-31-2010, 08:04 PM
cloud, cid, and barret

DarkBahamut
09-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I've done them in this order:
Cloud, Red XIII, Barret (1st gameplay)
Cloud, Red XIII, Vincent
Cloud, Barret, Tifa
Cloud, Barret, Cid
Cloud, Barret, Yuffie
Cloud, Yuffie, Cid

Cloud, Barret, and Yuffie was my all-time favorite. Barret soon because my favorite character in battle. I had him at 225 or 226 strength, and Ungarmax went crazy.

MrSchpagge
09-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Cloud, Cid, and Barret.

They're the only one's who's final limit breaks cause damage multiple times; Highwind is especially helpful after giving Cid a Hero's Drink.

PeneloRatsbane
09-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Cloud, Yuffie, Cait Sith, because i never used Cait Sith the first few times i played it and i actually kind of like him.
I love to use Aeris as well, but alas...

DMKA
09-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Cloud, Barret and Cid when available. Whenever any are available at any point in the game, they're in the party.

I dunno, I just think that's the best party. It certainly is once you have everyone's level 4 limit breaks anyway.

Darkswordofchaos
09-14-2010, 02:44 AM
i used to use cloud nanaki and barret but after a few play throughs i switched up to cloud nanaki and yuffie

Saber
09-14-2010, 03:39 AM
Cloud, Vincent and Red.
I used Vincent for healing, Red for magic attacks and Cloud for chopping.
chop chop

Ouch Vincent as a healer? I've tried that before and it didn't go so well. Once he uses his limit break you lose control of him and therefor can not heal anyone. This is really bad in boss fights.

Roogle
09-22-2010, 11:34 PM
I chose a party of Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith during my first run with the game.

If I were to play the game, I would rotate the party regularly based on relevance to the overall storyline. Certain scenarios over the course of the game become much easier if you build all of your party members as if they are going to be used constantly rather than having them share resources like equipment and Materia.

KadajjXIII
07-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Well for me it depends on where I am in the game. Obviously Cloud, then Barret is second, Tifa 3rd. (I prefer Tifa next to me though so she's second spot.) Then once Red is obtained he replaces Barret. (Aerith and Cait can kma cause I like to hit hard they no hit hard :O) Then once I get to Nibelheim I level up until I can defeat Lost Number and obtain Vincent, then he replaces Red and that's my party for the rest of the game. Until you lose Cloud, then it's Tifa Vincent Red. Then once Tifa leaves Cid replaces her the others stay the same. Then once Cloud is reobtained back to Cloud Tifa Vincent ^.^

Greatermaximus
07-05-2011, 09:44 AM
At what point are you referring to? Most of the time? Special?

I ended the game with Cloud, Tifa, and Barret. Avalanche started the mess with Shinra and Seph so they have to get us out of it. The originals.

You use Cloud, Cid, and Yuffie to level up most of the time. I pretty much used them anyway because Conformer always does high damage even to lower enemies.

I avoided Cait-Sith, Red, and Vincent. I missed Vincent the first time.

AngelWings8
07-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Cloud, Tifa, and Barret. Didn't really have a reason, I suppose since they were in the game from the very beginning I just grew more attached to them as characters. Oh, and cause I <3 Tifa