PDA

View Full Version : When and How do i get mog FF6

MinatoxNaruto
07-27-2010, 02:34 AM
i am at the part where i have to goto the ophra house and i have to try to get the airship when do i get mog

Wolf Kanno
07-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Your first chance to get Mog happens after you visit the southern continent and deal with the Empire a little bit. You'll finally have full control of the airship and can return to Narshe.

Go to the house on the far right of the town where the old man keeps his treasures. If you visited before, you know one of the treasures was "locked". You'll encounter Lone Wolf the Pickpocket who has stolen this treasure and you will chase him around Narshe and the Mines. Finally you will corner him in the area by the Frozen Esper and he'll have Mog as hostage. You basically have to choose between Mog or a Gold Hairpin item. Mog can be acquired later but its much later. Also if you are playing any version of VI that's isn't the GBA version, Mog will never be able to acquire one of his Dances if you choose the Gold Hairpin over him.

Hope this helps without too many spoilers. ;)

Saber
07-27-2010, 04:53 AM
Might I add that you can get golden hairpins later on in the game. I would strongly suggest you get Mog ASAP. Also about that dance you can miss, you get it by going through the serpents drench (sp?). You need Mog in your party and then go through the underwater place and fight. Then he'll learn the dance and you can be on your way. You can get almost all of Mogs dances when you first get him.

blackmage_nuke
07-27-2010, 07:38 AM
You can also get his underwater dance at Lete River

Eagle299
07-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Ofcourse, if you go down the Lete River or the Serpent Trench, you have to return by the other to get back to your airship, so either way is good, just be prepare for a long walk.

Its worth it, though, the water dance is one of his better dance powers.

MinatoxNaruto
07-27-2010, 07:50 PM
thank you all i just got terra back and i made the deal with the empire to help then i need to get the airship and goto cresent island can i get him now and if so where is Lete River/Serpent Trench and if i get mog now by saving him from lone wolf what lvl will he be (i dont think i can get him now because from what im guessing im only allowed to use Terra and Locke for now)

MinatoxNaruto
07-27-2010, 07:54 PM
2 things im at the part where i finished dinner with the empire can i get mog now/i have the genji glove and ultima weapon is there a genji armor/shield/sword/helm in the game and is genji sword stronger than ultima weapon

blackmage_nuke
07-27-2010, 09:14 PM
You just skipped over the part where you can get mog, but you can still get him a little later when you get your airship back. I assume this is the part where it's crash landed. (you're heading to cresent island on a boat, not your airship)

And there is no Genji Sword however there is an Armour helmet and sheild but I dont think theyre the most powerful armour.

MinatoxNaruto
07-28-2010, 12:04 AM
ok when CAN i get mog because i am making a new game anyways when can i go get mog (of corse for my new game)

theundeadhero
07-28-2010, 01:25 AM
After the Opera House when you first get Setzer and have control of the airship you should be able to return to Narshe and choose between Mog or the Golden Hairpin. As mentioned, there's another Gold Hairpin later in the game and you can also fight for them at the colliseum but they aren't all that great. Once you get him put him in your party and then fly to the Veldt. Jump into the water like you did with Gau, Cyan and Sabin. Ride it out then you'll have to walk to South Figaro and go on a boat ride. After the ride you should be able to walk back through the forest and jump back onto the Veldt to reach your airship again.

Crossblades
07-28-2010, 04:51 AM
thank you all i just got terra back and i made the deal with the empire to help then i need to get the airship and goto cresent island can i get him now and if so where is Lete River/Serpent Trench and if i get mog now by saving him from lone wolf what lvl will he be (i dont think i can get him now because from what im guessing im only allowed to use Terra and Locke for now)

Mog will be around level 25 when he joins you IIRC

MinatoxNaruto
07-28-2010, 05:30 AM
this is off topic but hell this is my topic so in the clock in zozo what is the time i need

Wolf Kanno
07-28-2010, 05:55 AM
6 hours, 10 minutes, and 50 seconds. :ffviwag:

blackmage_nuke
07-28-2010, 07:49 AM
After the Opera House when you first get Setzer and have control of the airship you should be able to return to Narshe and choose between Mog or the Golden Hairpin. As mentioned, there's another Gold Hairpin later in the game and you can also fight for them at the colliseum but they aren't all that great. Once you get him put him in your party and then fly to the Veldt. Jump into the water like you did with Gau, Cyan and Sabin. Ride it out then you'll have to walk to South Figaro and go on a boat ride. After the ride you should be able to walk back through the forest and jump back onto the Veldt to reach your airship again.

