PDA

View Full Version : PagaFantas

Rodarian
07-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Read and watch this Unrequited love: are you a 'pagafantas'? (http://www.cafebabel.co.uk/article/30804/pagafantas-spanish-expression-best-friend-love.html)

So tell me, how many of us blokes (or Lassies) have had a situation where you would really like someone only that you've been given the short end (or rather your rear end)For someone. I know its happened for me on several occasions. Now I take it as it comes but, I've seen a lot more fellows fall for this trap. I mean I have many attractive friends but its one particular that you just wouldn't mind being with but unfortunately that person will never see it at your level. Yours thoughts my fellow members

Bunny
07-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Nope. Never experienced this.

rubah
07-29-2010, 11:23 PM
The word ‘pagafantas’ has no translation. Yet this type of chump is not exclusive to Spain

Makes me think of cabrón, but I guess that wouldn't a translation, would it 8D

or "Nice Guy (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nice+guy&r=f)"

The Space Pope
07-30-2010, 12:22 AM
I've never felt any 'special' attraction towards anyone in particular, mostly because I don't get emotionally invested in people. I don't pine over people or build up some relationship with someone that exists only in my head. If I want something, I figure out how to get it.

However, I seem to attract people who're in the middle of bad relationships and end up being the person that someone cheats with, but I can live with that.

Laddy
07-30-2010, 03:30 AM
I'd buy you a drink, Rod! :bigsmile:

Clo
07-30-2010, 04:01 AM
I'm usually the one cutting people off.

AND LAUGHING ABOUT IT.

blackmage_nuke
07-30-2010, 04:47 AM
When I realise I dont have a chance I usually just stop the friendship at a certain level so I dont get too close and have my high hopes shattered. It's probably really confusing becuase one day Im all helpful and friendly and the next Im treating her like a casual aquaintence. Not that im not helpful and friendly to casual aquaintences I just dont put as much heart into it.