PDA

View Full Version : Most frustrating moment you've had in FFVII

reinward
07-25-2010, 04:38 AM
one time i was playing the basketball game at wonder square and got up to 310 GP and was on DOUBLE CHANCE going for 620 and then i MISSED IT and went down to 1 GP grrrrrrr

Wolf Kanno
07-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Trying to beat Speed Square legitimately. I've still never obtained the Parasol weapon for Aerith. :(

G13
07-25-2010, 10:39 AM
My last playthrough I got that and all the other goodies right off the bat. It was incredible, I'd never done it before and here I was cleaning up. I thought I'd cheated somehow.

I think my most frustrating moment was when I got to Diamond Weapon the first time I ever played it. I could never beat him. I tried so many times. Eventually I restarted the game because I was getting bored with not progressing the plot any further. I got to Diamond again and was expecting another tough fight but beat him the first time. I check the save file from the other game and my characters were a little lower than the previous game's characters. :eep:

I can only assume it was because I became more familiar with the game and learned some new tricks but it was pretty aggravating. I didn't feel any better at the game.

Christmas
07-25-2010, 11:17 AM
My most frustrating moment is I couldn't figure a way to revive Aerith! But after I check the net and realize it is not possible without cheats, I feel even more frustrated by the fact that I can't kill her myself after wasting all my time frustrating over how to revive her! :mymelbert:

Eagle299
07-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Probably for me it was right after I beat Diamond Weapon for the first time, and the cut scene that followed froze up. Repeatedly. Every time the Cannon was about to fire the game just froze. I ended up having to buy a new copy due to some small scratch.

Game play wise, probably the battle arena in the Gold Saucer when I would go in prepared to crush, and then it would break some crittical type of materia my whole plan was counting on. Either that, or trying to take on Emerald and Ruby Weapons before I knew about Knights of the Round materia.

Crop
07-26-2010, 01:08 AM
On my first play-though facing the Demon Wall. Or 'wall boss' as I called him. That twonk made me give up for months.

I still get frustrated every time I start a new save though, due to the fact I know I have to sit through that mind numbing flashback when in Kalm for the first time.

Flying Arrow
07-26-2010, 02:53 PM
The path between the Sector 5 Slums and Wall Market, just before the playground. Playing the game on PC in 1998 I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get through it. There's this pole that's actually a bridge, but the thing looks like it's jutting vertically into the air so I had no idea I had to run across it. Seriously, like two hours. Cloud and Aeris were stacked by the end of it, though. I actually almost even stopped playing out of frustration, but I found the atmosphere and characters so engaging that I couldn't put it down.

Other than that, I don't find FF7 to be a particularly frustrating game. This is good, because I am easily frustrated.

Carl the Llama
07-26-2010, 04:11 PM
There are 2 for me, the scene at Kalm with the flashback and the planet lesson in Cosmo Canyon... they always take so long and are incredibly boring :/

|-THE redmage-|
07-26-2010, 04:55 PM
The most frustrating moments for me would have to be the Kalm flashback whenever i play through a new file, attempting to beat Ruby Weapon (I still haven't beaten him yet), and attempting to breed a gold chocobo, I eventually found that you can give certain items (I don't remember which) to a guy in Kalm and get the chocobo with little effort needed

Crop
07-26-2010, 05:26 PM
The most frustrating moments for me would have to be the Kalm flashback whenever i play through a new file, attempting to beat Ruby Weapon (I still haven't beaten him yet), and attempting to breed a gold chocobo, I eventually found that you can give certain items (I don't remember which) to a guy in Kalm and get the chocobo with little effort needed

Yeah, ironically for you, you need to beat Ruby Weapon to get the item to give to the guy in Kalm for the chocobo.

Rase
07-26-2010, 06:22 PM
That time I played the game and was let down was pretty frustrating.

Zing!

But really, I got stuck in that that stupid ice mountain place forever my first time.

dunit697
07-26-2010, 11:32 PM
ruby and aeris

leader of mortals
07-28-2010, 04:00 AM
When I was younger, I could not ever easily beat Rapps or Demon Wall. I know that everyone always has trouble with those two, but I am no different.

Also, as a kid, I could not do the train in Corel. I don't know why, but I could never get it through my skull that I had to alternate levers, and I'd just push all the buttons I could.

MJN SEIFER
07-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Cary Armor.

Mo-Nercy
07-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Frickin' Rapps!