No after the opera house you are automatically flown to the Vector continent, you only get control of the airship after the magitek factory and Terra rejoins your party.

MinatoxNaruto
07-28-2010, 07:38 PM
thank you all i now have mog early in the game

one more thing where can i find lete river and what do dances do also what is mogs best dance

1 more thing if i have 9999 hp how much damage should ultima weapon do

Just use the edit button if you need to say more. The forum doesn't allow W-Posts ~ WK

Crossblades
07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
one more thing where can i find lete river and what do dances do also what is mogs best dance

Lete river is in the returner's hideout on the other side of mt. Kolts. Mog's dances deals with different types of techniques that have to do with certain terrain like water, snow, sand, etc. When you select a dance, mog will continue to do that dance until he gets KO'd or the battle ends. There is also a chance that mog may stumble. IMO Wind Song Mog's best dance because of sun bath, which heals your entire party, and plasma, which does alot of damage to a single enemy.

Wolf Kanno
07-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Earth Blues also kicks ass as well as Water Rondo. ;)

Ultima Weapon does damage based level and relation of current HP to Max HP, basically the weapon does more damage as you level and get more HP but this damage is calculated as well by how much HP the wielder has, meaning it does its maximum damage when you are at full health and will decrease in power as you lose HP from taking damage. The weapon also ignores defense ratings so its quite easy to pull off 9999hp damage without being maxed level or having max hp. :D

blackmage_nuke
07-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Apparently if you do the dance of the location you are already in (eg. you perform Earth Blues in the mountains) then Mog wont stumble.

MinatoxNaruto
07-29-2010, 03:52 AM
wow blackmage thanks i didnt know that so that is why he stumbles alot also thank you too wolf kanno as well as you CrossBlades and everybody else im about to go up on the floating land but someone tell me what happen general leo dies then intercepter comes and he is hurt but shadow is no where to be found does that mean shadows dead

theundeadhero
07-29-2010, 04:03 AM

No after the opera house you are automatically flown to the Vector continent, you only get control of the airship after the magitek factory and Terra rejoins your party.It was sequential :p It didn't really mean right away.

Wolf Kanno
07-29-2010, 04:23 AM
wow blackmage thanks i didnt know that so that is why he stumbles alot also thank you too wolf kanno as well as you CrossBlades and everybody else im about to go up on the floating land but someone tell me what happen general leo dies then intercepter comes and he is hurt but shadow is no where to be found does that mean shadows dead

Shadow is well.... If you want to know, take a party of three (don't bring Celes) and go to the floating continent.Also, no matter what happens, keep waiting. ;)

Mog is pretty good there with Earth Blues Dance, also Strago can learn quite a few Lores here but it might be better to wait and do it on the Veldt with him. If you haven't gone to the floating continent yet, go back to Jidoor and check the auction out, a few new items have arrived so keep checking in. Also check out Tzen as well cause someone is willing to sell a pretty awesome item there.

MinatoxNaruto
07-31-2010, 01:54 AM
lol right now i have Celes,Sabin,Cyan,and Edgar in my party lol

yo wolf kanno i know you find him on the floating island and if you wait for 5 seconds he will jump with you but then the ship cracks in half and you have to find everybody

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Shadow can be found in the cave on the Veldt, afterwards you have to bet a certain Ninja blade at the Coliseum to recruit him but not until after you return to Thamasa and see he's missing.

If you hadn't saved him, Relm would have taken his place cause he would have died on the Floating Continent. :ffvishock: :ffvitrouble: