PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo experiment.

Rozaheku
07-25-2010, 01:58 PM
I discovered something interesting while farming for items with the Chocobo on Gran Pulse. I was looking for those Moogle and Chocobo dolls because they are worth a lot of Gill. While doing so I noticed how to find those rare sons of biscuits a lot faster!

These are the results I got:

* I was running around finding treasure until I finally got a Moogle Doll.
* After I got the Doll I went to a Cie'th Stone and teleported to Vallis Media. I ran to the Save point and saved my progress then I teleported back and hopped on a Chocobo. Sadly I got neither a Chocobo or a Moogle doll.
* I did the same exact thing, teleported to Valiis Media, saved, and teleported back again. This time I got Chocobo Plush!
* I did it yet another time and I noticed some kind off patern.
Everytime you get one of those rare Chocobo items and you teleport to a different area and save there it somehow effects the random number generator of the game (you can google that).

The cycle is like this:

* Got a Chocobo Plush or Moogle doll. (afterwards you teleport to a different area and save there.)
~
* Got nothing. (afterwards teleport and save)
* Got a Chocobo Plush or Moogle doll. (teleport, save.)
~
* Repeat cycle.

I tried this out several times and strangely enough it worked, at least for me. If somebody here is interested in testing this (or just bored) I would really like to hear if you also had succes with this method. Just follow the cycle above and post your result. If this works, its possible to earn money real fast (yay?). I also think this method applies to getting rare drops from battles as well but I'm not 100% sure.

edit: Strangely enough the trick only seems to work when I teleport to Yaschas Massif - The Tsubaddran Highlands. This might differ if you have a PS3 from a different series but you might as well try it out anyway. If it doesn't work you could try teleporting to different areas.