PDA

View Full Version : The Music...

Iwrestledabearonce
07-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Does anyone like it as much as I do? Like, I'm in love with Blinded by Light, the battle theme, and Saber's Edge, the boss battle theme... I found the music to be so perfect for the game. Anyone else agree??

Eagle299
07-25-2010, 10:05 PM
I have my fair share of complaints about this game. The music is not one of them. Its not my favorite soundtrack of the series, but I still found it enjoyable. I'd add it to my iPod, but I can't buy it as an album for some reason, and I won't pay $80 for each individual track.

leftay
07-26-2010, 02:52 AM
ffxiii's soundtrack is probably the one I have listened to the most..the music is great!!! :D my favorites are Fang's Theme and March of the Dreadnoughts^^

Jessweeee♪
07-26-2010, 05:06 AM
Yes, definitely!

Draniei
07-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Yeah, I loved the music but alot of it reminded me of FFX.

Ouch!
07-29-2010, 12:24 PM
The soundtrack is easily the best part of the entire game. The Promise is probably the best overarching used throughout the series, although I do think that a few too many tracks use its melody. Then again, that's also my complaint for FFIX's soundtrack (I swear half that soundtrack is one arrangement of Melodies of Life or another), which I tend to regard as the series's best.

Iwrestledabearonce
07-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I loved the music but alot of it reminded me of FFX.

That's probably because Masashi Hamauzu helped make the FFX soundtrack. X's music is also godly :p

Zora
08-02-2010, 01:34 AM
I have my fair share of complaints about this game. The music is not one of them. Its not my favorite soundtrack of the series, but I still found it enjoyable. I'd add it to my iPod, but I can't buy it as an album for some reason, and I won't pay $80 for each individual track.

Square Enix is selling the album (I mean, the actual CD's. Can't buy iTunes album yet) for thirty bucks you know :monster:

Edit: Here's a link: SQUARE ENIX Online Store - FINAL FANTASY XIII Original Soundtrack (http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.175291700)

But, I loved the soundtrack. Just very well done. There are times when I felt songs were played out of place, but that was more a fault of the director than the composer.

Dreddz
08-02-2010, 05:49 PM
I found most of the music to add a nice ambiance to the game. Plus the battle themes are the best in the entire series in my opinion. Not my favourite soundtrack in the series but its definitely up there.