PDA

View Full Version : A MOUSE!

Shorty
07-25-2010, 10:28 PM
So I was watching The Rescuers, and the part came on where Medusa jumps up onto a chair and screams "A MOUSE!", and I was reminded of my mother doing the same thing a couple of years ago when one came out of hiding under our stove and scampered across the kitchen.

Do mice scare you? What about other pests - spiders, bees, ants, snakes, etc?

(For he record, I love snakes.)

Fujiko
07-25-2010, 11:12 PM
I don't mind mice, spiders are cool, bees are cool but I don't want them near me. Now ants, I don't mind having one or two on my hand to observe but if I know they're all over I scream like a little girl. :(

For the record, Sarah, I loathe snakes! :(

Edit: if there is one thing I cannot stand it's the European earwig! During the summer they are everywhere! They land on you when you take a shower, when you cook food; they're all over your things and they're disgusting!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/34/Earwig_on_white_background.jpg/800px-Earwig_on_white_background.jpg

Shorty
07-26-2010, 12:06 AM
Ugh, no earwigs. Also, I should mention COCKROACHES. :(

Fujiko
07-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Omg, cockroaches. *runs*

Rantz
07-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Mice and the like don't faze me. Earwigs, spiders and crap make me uncomfortable because they can be so fast and I'm like DON'T COME CLOSE I'LL SMACK YOU.

But what really freaks me out are bigass moths! One second it's like "hey where did you go" and the next second it's BUZZING RIGHT NEXT TO MY EAR and I'm all "eep" and flailing my arms and jumping under the covers.

BardTard
07-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Mice don't scare me, only when I see a random figure dart across my living room floor it startles me. But they don't -scare- me, I think they are cute. (I love all animals)

I used to be afraid of spiders and bugs and would kill them on the spot if I saw them, but now I just leave them alone unless they're in my shower or touching me... that bothers me.

SNAKES on the other hand, funny story. A few weeks ago I came out of the shower and saw a snake between my bedroom and the bathroom. It freaked me out at first because I'd never seen a snake in my life other than in pictures or behind a clear wall in a zoo, and I'm rather uneducated when it comes to types of snakes and was just naturally scared because I didn't know if it was a dangerous one or not. Well, my mom called animal control from her bedroom and I had to keep the snake in place. I'm surprised that it actually seemed to understand me... there was a bookcase on the wall and it hid behind it, and if it started to come out I told it to go back in and it did. After a while I kinda liked the snake though, cus it had a really cute face and it never tried to attack anybody... And eventually I figured out what type of snake it was and now I feel foolish for being afraid of it.

And I just have to share this, my mom is afraid of anything that moves and is not human. She's afraid of mice, snakes, bugs, spiders, bats, even birds and butterflies. She's so easy to scare.

fire_of_avalon
07-26-2010, 02:33 AM
I am afraid of cockroaches. Very afraid. I also don't like centipedes and millipedes, but I can be in the same room with them.

I'm not scared of much else.

Rye
07-26-2010, 02:35 AM
I don't think very much bothers me, unless it's literally in my bed. Then I freak, because I imagine the bug in my mouth or nose.

Bunny
07-26-2010, 02:41 AM
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab359/tbcx/P1010752.jpg

I ain't 'fraid of nothin'

Vermachtnis
07-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Mice are cute. I was watching this thing on Discovery the other day about giant mice. Not capibaras, but actual giant mice. I wanted one.

I hate snakes, cockroaches, earwigs, spiders, etc. Me am smash them to mush!

Aurey
07-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Insects are big jerks. They barge in unannounced and uninvited, and they immediately head towards you and start feeling you up. Or they start crawling on your walls, or hang out in your hair towels and cupboards and get into your food and drink. And whole time they're over you're like "GO HOME!" and when they don't listen you have no choice, you have to commit homicide and flush the body down the toilet so no one gets suspicious.

WHY I HATE SUMMER PART ONE

Shorty
07-26-2010, 02:59 AM
and when they don't listen you have no choice, you have to commit homicide and flush the body down the toilet so no one gets suspicious.

Do you mean pesticide? :D

Cuchulainn
07-26-2010, 03:26 AM
typical fucking women. Grow some.

G13
07-26-2010, 03:56 AM
I'm not too good with bugs. Specifically the crawlers with more legs than I care to count. I freak out and punch them as hard as humanly possible. Creepy little bastards come into my house and raise a nasty little family in some forgotten corner of the world and don't pay rent? Not happenin'.

Raistlin
07-26-2010, 04:00 AM
I hate spiders with a fiery passion.

