PDA

View Full Version : Can't score even a single goal in blitzball, need dire help

mindfray
07-31-2010, 09:37 AM
I have no clue who to hire for my team, or where they are located.

i have no clue how to defend or mark properly.
I have no clue what positions should mark what positions.

i really need a blitzball for dummies type deal here.

ive read some guides on gamefaqs and still can't score a single goal.

i have the airship so i can go anywhere to recruit.

need help badly

thanks

ChickenHeart
07-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Firstly...Marks. These are easy to figure out, say if you select Tidus, and then look at the opposing team lineup, if you scroll down the list there might be a skill which is highlighted in aqua. There might be just one or more, select the one which is best for that player (if s/hes mainly defence, shoot, pass etc.). After you've set the marks you play. If one of the opposing team members uses that skill, which you've marked them onto, you have a chance to learn it. By pressing X when 'techcopy' flashes up.

Players: (copied this from a website)

LW - Tidus
MF - Brother - on the airship
RW Wedge - he's guarding the blitzball stadium entrance
D Kyou - on the bridge in front of Djose Temple
D Ropp - The mihen hightoad inn (inside, counter)
G Miyu - Moonflow, North Bank, in the area before you acquire Rikku

I've played with most of these before, and they make any match a breeze. Other players are Balgerda (number 3 dock, shes a luca goer). Nimrook is the games best goalie, hes on the airship with the rest of the al bhed pyshes (sp), when hes available to hire, hire him as fast as you can.

Use that setup in the first quote and you should be ok, have Tidus have Jecht shot on his abilities if you have it.

Hope i helped

Mo-Nercy
07-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Blitzball for me was always really easy, but I never used marks. I found the default 'normal' defensive play worked a-ok just about all the time. ChickenHeart has given you a great line-up of players, I think the only difference I'd have to my team would be to have Naida instead of Ropp (Calm Lands shop). She's got some great techs and she swims faster than most of your opposition. Ropp's great too, though, so it's up to you, really.

I suggest reseting all Blitzball data and starting again with your Level 1 team. If the other teams have already gone several levels beyond you, then there's no point trying to catch them.

Speaking of levels; make sure that when you're involving everyone in the game, especially in the early levels. When you're up on the scoreboard, it's the ideal time for you to just hold the ball and play keepaway, passing around and gaining experience for your team. The game becomes a lot easier if you do this. The great thing about Kyou is that he's a decent goalie as well, so you can swap Miyu for Kyou in the defensive line and get her involved in the passing/grind-for-exp phases of the game, before swapping her and her tanked up Catch stat back to her proper position. This makes you just about invincible.

I could keep going, but it's more fun if you work out some attacking strategies (defence pretty much plays itself if you're levelled up right) for yourself. Post more questions if you have any though xD.

btw: Use your mini-map. You should be looking at it more than the actual big screen showing your player. The little circle around the arrow doesn't just indicate who's got the ball, but also the safety zone which your player can pass and shoot without being troubled by the opposing team. Knowing this, it becomes quite easy to starve the other team of possession and control the play.

Look at me. Talking about Blitzball like it's a real sport, and not a glorified numbers game =D

mindfray
08-01-2010, 05:17 PM
So i hired all the guys chickenheart recommended. went into the blitzball tournament cause it said first prize was attack reals.

so it kept going through the other teams beating each other, then ended. this went on serveral times untill it gave notice i did not win and the tournament option was blacked out.

i did not even get a single game in.

whats the deal with this?

Mo-Nercy
08-02-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure. It's certainly something that never happened to me. Sounds like a bug of some sort. Give it another go. Or try a League game.

Jessweeee♪
08-02-2010, 01:35 AM
I would just use Tidus to score a Jecht Shot and then do that glitch to make everyone swim in little circles for the rest of the game xD

Renmiri
08-02-2010, 05:16 AM
reset blitzball and start again. Often when you have a bad start, the other teams get way better than yours, very fast. reset and start over, till your players are gainning stats as fast (or faster) than the other teams.