PDA

View Full Version : I'm back. Ish.

Bastian
07-25-2010, 03:54 AM
So I've been neglecting EoFF for nearly a half year now (not that any of you lot noticed, I'm sure) because I've been having to focus on my other fav videogame franchise: Zelda. I write articles daily for the largest Zelda fan site.

But I've finally managed to get back to EoFF (slow Zelda news day) and MAN I've missed this place! I promise to check in at least weekly. I swear! Don't hurt me!

So I'm wondering, how long is the longest YOU'VE been gone from EoFF? And why?

Shorty
07-25-2010, 03:58 AM
I was gone for about four years or so, coming back every once in a while to post and to answer to Daniel's harassing about voting in the Ciddies. No specific reason - my "IRL life" was more interesting than online life.

and now it's not. So I'm back here.

Rye
07-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Welcome back! I'm moving this over to Wonder Square - we do our welcome backs there. =D

I think the longest was maybe a month? I don't really know. XD

Christmas
07-25-2010, 04:02 AM
Welcome back! :bigsmile:

Mine is around 2 to 4 years I think! :bigsmile:

Bastian
07-25-2010, 04:09 AM
Geeze, Christmas! Two to four years? How did you stand it?! And why were you gone?

And Rye, why were gone for a whole whopping month? :P

Christmas
07-25-2010, 04:38 AM
I am gone working so that I have food and curry to eat when I am hungry! :bigsmile:

How do I stand it? When I am gone so long, I dun really remember this place! :(

Momiji
07-25-2010, 05:44 AM
I was gone for a little over a year way back when I was obsessed with RO. =O

Pheesh
07-25-2010, 08:02 AM
I was gone for between 2 or 3 years I think. I stopped around the same time I started drinking alcohol, which I guess left little time for this place. I still drink alcohol, but now I drink enough that the pretty colours and long posts on this forum make me happy.

Welcome back by the way.

oddler
07-25-2010, 12:01 PM
I think I was gone for about 6 months maybe. I don't remember.

Welcome back. And don't call me Ish. :mad2:

Breine
07-25-2010, 02:15 PM
I think I was away for about a year or something like that some years ago, and then also when I was traveling, which was 7 months. I'd still check in every once in a while during those 7 months, but it wasn't a lot.

Also, welcome back Bastian!

Mo-Nercy
07-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Maybe 2-3 years.. I've left for an extended period of time on more than one occasion, so it's hard to say. Since registering in 2002, I've probably spent more time inactive than active.

Welcome back, Bastian!

Zeldy
07-25-2010, 03:25 PM
I remember you, Bastian! I remember you posting a picture of some tattoo on your shoulder or something! :jess:

I think I left for maybe a year.

BarelySeeAtAll
07-25-2010, 03:51 PM
The name rings a bell, not just because of it's real use name. I think it does have one. But I do remember you!!!! :jess:

I've been away for some amount of time I don't remember, who knows! But it was some time XD It was alright in the end, until I thought about how more mature I was and bored and hopefully everyone'd forgotten how immature I'd been back then.

:greenie:

SO HERE YOU ARE

xXsarahXx
07-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Wow has it been 6 months since your last post?! Doesnt seem that long ago!
Welcome back!

I think my longest absence was like 2 years but im more of a lurker than a poster so was no biggie really.
I know how you feel about writing articles daily, im a reviewer on a gaming site and have been so busy with E3, Post E3, finding news and im reporting from Gamescom in Germany next month, soooo much preperation! It kinda ends up ruling your life sometimes doesn't it!

Jiro
07-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Smurf you Bastian, I noticed you were absent! :( But it wasn't 6 months if we're being picky, you popped up for the Elections and then disappeared again. I thought ZU might have taken your attention for a while.

Longest I've been away? I dunno, I was "away" for 2-3 years or so but I think I posted a handful of times throughout, so I'd say just a year. ONE YEAR oh god. :weep:

EDIT: goddammit shlup

rubah
07-26-2010, 05:37 PM
maybe like a week?

Bastian
07-26-2010, 07:38 PM
And don't call me Ish. :mad2:
I'll try to remember that in the future, Is- er . . . oddler.

I know how you feel about writing articles daily, im a reviewer on a gaming site and have been so busy with E3, Post E3, finding news and im reporting from Gamescom in Germany next month, soooo much preperation! It kinda ends up ruling your life sometimes doesn't it!
It DOES! I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I have to write at least ONE (but preferably two or more) articles every day. It's fun. But it eats up too much time. E3 was hell! I wrote ten articles in a 24 hour period! And I'm the only writer there at the moment (for all intents and purposes). Ugh! /rant over.

Smurf you Bastian, I noticed you were absent! :(
Yay! Someone missed me! :D

I thought ZU might have taken your attention for a while.
It ruled my life. But now I'm setting up better boundaries. :D

EDIT: goddammit shlup
What did shlup do? I don't see a shlup post in here.

xXsarahXx
07-26-2010, 11:11 PM
1 or 2 articles a day, man thats harsh!
E3 was a nightmare, we had 2 people at the show itself and then 3 of us back home watching all the conferences and banging out news. Was 14 hour shifts over the weekend for all of us back home trying not to miss anything. Crazy stuff, but I actually really enjoyed it.

There's 6 of us going to Gamescom this year so im hoping it wont be quite so insane although its still gonna be hard work. This is my first show too so im nervous as hell!

What site do you write for? Ill go take a look at your work :D

Bastian
07-27-2010, 05:00 AM
1 or 2 articles a day, man thats harsh!
E3 was a nightmare, we had 2 people at the show itself and then 3 of us back home watching all the conferences and banging out news. Was 14 hour shifts over the weekend for all of us back home trying not to miss anything. Crazy stuff, but I actually really enjoyed it.

There's 6 of us going to Gamescom this year so im hoping it wont be quite so insane although its still gonna be hard work. This is my first show too so im nervous as hell!

What site do you write for? Ill go take a look at your work :D

I only had to cover the two hour Nintendo conference and Roundtable that evening.

I write for ZeldaUniverse.net

Goldenboko
07-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Hey Bastian, 'member me? :D

Bastian
07-27-2010, 05:11 AM
Hey Bastian, 'member me? :D

Haha, you're unforgettable, Goldenboko.