Rodarian
07-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Mice/rats don't scare me, but they do gross me cause they a plague carrying poop drops :mad2:

Bugs don't frighten me either...

Reptiles I am phobic to ! Lizards and snakes cause me to behave like a little girl! :eek:

Bunny
07-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Mice/rats don't scare me, but they do gross me cause they a plague carrying poop drops

Nope

Rodarian
07-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Mice/rats don't scare me, but they do gross me cause they a plague carrying poop drops

Nope

Rodent droppings are deadly , ain't no way you're making me think other wise...

Bunny
07-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Non-pet rodents, yes, but the average everyday pet rat (fancy rat) is more-or-less as safe as your cat or dog. The only way they can carry any disease is if they come into contact with an actual wild rat. If they are raised in the proper atmosphere as they should be, it will not happen.

Meat Puppet
07-26-2010, 08:31 AM

Hmm...

Mo-Nercy
07-26-2010, 08:53 AM
I used to keep mice as pets. They were cute. And I've been groomed into having a "meh" attitude toward rats after working in McDonalds for 5 years.

I hate cockroaches though. I always go for the spray instead of a shoe or swat because I don't even want to go near them. And I never want to be the one to pick up the corpse.

Jiro
07-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Mice and the like don't faze me. Earwigs, spiders and crap make me uncomfortable because they can be so fast and I'm like DON'T COME CLOSE I'LL SMACK YOU.

But what really freaks me out are bigass moths! One second it's like "hey where did you go" and the next second it's BUZZING RIGHT NEXT TO MY EAR and I'm all "eep" and flailing my arms and jumping under the covers.

This pretty much covers it.

Imperfectionist
07-26-2010, 03:25 PM
The only reason i'd be scared of a mouse is because I think of how disease ridden it must be and I don't want that anywhere near me. Other than that they're kinda cute.

I'm terrified of any kind of bug though :( Huge moths and spiders make me cry.

Shorty
07-26-2010, 06:04 PM

Hmm...

Quiet. :(

Madame Adequate
07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Don't mind rodents of any sort. They're pretty cute. I'm not a fan of spiders, but I absolutely despite centipedes and millipedes with the burning fury of a thousand suns. These things prove that there is a God - and he is a cruel and capricious God who hates us.

Clo
07-26-2010, 06:52 PM
As long as it's not a bug, I am unphased by it.

I have a gecko right now, albeit a JERKFACE one, and I tried bringing home mice from the school lab several times to my mom's fury back when I was in high school. Which means I should get some for the new apartment, amirite?! I had a pet turkey once, salamanders, and loads of fish.

See, I like more than cats. :colbert:

Breine
07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
typical smurfing women. Grow some.

xD

I don't like big spiders, but that's probably the only thing. Everything else is cool.

Nominus Experse
07-26-2010, 11:52 PM

Shlup
07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
I hate spiders with a fiery passion.

I hate spiders with a piss-my-pants passion. I have been known to vomit in self-defense.

fire_of_avalon
07-27-2010, 03:22 AM
typical smurfing women. Grow some.
Hey. HEY. I don't need to grow :bou::bou::bou::bou:. I got plenty. For everyone. But cockroaches are of the devil. And now, you have to catch them all for me and take them outside. How do you like that?

Non-pet rodents, yes, but the average everyday pet rat (fancy rat) is more-or-less as safe as your cat or dog. The only way they can carry any disease is if they come into contact with an actual wild rat. If they are raised in the proper atmosphere as they should be, it will not happen.
You are so cute with your new babies.

~*~Celes~*~
07-27-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm not too good with bugs. Specifically the crawlers with more legs than I care to count. I freak out and punch them as hard as humanly possible. Creepy little bastards come into my house and raise a nasty little family in some forgotten corner of the world and don't pay rent? Not happenin'.

Fujiko
07-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Creepy little bastards come into my house and raise a nasty little family in some forgotten corner of the world and don't pay rent? Not happenin'.

xDDD

Hot Shot
07-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Mice, bees, cockroaches and any hairy insects :(

Bunny
07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
You are so cute with your new babies.

I knew this beforehand >:|

but yeah i know right :D

nicoledc109
07-28-2010, 04:52 AM
I HATE MOUSE BUT I LIKE CAT :d

Laddy
07-29-2010, 08:06 AM
I am deathly afraid of all invertabrates.

I like mice, though! So kawaii! (=^_^=)

Levian
07-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Madame Medusa from The Rescuers is so evil, I used to be terrified of her.

escobert
07-29-2010, 08:30 PM
No mice aren't scary!