VeloZer0
07-30-2010, 01:58 AM
The path between the Sector 5 Slums and Wall Market, just before the playground. Playing the game on PC in 1998 I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get through it. There's this pole that's actually a bridge, but the thing looks like it's jutting vertically into the air so I had no idea I had to run across it. Seriously, like two hours. Cloud and Aeris were stacked by the end of it, though. I actually almost even stopped playing out of frustration, but I found the atmosphere and characters so engaging that I couldn't put it down.
Oh man I forgot about that. Exact same story here.

Other than that. I was playing once on my Laptop->S-Video->TV a few years ago and blowing through at fairly low levels. After clearing Wutai I went up the Pagoda with Yuffie who I had never used. All went well until Goda, who heals himself. I was keeping track and I was doing approximately the same damage he was healing. I spent over an hour fighting him, burned through all of my ethers and elixers and was just about ready to throw my controller at the TV. He FINALLY died and right as the post-fight cutscene was playing the game crashed.....
I just got up very slowly and silently and went to bed because I didn't trust myself to do anything without flipping out.

The Space Pope
07-30-2010, 02:10 AM
Trying to figure out what the Tissue item did.

Besides the obvious. :jokey:

Masamunemaster
07-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Trying to figure out what the Tissue item did.

Besides the obvious. :jokey:

This and those dang 1/64 soldiers always made me think there was sort of hidden thing they do....like 999999999 damage or something lol

but yea....demon wall...over and over:hot:

silentenigma
07-30-2010, 07:03 PM
the prerendered treasure chest in kalm still frustrates me to this day.

razorrozar7
07-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I haven't gotten very far into VII yet... but those bloody chocobos, right before Mithral Mines, absolutely REFUSED to stay in the fights, no matter how many greens I gave them.

Me: A chocobo! (Focuses attacks on one enemy while feeding Mimett Greens to chocobo.)
(About the time that enemy falls...)
Chocobo: Wark!!! (Runs away.)
Me: Son of a goomba.

(Process repeats approximately 15 times.)
Me: SCREW THIS!

And I'm not even going to TALK about Chocobuckle.

Carl the Llama
07-31-2010, 02:46 AM
I haven't gotten very far into VII yet... but those bloody chocobos, right before Mithral Mines, absolutely REFUSED to stay in the fights, no matter how many greens I gave them.

Me: A chocobo! (Focuses attacks on one enemy while feeding Mimett Greens to chocobo.)

You need to feed it Gyshal Greens the Mimett greens is one of the chocobo's favorite items to eat so it will take very little time for it to gobble it up, Gyshal Greens on the other hand is its least favorite item and thus will take longer to eat it. (like how you will always push brussle sprouts to the corner of the plate just to avoid eating them until its unavoidable lol).

Also I would recommend putting the greens at the very top of the item list just so you dont have to look for it.

P.s. if you cant be bothered to hunt for a chocobo to carry you across there is a way to avoid the Midgar Zolom by running across the marsh until it is very near you, save game and reload, it will be far away from you again, rinse and repeat.

razorrozar7
07-31-2010, 02:51 AM

You need to feed it Gyshal Greens the Mimett greens is one of the chocobo's favorite items to eat so it will take very little time for it to gobble it up, Gyshal Greens on the other hand is its least favorite item and thus will take longer to eat it. (like how you will always push brussle sprouts to the corner of the plate just to avoid eating them until its unavoidable lol).

Also I would recommend putting the greens at the very top of the item list just so you dont have to look for it.

P.s. if you cant be bothered to hunt for a chocobo to carry you across there is a way to avoid the Midgar Zolom by running across the marsh until it is very near you, save game and reload, it will be far away from you again, rinse and repeat.

I did end up doing the greens-at-top-of-list... the strategy I finally used also included preparing two Limit Breaks so the accompanying enemies would die in one turn.

Also, replace 'brussels sprouts' with 'asparagus.' :barf:

MJN SEIFER
08-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Frickin' Rapps!

The only thing that anoyed me about Rapps is that I really felt like I should have somehow been able to use Aero3, but I can't.

Also, I still have yet to see Aero and Aero2 - I genuinly think they had a Materia planned, but changed their minds, but kept Aero3, but never bothered to change the name.

VeloZer0
08-02-2010, 01:04 AM
I did end up doing the greens-at-top-of-list... the strategy I finally used also included preparing two Limit Breaks so the accompanying enemies would die in one turn.

Just what I was going to recommend to you. I tried two or three times using greens on my first playthrough and it never worked. After I thought of using Limit Breaks I have done so every playthrough since.

Carl the Llama
08-03-2010, 04:06 AM

Just what I was going to recommend to you. I tried two or three times using greens on my first playthrough and it never worked. After I thought of using Limit Breaks I have done so every playthrough since.

Seems a complete waste of a limit break if you ask me but your choice lol.

VeloZer0
08-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Not ripping out my hair trying to catch a stupid chocobo is a good investment if you ask me :)
With Fury the Lv1 Limit Breaks come really fast as well. Takes a battle or two only.

|-THE redmage-|
08-03-2010, 04:45 PM

Yeah, ironically for you, you need to beat Ruby Weapon to get the item to give to the guy in Kalm for the chocobo.

Yeah, I got to thinking about that after I wrote it, i must've beaten him at some point

razorrozar7
08-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Not ripping out my hair trying to catch a stupid chocobo is a good investment if you ask me :)
With Fury the Lv1 Limit Breaks come really fast as well. Takes a battle or two only.

And you have to grind at some point anyway. ^_^

Stecloud
08-07-2010, 11:53 AM
It was very annoying when I got trapped in the Northern Cave because of a glitch that occurs if you put the save point in a certain place. All my friends were off fighting Ultima Weapon, and I was stuck down below stupidly under-levelled.

razorrozar7
08-07-2010, 11:57 AM
I've read about that... fortunately soon enough to avoid getting caught by it myself.

Stecloud
08-07-2010, 12:06 PM
I've read about that... fortunately soon enough to avoid getting caught by it myself.

The worst part is, it happens at a point in the game that seemed logical to place the Crystal (where the party has to split in two). It was so frusstrating.

Flying Arrow
08-20-2010, 03:28 PM
I've just discovered the new worst part about FFVII: ladders. Why is it so goddamn hard to make Cloud latch on to a ladder and climb it? It seems like you have to be standing on the exact pixel to grab it. Granted, I have an awful third-party PS2 controller that I'm using, but still. I'm running back and forth clicking X X X X X X X X X X X X.

The Bone Village excavation will haunt my dreams for weeks now.

Loony BoB
08-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Hmmm. Probably the final battle.

Takara
08-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Stepping into the march before Mythril Cave during my first playthrough and getting attacked by the Midgar Zolom. Instant game over. Repeatedly.

It never occured to me to go to the Chocobo Ranch to get greens and capture my first chocobo to cross until a friend pointed it to me 3 days later. I thought I was supposed to beat that sucker. :o

Masamunemaster
08-20-2010, 07:15 PM
The part in junon where you have to get in sync with the marching for rufus.....never have got above 55><

Logie
08-21-2010, 01:16 AM
The first time I played it, my first disc was scratched so it would often freeze during the cut-scenes.. totally ruined the atmospheric stuff for me. Graaaar.

MrSchpagge
08-21-2010, 01:13 PM
"Attack while it's tail is up."

Stecloud
08-23-2010, 10:44 AM
"Attack while it's tail is up."

That bit is worded so poorly, especially for an enthusiastic young player. Silly Square.

Headsnap
09-03-2010, 12:16 PM
The biggest problem i had was the demon wall. saved the game and headed to kill the red dragon and demon wall. no time between fights to save or do anything. well i didnt level up enought to really take on this boss so i kept wipeing every attempt.in order to go back and level before the fight i had to go back to an older save point....4 hours before. what a lost. oh well had 4 hours to really level up right for the fight.

Flying Arrow
09-03-2010, 02:57 PM

The worst part is, it happens at a point in the game that seemed logical to place the Crystal (where the party has to split in two). It was so frusstrating.

I completely forgot about this and actually placed my save point exactly here last night when I was finishing off my game. I've played VII a number of times before, so I've already done everything that there is to be done and had no intention of continuing to play after seeing the ending. Crisis avoided.

Masamunemaster
09-03-2010, 06:50 PM
The biggest problem i had was the demon wall. saved the game and headed to kill the red dragon and demon wall. no time between fights to save or do anything. well i didnt level up enought to really take on this boss so i kept wipeing every attempt.in order to go back and level before the fight i had to go back to an older save point....4 hours before. what a lost. oh well had 4 hours to really level up right for the fight.

I cant remember if it is just the pc version or not, but I just got past this part last night and there is a guy right before that heals for free and lets you save......and I also realized how dumb I was to always leave aeris with healing wind all the time....fury brand+meteorain+angermax=one turn win lol